OnePlus 8 T-Mobile Not impressed via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile

1. EPetronick
    Cupcake May 25, 2020

EPetronick , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , May 25, 2020 :
    Fourth One Plus here, sorry to say not impressed. Just upgraded from my 7T this week. Loved that one, left it to go to the McClaren, big mistake, returned a few days later. My new 8 has a few issues, the home screen lags, when going home it sometimes is blank for 5/6 seconds. Please get rid of the curved glass, I really like to use a glass screen protector. The finger print response sucks since I installed the screen protector. I have lost track home many times I have re-enrolled my thumb. Forget about trying to activate anything on the corners on the first touch.. Will not happen. I have jump on demand so this was a no cost move.. Wouldn't recommend it otherwise. Not sure where I go now but definitely not keeping this.

Last edited: May 25, 2020

2. IgorT76
    Gingerbread May 25, 2020

IgorT76 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 25, 2020 :
    I bought OP 8 from T-Mobile for my wife. Sure, glass screen protector results in lower screen response, but there are no other issues you mentioned. Which FW version are you using?

3. EPetronick
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2020

EPetronick , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , Jun 6, 2020 :

IgorT76

I bought OP 8 from T-Mobile for my wife. Sure, glass screen protector results in lower screen response, but there are no other issues you mentioned. Which FW version are you using?​

I am using 10.5.8 no other updates show for my device. the most frustrating thing is the blank home screen when I select the home button. My home screen show no icons for approx 5 seconds almost everytime I return to the home screen. Think I found the issue. I was using the latest OnePlus Launcher, went back to 4.4.8 and home screen response is back to normal.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020