OnePlus 8 Series - Supporting Work and Home

1. nmatheis
    US Brand Ambassador May 21, 2020

nmatheis , via OnePlus Community App , May 21, 2020 :
    @keithnyc What stylus and note taking app are you using? Do you get automatic conversion of handwriting to text with your setup? I'm definitely interested in this and have been using Google Lens to convert handwritten paper notes to text after meetings. Would be cool to skip the paper notes and just use my OP8...

Last edited: May 21, 2020

16Kevin, Batman360 and keithnyc like this.
  2. Sharmendra
    Cupcake May 21, 2020

Sharmendra , May 21, 2020 :
    I am contemplating to buy between OP8 and OP7 Pro... comparing cost and all other factors, which one is a bettter option.

keithnyc likes this.
  3. SeaRefractor
    Gingerbread May 21, 2020

SeaRefractor , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , May 21, 2020 :
    Would be cool if OnePlus provided a setting to enable the hidden desktop mode built-in to Android 10. Apparently there is an article on XDA Developers on how to able it, but requires using adb to enable. Would give OxygenOS a way to be even more productivity supporting with an external display, keyboard and mouse.

nmatheis and keithnyc like this.
  4. keithnyc
    Marshmallow Moderator May 21, 2020

keithnyc , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 21, 2020 :
    I do reply quickly, don't I?
    Personally speaking, I honestly don't have any negatives I can think of other than I miss the rising selfie camera (which I stated,)......the hole punch isn't bad, but I'd rather see an entire screen.
    I don't know what else to say...I didn't do a comparisom against the Samsung because I don't have one. I'm sure it's a wonderful phone, but two things I never liked on Samsung was all the bloatware and the high price if Iwanted to buy it unlocked and without a contract. It just wasn't worth it to me

16Kevin and Batman360 like this.
  5. keithnyc

I was pretty happy with the 7Pro.buy it's all on what's important to you. if you want to save money and the additional speed of the 8 ( screen refresh rate etc), isn't as big deal, the 7 Pro is likely a great option for you.

Batman360 likes this.
  6. keithnyc

agreed... You can provide feedback to the developers on this as well.

Batman360 likes this.
  7. faisal337
    Froyo May 22, 2020

keithnyc likes this.

keithnyc likes this.
  9. mahinani
    Cupcake May 22, 2020

mahinani , May 22, 2020 :
    Great review.present I am using OnePlus 7pro I hope I gonna miss this buddy on 10 more days .I am eagerly waiting for OnePlus 8pro in india .I am going to buy one on release date..I went trough all the reviews awesome feedback..thank you.

keithnyc likes this.
  10. Vikram021
    Donut May 22, 2020

Vikram021 , May 22, 2020 :
    why OnePlus 8 series doesn't come with 8k recording even thou SD865 chip supports 8k recording .. i really want tat .. gve an update plzzzzz

keithnyc likes this.
  11. BetiK
    Gingerbread May 22, 2020

BetiK , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 22, 2020 :
    Your description gives me more and more desire and dedication to work on creating wallpapers for the Oneplus 8 series contest.
    My goal is to have one of my creations chosen to win a OnePlus 8 Pro like my 7 pro. 12 gigs of ram and 256 rom.
    I also like to photograph and record videos for later editing. It certainly seems to be the best choice.
    The only caveat is the lack of the pop up camera.

Congratulations.

keithnyc likes this.
  12. SeaRefractor
    Gingerbread May 22, 2020

SeaRefractor , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , May 22, 2020 :
    Actually, the last phone that I would like to win is the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren edition. [e]1f601[/e]. Not quite the same specs, but same RAM capacity and the pop up front facing camera. However, if something happens to my 7 Pro that required replacement, I would get an 8 Pro over any of the competition.

keithnyc likes this.
  13. keithnyc
    Marshmallow Moderator May 23, 2020

keithnyc , May 23, 2020 :
    Good suggestion, buddy. Please submit your idea here to the developers...these guys do listen.
    Click here and select "Submit a Suggestion" https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

Batman360 likes this.
  14. keithnyc

Hiya mate...Yeah, the stylus was always the problem (which is why I've been begging OP to develop a fine point stylus), I had a friend at work make one for me....It looks like he took a regular pen but crafted (somehow) a capacitative fine tip that works really well (unfortunately it's still in the office).

I use a few different apps for note taking...if someone is speaking at a conference, I default to Live Transcribe. But for notes, I really like Evernote (allows for handwriting and pics). I also like Google Handwriting Input if I know I will be taking lots of notes ahead of time.

Now I know I'm dating myself, but the absolute BEST handwriting recognition application was the one used by the Newton Message Pad back in 2000. It was called ParaGraph and was preinstalled on Newton' ROM so it converted handwriting quickly. Once they tweaked the application, it's recognition was nearly 100%...it could even "right" up shapes...it was really pretty amazing and eventually found it's way into Windows CE (another system dead and gone...).

Last edited: May 23, 2020

nmatheis likes this.
  15. keithnyc

I will be submitting some video I'm doing of the empty streets and shops here. But to be honest, now that Summer is coming, people are starting to get pretty antsy....they are beginning to refill the streets and parks

MosheG1 likes this.
  16. nmatheis
    US Brand Ambassador May 23, 2020

nmatheis , via OnePlus Community App , May 23, 2020 :
    Thanks the the reply. I'll look for a fine point still and give it a shot.

17. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer May 24, 2020

MosheG1 , May 24, 2020 :
    can't wait to see some!

keithnyc likes this.
  18. Louie Allen
    Gingerbread May 24, 2020

19. Jalamsingh
    Cupcake May 24, 2020

20. keithnyc
    Marshmallow Moderator May 25, 2020