Battery/Charging OnePLus 8 T not charging

1. Marc Van Loo
    Donut May 8, 2021

Marc Van Loo , May 8, 2021 :
    Hi
    Since yesterday i have issues with charging. My phone was at 19% when i plugged it in, and it did nothing. Also lately i noticed when i charged my phone, charging repeatedly failed and then came back after a second or so, with a little sound at that time. Phone is about 7 months old. Would be very quick to have issues with it.
    But..before this issue, i noticed that the charging cable was not fitting as snug anymore like in the beginning, so i tried to clean it very carefully with a fine plastic pin. Didn't help much though. I hope that i didn't break something, but i don't think so. Charging works with a slow charger.

Last edited: May 8, 2021

Gor.V likes this.
  2. Gor.
    Lollipop May 8, 2021

Gor. , May 8, 2021 :
    Hey there. Kindly try and check if any of the following works:
    • Use the actual brick and USB cable provided with the phone (I assume you've been doing this)
    • Use a flashlight and check if there is any foreign object sitting inside the phone's charging port. Also, check with the brick's USB port to see if there anything inside. Then, check the USB cable's pins for any foreign object and clean it off with a tiny brush (ensure you use a brush that doesn't shed plenty of bristles while cleaning since it would end up in the ports). A simple mouth air blow can also work.
    • Update to the latest OS version, if there is any available and you haven't.
    • Clear cache as follows;
    1. Turn the phone off (unplug the charger if charging).
    2. Hold Power and Volume Down Button
    3. English (or pick any language that you want)
    4. Wipe data & cache
    5. Wipe cache (this does not delete your personal data)
    6. Yes
    7. Reboot.​
    • If the issue still persists then kindly reset your handset.
    I suspect that either the brick or USB cable have an issue (or both).

Xcommunicad0 and Aaron2017 like this.
  3. Xcommunicad0
    KitKat May 8, 2021

Xcommunicad0 , via OnePlus 8T , May 8, 2021 :
    I think the cable probably is not connected properly at either side... try removing and reinserting from charger side as well.

Also try connecting another cable with charger too if that helps.

Gor.V likes this.
  4. O. Priya
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 8, 2021

O. Priya , May 8, 2021 :
    Check your power supply, charging port, charger, USB cable and charging switch. If any of these is faulty, then rectify it. If still the problem is there, visit the service center. Also, have a check whether a background app is draining the battery or not.

5. Marc Van Loo
    Donut May 10, 2021

Marc Van Loo , May 10, 2021 :
    Hi all, Thaks for all the reply's. My problem has been solved in the meantime. It was indeed a blocked usb port. Did a good blow with my air compressor(not from too short) at the phone and cable, and now the usb cable fits snug again. You know when the device is new and you plug in the cable, there is like a little click. With the dust in it i didn't had that click and a good connection probably. Don't know why the slow charger worked,it was another cable though,maybe that's why it worked...So all be fine now. Thanks again for the help.

Gor.V likes this.
  6. T1595425633115
    Donut May 10, 2021

7. Suhaad , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , May 11, 2021 :
    I have faced this issue with my older phones of another company before I switched to 8t . It's a problem with the charging pin. If the chargers pin bends or gets damaged on the inside it wouldn't charge.I have used redmi moto etc and with all of these phones I faced the same issue. All you have to do is buy a new charging cable from OnePlus store from the mobile or a retail store. This is the only reason that I take care while I charge my phone. 8 t is a gorgeous phone and I don't want to damage it.

Gor.V likes this.