Oneplus 8t cyberpunk via OnePlus 6T

1. G4seb
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2020

G4seb , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 13, 2020 :
    Hi,

I'm french and i want to buy a cyberpunk.
    Could you say me if it's fully compatible with french band 4G, 5G and other ?
    Is it in hydrogen or oxygen os ? If i put it in oxygen, dis i Lost all cyberpunk Addons ?

Thanks

Regards

Starcommander, Tokolozi and keithnyc like this.
  3. G4seb
    Gingerbread Nov 14, 2020

G4seb , Nov 14, 2020 :
    Hi,

Thanks but strange. A lot of seller says it's on oxygen and WE don't loose special theme...
    Real or not, i don't know

keithnyc likes this.
  4. saahil_xy , via OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition , Nov 14, 2020 :
    I don't think it's real, the cyberpunk punk edition is for China only which has hydrogen os... Even if u get the phone you won't be able to use the Google play apps... If that doesn't bother you then it would be fine... I did read somewhere it can be launched globally with oxigen os but I'm not 100% sure let's wait till December even I want the cyberpunk edition desperately 😅

Starcommander, imann24 and keithnyc like this.
  5. JonathanChuyan
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2020

JonathanChuyan , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 15, 2020 :
    Current 8t cyberpunk is China exclusive and is running a hydrogen os. U can use the good play apps.The minimal Google play cores are preinstalled in hydrogen os actually(google play services),but without google play store,u can download and install it on ur own. Gapps do work on hydrogen os normally,but there would be some problems to use google assistant with voice wake-up.
    Someone had tried to flash OOS on 8t cyberpunk,but there would be a lost for all custom cyberpunk themes. And it would only works on 15E12, u can't update the oos or u'll get boot loop.If u try to flash it with fastbootd u will get a crashdump.

keithnyc and saahil_xy06 like this.
  6. saahil_xy , via OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition , Nov 15, 2020 :
    It's better they should launch the phone globally, I didn't liked the colours of 8T so much.

7. G4seb
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2020

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020

8. Amboto
    Donut Nov 30, 2020

Amboto , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Hi
    Hi I bought on from Alibaba seller . There is global rom install on it , but all the cyberpunk theme are gone . Plus oi cannot update the phone or I get a boot loop . With the cyberpunk loading screen ( so I guess the them iar still in the phone) . For now I have unlock the phone and I am waiting for ppl doing some test to install the right OS and still having the cyberpunk animation. The phone is great and works fine but I am not satisfy as the seller didn t told me the cyberpunk them would be gone .

9. Mido_A91
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2020

Mido_A91 , Dec 7, 2020 :
    Anyone have any news on when there would be an Oxygen OS for Cyberpunk 2077 phone, since using Regular Oneplus 8T oxygen OS sends it to boot loop...This is frustrating!

Amboto likes this.
  10. F_Jann_Moreno_wwga , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 8, 2020 :
    They should make this one of a kind phone every 2 or 3 years they would get more sells .. this cyberpunk looks so cool but it's a waste since we can use it properly in the US . This 8t looks too feminine in my opinion so I'm going to pass this year .. hopefully they come up with a special phone for us .like star wars is or something cool like that ..

11. deepak2255
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2020

12. bharathbo55
    Froyo Dec 9, 2020

bharathbo55 , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 9, 2020 :
    Don't buy oneplus hereafter. Commented using Op8t 😂

13. Richard C. Mongler
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2020

14. evr_c
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2020

evr_c , Dec 12, 2020 :
    Hi !
    I bought the OnePlus 8T Cyberpunk Edition from Alibaba on release date. As mentioned before, I received it with a basic Oxygen OS ROM, no Cyberpunk theme applied. And whenever I do an update, the phone gets stuck in a boot loop (but with the Cyberpunk booting theme). As I am writing this, my phone is stuck after trying to do the OxygenOs 11.0.5.6.KB05AA. I had that problem on every update I tried since getting the phone.
    I have contacted OnePlus on that matter, but they just told me that "updating the phone should fix the problem" or to provide a log file of the event (which I can never provide since I have to wipe my phone after each "event").
    This not only is annoying because I don't get to enjoy the Cyberpunk theme I paid for, but it also put my phone at risk as I can't do any update (even security updates)...
    If anyone has any update about this problem, please let us now !

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020

15. Adamr_za
    Donut Dec 22, 2020

Adamr_za , Dec 22, 2020 :
    Got the phone with the hydrogen OS and all the cyberpunk goodness (it did update to the latest version when setting up). It came with play store installed. All my apps install and work perfectly including authentication apps like Microsoft and Google as well as banking apps. Just can't get Netflix installed which is no biggie (says its not compatible with my phone which I'm guessing has to do with copy protection). And as someone mentioned google assistant does not work properly as well. It is installed but the phone just does not choose it as the default assistant even though it is selected. So no remote voice assistance ...aka "OK google". However, I can hold down the home button to get the google voice assistant but it only web searches ... Saying "navigate me home" instead of opening maps rather does a web search

Other quirks are the HD symbol in the status bar ... But the hd text is struck through for an odd reason (can someone explain this).

Screenshot_20201222-050533__01.jpg

Also the onplus id seems to be a Chinese only account. I can't login without a Chinese phone number ... Android auto fails to see my car although I'm led to believe this is more a oneplus 8 issue rather than a cyberpunk 8t hydrogen os one (So I think)

Would have loved everything functioning but that's just my ocd talking. Most of the "gaps" i listed is stuff I'd hardly do on the phone ...

But if anyone knows how to solve the "gaps" I listed here it would be appreciated ... Regardless, I am loving this phone.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020

Moonrace1+ likes this.
  16. Shooter7889
    Eclair Dec 24, 2020

17. Adamr_za
    Donut Dec 24, 2020

Adamr_za , Dec 24, 2020 :
    OK fixed the "navigate me home" google voice assistant but giving permissions to the assistant ...

Question though. Those 10 cyberpunk 8t phones released in Malaysia ... What OS did that have ?

18. Shooter7889
    Eclair Dec 27, 2020

Shooter7889 , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 27, 2020 :
    Hydrogen os

Adamr_za likes this.
  19. Ali18
    Froyo Dec 28, 2020

Ali18 , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 28, 2020 :
    I have this phone with hydrogen OS just download the Google play apk and you use it normally. Currently using it in US everything is working except a couple things like ok google and some apps are blocked from the play store like Hulu you have to side download.
    You could flash oxygen OS on this but I hear OTA updates just lock up the phone

Moonrace1+ and Shooter7889 like this.
  20. Shooter7889
    Eclair Dec 28, 2020