OnePlus 8T Concept: Exploring New Technologies

1. AkashS04
    Donut Jan 8, 2021

AkashS04 , Jan 8, 2021 :
    3.5mm is not irrelevant technology. It is required if you want to use the phone while let your hands free to do things and also it is not possible to lift the phone for hours to talk. But sadly all companies started following Apple without using the brain and releasing shit mobile which are total junk and useless for their actual use i.e. calling and talking to others.

2. manosdias
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2021

manosdias , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Jan 8, 2021 :
    I don't care. I use Bluetooth anyway. But who said anything about 3.5mm. I'm talking about the topic which is exploring new technology. Read my comment again. I'm telling OnePlus to fix their software before looking into new technologies. @OnePlus learn to walk before you run

3. vishal_oldboy
    Froyo Jan 8, 2021

vishal_oldboy , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 8, 2021 :
    Please don't explore anything just concentrate on the existing model.
    I recently switched back from OnePlus 7 pro to OnePlus 8T because 8T pro wasn't launched and 8 pro didn't get positive reviews due to screen issues. said:
    This is where i made mistake. I loved OnePlus because of the experience and features i got used to. Obviously i was using their devices from the long time and those devices were so good that i made habit of those features and i didn't realise how that got involved in my daily work routine. Those meticulous attention got involved and i become used to.
    But OnePlus had to ruined it with OnePlus 8T by introducing phone, message and contact apps .
    I can't wake up screen by double tap while calling i had to reach power button by doing it. I can't record calls without notifying i have to use recording to create MOM
    I missed important messages because there is no filter message app and i flooded by promotional messages.
    I missed when the calls comes in i don't have to answer the manually when i connect blutooth headset when headset connect by quick connect it answer automatically.
    And when calls comes in it used to speak the name of the caller.
    I didn't realise that time these features i will have to brag them in fourms
    That time i lost it on OnePlus they ruined it easiness
    Now i know why most of people prefer apple because every brand ruining Android when Apple is improving the experience they are truly never settle
    These features are not deal breaker but the doing it out of frustration and i do not who will be fixing those

I don't prefer sideload and any other third party app because this is not why i paid hefty money to them. So they can ruin the premium features.

Why i gave OnePlus money if they believe to ruin the experience.
    I hate other Chinese brand and they don't care about the experience but OnePlus is becoming one of them
    I am now switching back to my old samsung phone and truly i do not want to do that because of the habit, it developed with the past experience.
    In 8t you improved light and proximity sensors..kudos!!
    P.S Congratulations OnePlus you are now settled.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021

4. r.relosa
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2021

r.relosa , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 8, 2021 :
    This is a good step.. specially if this is also integrated on Oneplus Cases.. imagine most of us use Cases on our phones.. if this tech will be "on the phone" either transparent case or no case at all to get the benefit if this tech.

5. eastbay
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 9, 2021

eastbay , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 9, 2021 :
    LG tried The gestures a couple phone's back. Turn There volume, they did another trick on the front screen going up and down. Customer's weren't fond of lgs gestures then. Can oneplus pull this off??

6. AkashS04
    Donut Jan 11, 2021

AkashS04 , Jan 11, 2021 :
    Bluetooth is crap. Poor sound quality and most of all, biggest risk to the health. And you keep charging your BT headphone every day for multiple times and one day if you forget, gone. Phone is as good as paper weight only. OP is building shit now a days by not providing 3.5mm Jack and too heavy phones too.

7. AkashS04
    Donut Jan 11, 2021

AkashS04 , Jan 11, 2021 :
    OnePlus models after 6 sucks big. No 3.5mm Jack and too hevay. Only fools will buy 7 or 8 or now 9 series. They are as good as paper-weight and cannot be used as mobile phone at all in my view without 3.5mm Jack.

