OnePlus 8 v 8 Pro. via OnePlus 8

1. Tekron
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2020

Tekron , via OnePlus 8 , Sep 30, 2020 :
    OnePlus's CEO has announced that there will be no OnePlus 8T Pro.

In effect, the OnePlus 8T is a device that will bridge some gaps between the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro, thereby giving the OnePlus 8 some enhancements.

OnePlus 8 users should rejoice. This keeps our phone more 'top-tiered'. It is now higher up on the list and there is more chance it will receive future updates.

The OnePlus 8 remains a solid performing phone that barely cuts corners. It has all the Solid features of the 8 Series while managing to remain affordable. The upgrades of its older siblings are I would say, minor. This gives us a sense of security in its longevity.

I will give some examples.

no 120hz? 90hz is a massive step up from 60hz but the step up from 90hz to 120hz is not as big. Plus, you get extra battery life. 90hz provides more than enough speed.

no wireless charging? Big deal. For some, it might be a drawback but honestly, wireless charging isn't as popular and widespread as regular charging. I've personally never used wireless charging on capable devices. I prefer wired charging. plus, it's usually faster. The point is, you need to charge your phone, that's it. You have superspeed warp charge and a massive battery to make-up for it anyway.

OnePlus 8 has a better battery than the Pro. (Battery life is terrific). Because....The Pro has a slightly bigger display at 6.78 that's QHD. But honestly, the 8 is still a massive phone at 6.55. Difference in size is not big. Anything north of 6.5 can actually get uncomfortable for some, and doesn't provide much of a bigger advantage. 2ndly, Full HD+ is perfectly sharp enough, your eye practically cannot tell the difference between it and QHD+ . Plus, these two 'short-comings' saves battery. I'd rather that. The OnePlus 8 screen is gorgeous.

OnePlus 8 has no water resistance IP68 rating?. Ok, so it doesn't have the official rating. fine. but it still does have decent water resistance. that's enough for me, and most of you people. It's not as if you go swimming with your phone. your OnePlus 8 will survive, rain, splashes and that occasional quick rinse.

(This post is designed to bring comfort for OnePlus 8 users).

3. Tekron
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2020

Tekron , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 12, 2020 :
    well, you'd probably get worse battery life on the other models. I can't speak for you, but I've been getting about 7-8 hours of screen on time with medium to heavy usage. Great battery life. All online reviews give battery life on the 8 as one of the pro's.

Try and tweak your settings online. We should be getting the Oxygen 11 Update in a matter of days anyway.

Akshatt Seth likes this.

5. Tekron
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2020

Tekron , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 12, 2020 :
    oh wow. There could be something wrong with your battery. Try adjusting settings to make it less power hungry.
    Black wallpapers make make a small difference

Try not to overcharge your phone as this can degrade battery health.

Wait for the next update over the course of the next week or so before you decide to contact OnePlus over abysmal battery.

6. Akshatt Seth , via OnePlus 8 Glacial Green , Oct 12, 2020 :
    Update Arrived just after i posted this , Let me update it , & i'll keep you posted.

7. Tekron
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2020 at 1:09 PM

8. Akshatt Seth
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2020 at 4:07 PM

9. Akshatt Seth
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2020 at 7:05 PM