OnePlus 8 Series Review Open Challenge

1. luckywonz
    Cupcake May 22, 2020

luckywonz , May 22, 2020 :
    I like first 120 hz rate and oxygen my favorite software
    No need to tell about camera OnePlus cameras very well performance all in one mobile comes with[e]1f60d[/e] wireless charging water proof

UncleCupCake likes this.
  2. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread May 23, 2020

3. Cruiser racer
    Cupcake May 23, 2020

4. jlasensiofi
    KitKat May 24, 2020

S1590647790568 likes this.
  5. E1590436713047 , via OnePlus Community App , May 25, 2020 :
    world is turning like the word ancient time as every second passes becouse evrytime a new invention with the motive a world towards future is coming out and for now we are one step away from the future .. grabbing the future is like holding OnePlus smart phone.. so grab before u became the ancient one🤘

S1590647790568 and UncleCupCake like this.
  6. C1590504844534 , via OnePlus Community App , May 27, 2020 :
    Unboxing [e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e]
    display [e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e]
    camera [e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f64f[/e][e]1f44c[/e]
    performance [e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e]
    Oxygen OS [e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f44c[/e][e]1f64f[/e][e]1f44c[/e]
    amazing phone I reviewed after seeing hundreds of videos in YouTube. I don't have a OP 8 device but my enthusiasm runs me for this.

S1590647790568 and UncleCupCake like this.
  7. luxuskamel
    Lollipop May 27, 2020

luxuskamel , May 27, 2020 :
    Hey @dsmonteiro
    I think it would be very nice for places 1-5 if they also can get a t-shirt. They scored even better but won't get something "exclusive"? I bet you have more than 5 t-shirts available ^^

S1590647790568 likes this.

8. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread May 29, 2020 at 1:46 AM

UncleCupCake , via OnePlus 8 , May 29, 2020 at 1:46 AM :
    ok everyone I finally got my new OnePlus 8 . I decided to go with a maxed out instellar glow at 12gigs of RAM and 256 gigs of storage. I am coming from a 7 pro ..enjoy my review and thanks for reading.

Display:
    This is a small step up from the 7 pro. but for it it is much higher quality when it comes to color management and overall picture quality. it is by the best display I have ever seen on a phone. the black are much deeper than the 7 pro. I never thought my pro had a bad screen but in comparison the blacks are much better when side by side.
    I am not experiencing any black crush or green issues on my 8 at all thankfully. Its perfect for the most part.
    the main issue honestly I am shocked no one has mentioned?! Due to the hole punch camera some apps automatic create a black bar hiding the punch hole camera. it's takes a screen that is already smaller than the 7 pro even smaller, for me this isn't an issue but I know many would be very angry by this as the marketing for it is a bit misleading.
    Also some apps my OnePlus aren't even optimized for the new 8s screen size it seems as the bottom of even this community app is cut off.
    I have attached a photo of the black bar issue as seen when playing fortnite( whybnot just go full screen with the hole punch there and obvious ) and the cut off here on the community app.
    I really hope both these issues can be fixed with an update soon.
    Resolution of 1080p is honestly more than enough compare to the 1444p I got with my 7 pro..I honestly don't miss the later and prefer the smaller more comfortable display with better picture quality and less curvature.
    1590713907715.jpg

1590713907756.jpg

Battery Life:
    I can only say that on average I am getting 2 days before a charge is really needed. This is amazing and with the help of the 1080p screen and a slightly larger battery life with the 865 chip combined produce a phone that last a damn long time. Even on days when I game on it I have averaged over one almost of full use. I charge the phone while I shave and brush my teeth in the morning and by the time I am done it is full and ready for the whole day.

Cameras:
    the two main cameras that everyone will use thankfully are great , pictures are beautiful, color accuracy I feel has improved in the right ways. The front facing camera is great takes very nice selfies if that is what your into. I don't do it ever really but do like to video call family a lot more these days so I am so happy to not have to worry about the pop-up any more in landscape itade any thing camera in landscape a bit annoying. if your worried the hole punch will take away from the experience don't be it doesn't I really never notice until some dumb app puts a black bar up....cough cough fortnite.
    Now for the macro lens. I think OnePlus does not know how to use this camera and had no optimized the software for it. It's really hard to get a good photo. I will post on and as you can see it has serious issues when it comes to focusing especially on the outer edge of the image...it's weird but I think software related, I am not going to discredit the cameras or one plus as I really hope updates can improve it. 1590716179778.jpg