8. manosdias
    Gingerbread Jan 11, 2021

manosdias , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Jan 11, 2021 :
    Are you telling me you didn't know your phone didn't have 3.5 connection?
    Also, I don't use a headphone at all so don't care. My Bluetooth connects beautifully to my bose speaker however, no problems. Back to my original comment. Stop looking at new technology and fix the bugs in current technology. What you are talking about sound like you're replying in the wrong forum. Try reporting a bug

9. manosdias
    Gingerbread Jan 11, 2021

manosdias , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Jan 11, 2021 :
    Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. You don't like it, buy something else. Simple. Calling people fools for buying a phone makes you look like the fool, especially with your reasoning. Only fools will comment on other choices

10. SharkysOneplus6T
    Donut Jan 11, 2021

SharkysOneplus6T , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 11, 2021 :
    1.) The phone should have a sensor which can detect various body functions based on a persons pulse and body temperature. If a person is suffering from any disease it can show nearby hospitals based on a persons pin code.

2.) Mood lighting feature on back and front display a pattern which could reflect a persons mood and then run a color based scheme to cheer up mood.

3.) Ability to connect to various apps based on finger gestures.

4.) Upon drive mode it can warn a driver/ passenger of any upcoming danger and suggest corrective action.

5.) Ability to judge a person's body temperature in both celcius and fahrenheit.

11. AkashS04
    Donut Jan 12, 2021 at 1:11 AM

AkashS04 , Jan 12, 2021 at 1:11 AM :
    No. No body can force to buy but these foolish and Apple follower companies are removing such an important feature without any valid reason and playing with the health of the consumers. And people who buy these phones are actually fools in my view as they don't understand how dangerous it is and also not fair too. I am still wondering how can someone even think of buying these junks without headphone jack. They must be such a biggest fools in the world and absolutely mindless people to do so :)

12. manosdias
    Gingerbread Jan 12, 2021 at 1:39 AM

manosdias , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Jan 12, 2021 at 1:39 AM :
    Well let me tell you something. Every mobile phone emits electromagnetic waves which are more harmful than Bluetooth. Even your wired headphones are bad for you as they emit electromagnetic waves. No difference

13. AkashS04
    Donut Jan 12, 2021 at 1:52 AM

AkashS04 , Jan 12, 2021 at 1:52 AM :
    No. Wired headphone are analogue and they don't emit EM waves or minimal may be. Phones, Yes. That's why it is not advisable to keep them near you while sleeping and also using Headphone is recommended but not BT headphones. BT is the most dangerous ones. On top of that, they have poorest sound quality and their design is also not comfortable as they go into ear canal. That is why I mentioned only fools can buy these piece of shit.

14. Larskon
    Honeycomb Jan 12, 2021 at 2:09 AM

15. Adesh.sanmukh
    Honeycomb Jan 12, 2021 at 5:09 AM

Adesh.sanmukh , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 12, 2021 at 5:09 AM :
    @ZENG XI New ideas are good but regarding the design things not good ,but I feel its better to use oneplus logo instead of this Design,and so people can approach many more and wish to have oneplus logo,and need a backcase too for that one, so without backcase many of them will not use and need a proper backcase as like that design looks.why couldn't imagine oneplus logo instead of that design..?
    ☺️

16. manosdias
    Gingerbread Jan 12, 2021 at 5:20 AM

manosdias , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Jan 12, 2021 at 5:20 AM :
    Do you dry your hair with a hair dryer, use a microwave, WiFi.....etc you are surrounded by electromagnetic waves. You also have to carry your phone if you use connected headphone. With Bluetooth you leave your phone and walk around freely. If you think sound quality is poor then you need better headphones. Only a fool would use the health aspect as an argument. Also this is completely irrelevant to my comment. I want a phone that works as a phone solidly. Not bothered about headphones. I don't make that many calls. So back to the topic of the forum please OnePlus concentrate on your operating system rather than new technology

pkg3107 likes this.
  17. manosdias
    Gingerbread Jan 12, 2021 at 5:22 AM

manosdias , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Jan 12, 2021 at 5:22 AM :
    Where do you get your information about Bluetooth from? There is absolutely no link to human health. Only a fool speaks without research

18. B1610120515334
    Cupcake Jan 12, 2021 at 4:19 PM