OnePlus 8 tint issue via OnePlus 8

1. HarshitH_18
    Cupcake May 8, 2021

HarshitH_18 , via OnePlus 8 , May 8, 2021 :
    Hi friends,
    I have bought my OnePlus device, it's superb in the performance since I noticed,
    I have seen a problem with my device is the tint issue
    While my device in the dark mode I noticed blue colour and something like violent colour issue while scrolling my device in the dark mode..
    So any suggestions to fix this tint issue.

2. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 8, 2021

Does!Compute , May 8, 2021 :
    As already mentioned in multiple threads, this is a hardware issue, present in a major chunk of OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro displays (mostly due to poor quality checks and uniformity issues in E3 AMOLED panels).
    Search before creating redundant threads

3. PTuT
    Jelly Bean May 9, 2021

PTuT , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 9, 2021 :
    I think it could be minimized if OP would spend some time to deep dive on this issue or just ask Samsung to help. I cannot believe they would put subpar display on their pro units knowingly (and charging big money).

4. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 9, 2021

Does!Compute , May 9, 2021 :
    I've personally seen 4 OnePlus 8 Pros, each of them show this issue (3 different patterns of non-uniformity). The DXOMark display review shows the same, so does the XDA display analysis. On the other hand, Oppo Find X2 and X2 Pro, which have the same display, show minimal non-uniformity, with better grey balance. It cannot be only due to poor calibration, but perhaps due to the fact that OnePlus took the displays that were cut from the corners of the AMOLED sheet, while Oppo took the centre ones (centre ones are generally far more uniform). Due to the fact that displays show varying levels and patterns of green/pint tint and black crush, I doubt they will be able to fix the issue any more (there is a bit of an improvement since the OOS 11 update.)

5. bpwest80
    KitKat May 9, 2021

bpwest80 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 9, 2021 :
    Just about every phone I've owned that had an AMOLED display had some sort of defect. Red tint. Not uniform. Blue tint. Green tint. Low light especially. Even my 8 Pro tints red at the slightest angle. I use Display P3 more towards the cool side when I use light mode to cut down the red tint. I use vivid with dark mode. It's not called the OLED lottery for nothing. Pixel 2 XL display was horrible. Google sent me 3 replacements and they all had horrible displays. The worst I've ever seen. Whites looked like notebook paper and fuzzy and it had a horrible blue tint. My s8 Plus had terrible red tint all over the display no matter what display mode I chose. I also tried 2 replacements and they were the same. Finally settled on one that wasn't so bad and ended up selling it because I just couldn't take it.

6. Sidharth0628
    Froyo May 22, 2021