1590716179714.jpg

Overall Design:
    The changes here and not obvious until you hold the device in you hands in comparison to the 7 pro. The 8 is slighting thinner, skinnier aka not as wide but just a tiny amount , and a hair shorter, and the screen has less of a curve along it's edges. These changes don't seem like much a change but it's so much nicer to hold than an 8 pro or the 7 pro. This is all personal preference, but for me I love it, it is so much nicer to use one handed, the screen not being as curved is awesome as i don't have ghost touching occuring anymore which I did have happen all the time on my 7 pro. since the curve is mainly only on the bezel along the screen it reminds me of an iPhone xr as the black bezel is a touch more noticeable but this is bad in anyway design wise it helps a ton and you end up with a screen that feels as good as the 7t but not as sharp on the edges due to small curve.
    The back of this phone is highly glossy and reflective like the house of mirrors in enter the dragon, except that a black unicorn blew up inside. lol seriously many articles say you can't photograph the phone due to the crazy colors. this is true and not as I read all those article and now having the phone it looks a lot like all those photos but better in real life. l will say what know one else has said.....drum roll. it's hella pink!!! like very pink..like a pinkish sunset is the best way to describe it..it's super pretty and I love pink so it's bit bonus for me...there are other colors in the back panel but none as prominent as pink. Only negative is it is a finger print magnet and being so pretty everyone will want to touch it...( that's what she said )
    aka keep a cleaning cloth handy. or case it up but then you won't get to see it which is just sad.

Build Quality:
    Too notch so far no issues at all. I only worry that's the back panel will not be as strong as phones in past due to the complex manufacturing of it to get the interstellar glow effect.. let's hope I am wrong. I want to keep this baby running for yrs to come.

Value
    The OnePlus 8 is in my personal opinion worth the price of admission?
    It really depends but for me yes it is. The addition of 5g speed is great ( this can differ per user and location, but for me in Chicago I get more reliable service, and higher download speeds.) the smaller more comfortable form factor is another win.
    the removal of the pop up camera is a plus for me as I really didn't care for it.. even though I rarely used it. I realized i didn't because it was annoying for video calling anyone. made landscapes video calls even worse lol. However I do wish for this price point we got some USB c headphones and a clear case packed into the box as in the past at least that. Price wouldn't even be questioned if they went down by 100 dollars

Final Thoughts:
    the one plus 8 is such a good phone that could have been great and for many like me it will be or is considered great. If you can afford to get one go for it...if your coming from iOS you won't be disappointed at all. One plus has done and amazing job with oxygen os and I expect nothing but improvements going forward.
    If your like me and appreciate comfortable easy simple to use phone that is fast and takes a decent picture but yet is eye catching as hell. you can't go wrong with the phone. If you also want to be a part of one of the best communities for tech ..then just stop and click buy now...because one of the best things about OnePlus is literally being a part of the community...it's one of the main reason I love this company and there products.
    Thanks for reading
    this is Alexis signing off 🤗[e]1f4f4[/e] ciao

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2020 at 2:36 AM

USMCDevildog likes this.
  9. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread May 29, 2020 at 2:38 AM

10. USMCDevildog
    Cupcake May 29, 2020 at 4:02 AM

USMCDevildog , via OnePlus Community App , May 29, 2020 at 4:02 AM :
    i get it ruff ruff good thing I love dogs

puccellino likes this.
  11. Veekshith lobo
    Cupcake May 29, 2020 at 7:12 AM

UncleCupCake likes this.
  12. puccellino
    KitKat May 29, 2020 at 12:39 PM

puccellino , May 29, 2020 at 12:39 PM :
    :D

Welcome to the forum ...... Hope you are enjoying your time here!

UncleCupCake and Batman360 like this.
  13. F_Neeraj_Gujjar_tWRZ
    Cupcake May 31, 2020 at 5:14 PM

14. rumitdihora
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2020 at 3:39 PM

rumitdihora , Jun 2, 2020 at 3:39 PM :
    Unboxing- One plus 8 and 8 pro unboxing impression is very classic because when we unbox the box when we see the Phone first time it's glacier , coating of colour , shining , weight and smoothness and glass body really attractive the camera design and everything is lit & phone case quality also good than any other phone.

Display - if I'm gonna talk about display main attraction is 120hz which give fully smooth scrolling in display and full hd amoled display which give and ultra gaming smoothness like fortnite , pubg are very smooth in this device. the designing of screen is also good and quality also.

Camera - Camera quality is always good in OnePlus any phone , they always improve camera quality. and in OnePlus 8 series they give 8k Video shooting with smoothness and x-ray scanner is totally new concept. But one small mistake is slow-motion which is slow-motion is fully in slow not fast to slow.

Performance- Always performance is good in gaming , working tasks and other performance are good in any one plus devices. battery performance is also good in this device.charger and cable which they provide are also good so basically performance is excellent.

if I'm gonna telling about oxygen Os 10.5.4 which is updated in OnePlus8 series is very good at smoothness processing and other features are also good and Qualcomm Snapdragon latest version is used in this phone.

so basically this phone is excellent for full fill your dream I'm very big fan of OnePlus phone series, I used One plus 3,5t,6t,7 &7t which all are good so I give humble review for OnePlus 8 series.
    thanks you one plus for your best service

15. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jun 2, 2020 at 3:48 PM

dsmonteiro , Jun 2, 2020 at 3:48 PM :
    Hey there,

As the rules state, you should create a thread under the User Reviews section, not in this thread.

jlasensiofi and Batman360 like this.