OnePlus 8 Series Unboxing Experience

1. USBA JasonB
    US Brand Ambassador Apr 29, 2020

USBA JasonB , Apr 29, 2020 :
    Unboxing Experience.png

What's up OP Community! This time around, a couple US Brand Ambassadors, @USBA JasonB and @scotty137, are going over the unboxing and first initial thoughts on the OnePlus 8 series!

We’ll start with a video that @scotty137 created of his unboxing. He’s rocking the OnePlus 8 Pro! Enjoy!

OnePlus rocks that classic unique unboxing experience we have all come to love. You notice how long it takes the top and the bottom of the box to separate using only gravity? Years ago OnePlus did a study and found there was actually a science to it. The perfect sweet spot for maximum anticipation. And we have to say, it's one of the most satisfying feelings. It’s something I look forward to literally every single release from OnePlus.

I don't know about you, but for me (@scotty137), unboxing my new device is one of the best parts of the whole experience. There really is a science to how appealing the packaging looks and how the box design helps to build the excitement and anticipation.

The box that something comes in really says a lot about it, and about the company that makes it. With every Samsung phone I've had, the box and packaging always felt cheap, and it lessened my expectations and experience with the device.

OnePlus has always provided quality, and unique packaging. For the 8 series, OnePlus continued the trend of the long box started with the 7T. I've always been impressed with the quality of OnePlus devices, but I've also been impressed with what they include with the phones.

This box includes all the goodies anyone could ask for! More than almost any other smartphone manufacturer. Inside the box you get:
    The device
    +Warp Charge 30T cable
    +Warp Charge 30T block
    +Never Settle case (for the Pro)
    +Information packet and OnePlus Troll Stickers

As always, OnePlus includes the world wide beloved bright red USB-C Warp Charge Cable with the cable management clips. But wait, there's more! Unlike other device manufacturers, OnePlus even throws in the Warp Charge 30T block. Now that's bang for your buck. To put it in perspective they sell the OnePlus Warp Charge 30 Power Bundle for $49.90 USD. This is the charger that everyone talks about, no matter who reviews it. Charging devices rapidly create an immense amount of heat, but by using the Warp Charge 30T block and cable, all of that heat is transferred to the block and away from your phone. Meaning you can use your device while power gaming and still comfortably charge.

Inside, you will also find the aforementioned information packets and the legendary gift that we all love and know as the OnePlus Troll Stickers. With plenty of stickers to choose, from the #’s to the Logo and even the Never Settle mantra. Use these to your liking, decorate your car or your friends iPhone, show some OnePlus love and post them on social media; but don’t forget to tag OnePlus when you do!

On the 8 Pro, OnePlus has added a little gift of a case, with the beautifully etched “Never Settle” in it. It’s an incredibly nice case and we absolutely love the etch. Do note though that the OnePlus 8 (non pro) does not come included with the case, but does include a factory installed screen protector in some regions. Other regions may have two screen protectors included in the box.

Now, it's time for the bread and butter, the one single thing you have been waiting months for. Inside the box is obviously the OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro! Wrapped in a protective plastic, the majestic colors come to life.

I (JasonB) have the Glacial Green for the time being and it's eye opening. As soon as I took it out of the box, I kid you not, the entire room I was in turned, looked at it and in unison said “wow that color is gorgeous”. It's a very oceanic green with hints of blueish mixed in, for a drop dead gorgeous look.

IMG_20200429_144811.jpg

JasonC aka @scotty137 has the Ultramarine Blue and I gotta say it's probably my favorite color I've ever seen on a phone. Blue is my favorite color and metallic blue, and a deep Royal Blue are two of my favorite shades of blue. This Ultramarine Blue is like a perfect mix of both. I think OnePlus did an absolutely incredible job on the color here. Yes, it stands out a bit but it's certainly not gaudy or ostentatious. It catches the eye in all the right ways. I'm also a bit of a colorful person so it fits my personality well. Overall, it's just beautiful. Combined with the matte glass feel on the back of the phone, and OnePlus really nailed the CMF (color, materials, and finish) with this phone.

IMG_20200425_195923.jpg

OnePlus has perfected the premium device feel. No other phone I have held in my hand feels as good as a OnePlus, and this time OnePlus nailed it to perfection. The matte frosted back glass brings back the memories from the Silk White 6 I had. It's the most incredible texture, soft yet durable. It's like you can feel the color. Weird description I know, but those who held it know what I'm talking. It’s not easy to describe, one of those “you have to see for yourself" moments.

Whenever I get a new device, I genuinely look forward to unboxing it. There's something just refreshing and rewarding about unboxing a beautiful, premium device that I've been wanting and worked hard to get.

When I open a box and hold that device in my hand for the first time, it really is an awesome experience. Call me crazy, but don't we all like getting stuff and opening things? Especially things that we really want, that we've worked hard to be able to get for ourselves?

OnePlus didn't fail my expectations. OnePlus continues to provide a stellar unboxing feeling, both outside and inside the box, giving you everything you need to get started, all with an incredible and engaging sense of ritual.

If you want to unbox the OnePlus 8 series, even while you anxiously await yours to arrive, head to Instagram to our @OnePlus or @OnePlus_India accounts. Using impressive AR technology you can unbox and check the device anywhere in the world! Don’t forget to follow @OnePlus, if you haven't already, and post your own unboxing be it a virtual or a real one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020

2. N1576489272787
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2020

N1576489272787 , Apr 29, 2020 :
    one+8 looking very sexy........i want this .[e]2665[/e]️[e]2665[/e]️[e]2665[/e]️[e]2665[/e]️[e]2665[/e]️[e]2665[/e]️

3. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Apr 30, 2020

LOKESH KUMAR JAIN and meatandy like this.
  4. karthik yadawad
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 30, 2020

LOKESH KUMAR JAIN likes this.
  5. ShahiNarendra
    Froyo Apr 30, 2020

ShahiNarendra , via OnePlus 5T , Apr 30, 2020 :
    great unboxing but I like black color always one plus 8pro my next phone. when availability in India so much wait I will never for OnePlus. three phones of OnePlus I have used 5t , 7pro or soon 8pro.

6. S1588214983472
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2020

7. IgorT76
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2020

8. ShahiNarendra
    Froyo Apr 30, 2020

9. Ashutyagii
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2020

Ashutyagii , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 30, 2020 :
    i purchased OnePlus 7t pro INR 54999 last month, now OnePlus drop their price and 8 pro is on the same price it is very disappointed.
    i was an iPhone user first time i moved on android and i got a huge disappointed. i would like to make a request to OnePlus community to help.

10. Deepakjr.
    Donut Apr 30, 2020

12. Nobu01
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2020

Nobu01 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 30, 2020 :
    Use 7T Pro, great smartphone.

LOKESH KUMAR JAIN and Simon6T like this.
  13. femiuex

14. batho
    Froyo Apr 30, 2020

15. JelleZon
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Apr 30, 2020

16. dinbandhukumar

dinbandhukumar , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Apr 30, 2020 :
    punch hole looks impressive and OnePlus 8 pro [e]2665[/e]️[e]2665[/e]️ . 6 month back only I had upgraded to op 7 pro from op6 . which is still a beast. I thought to upgrade but I think I will wait for 8t pro release. will get some more exciting features in 8T pro.

17. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 30, 2020

meatandy , Apr 30, 2020 :
    I would love to unbox one myself but the op8 hasn't been added to the referral program yet. :confused:

LOKESH KUMAR JAIN and femiuex like this.
  18. Boroboy71
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2020

19. fardananik
    Eclair May 1, 2020