OnePlus 8T EU (KB2003) variant with International ROM (KB05AA)! Is it authentic! via OnePlus 8T

1. Enam Khan
    Eclair May 17, 2021

Enam Khan , via OnePlus 8T , May 17, 2021 :
    Hello!

I've purchased my 8T in 12th May 2021. It was fully intact. I've chatted with one plus officials before purchase. Gave them IMEI number of my device and they confirmed me that my device isn't activated yet and its totally brand new. Later on, i bought it and activated the device in between GMT 21:15 to 21:45. And then chat with them again. This time they told me my device was activated at 12th May 2021 at GMT 21:25. So i found the activation time absolutely matched with my time. But later on i've noticed my device is an EU(KB2003) variant. But my device OS ROM is KB05AA which is an international ROM! But it should be KB05BA which is an EU ROM!

My question is how's that even possible! Cause my device is an EU variant. They also told me that the device isn't activated before. So is that ROM came by default or someone installed it after purchase! If someone installed it then why did OnePlus officials told me that my device isn't activated yet!

*Picture attached. Thank you.
    1621267067015.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 17, 2021

Bobbie63 , May 17, 2021 :
    Did you purchase it through OnePlus? Also I’m not sure what the firmware the UK versions have, maybe that is the case.

3. McJader
    Marshmallow May 17, 2021

McJader , May 17, 2021 :
    AA is the American ROM, BA is the EU ROM.
    There is no international ROM, per se.

4. Enam Khan
    Eclair May 17, 2021

No i didn't purchased it through OnePlus. But the packaging was fully intact. And the device wasn't even activated. That's why i am confused. UK version have KB05BA. Please read my post again. It's confusing actually. 😑

McJader and Bobbie63 like this.
  5. Enam Khan
    Eclair May 17, 2021

Yes. You are right. But as per my device configuration it should be BA right! But here it is showing AA! I am confused! 😕

Bobbie63 and McJader like this.
  6. McJader
    Marshmallow May 17, 2021

McJader , May 17, 2021 :
    Hmm, on the box does it say it's the KB2003 version?

Aaron2017, Enam Khan and Bobbie63 like this.
  7. Enam Khan
    Eclair May 17, 2021

On the box and also in the device about phone. The thing is if it was flashed by third party seller then phone might already be activated before i purchase (I might be wrong). But here in my case it wasn't activated! Officials told me my phone not activated yet. Then what's going on here! 😑
    **I've all the screenshots.

8. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 17, 2021

I was just wondering if the UK still get the EU firmware since brexit that’s why I asked.
    I’m even start to wonder what makes a device KB2003 or KB2005 or whatever, is it the hardware?

McJader and Aaron2017 like this.
  9. Enam Khan
    Eclair May 17, 2021

If i am not wrong its not the hardware. Its all about the ROM only. But therefore i don't understand how an EU variant have American version of Oxygen OS! 🧐🤔

Last edited: May 18, 2021

Bobbie63 likes this.
  10. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 17, 2021

That’s what I now ask myself, is it the ROM, what I mean for instance the OP9 has different hardware than the EU (like OP9 is single sim), the ROM is identified by the build number so my best guess would be the hardware is identified by the model number. (Not sure though)

still it’s a kinda weird. I have seen some differences in the Netherlands also tbh some time ago that I noticed different build numbers, not sure though if I can find it. I’ll need to check.

11. Enam Khan
    Eclair May 17, 2021

I am confused yet! 😑

Bobbie63 likes this.
  12. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 17, 2021

Enam Khan likes this.
  13. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 17, 2021

Enam Khan likes this.
  14. Enam Khan
    Eclair May 17, 2021

Bobbie63 likes this.
  15. Alejandro Manuel
    Cupcake May 18, 2021

Alejandro Manuel , May 18, 2021 :
    I also have the same issue, I recently bought my 8T from Amazon (seller SyataDishmaya), is an EU version (KB2003) and has installed an internationall ROM (KB05AA). The box was fully intact as it was brand new, but when I started the phone to set it up, it directly initialized into the home screen skipping the whole set up, it just blew me away.

Enam Khan likes this.
  16. McJader
    Marshmallow May 18, 2021

McJader , May 18, 2021 :
    That's weird, it means the device was indeed opened before you got it.
    Repackaging is easy.

Enam Khan likes this.
  17. Enam Khan , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , May 18, 2021 :
    In my case, that's not happened. I chatted with OP officials before even unboxed my device to check the activation status and they told me its not activated before and totally brand new. A moment's later first time i unboxed and turned on my device. It took me to the setup screen and took 3-5 minutes to setup the whole device for the first time. Then i chatted with them again and ask them to check the activation time now. They told me the exact time when i first time turned on my device. It's matched. I've all the screenshots.

Anyway what i've found that in some EU variant OP do install the North American (NA) ROM due to availability of manual equaliser and some other features. Cause in European law you can't use manual equaliser in your device. In case of UK devices this law follow strictly. So OP does install NA ROM in some of their EU variant. It's because people can enjoy the manual equaliser. Besides, EU ROM also have some advantages over IN ROM and even sometimes over the NA ROM also in terms of bloatware and cleanliness. But actually EU ROM & NA ROM have not that much differences. Basically in 8T you can easily install NA/EU ROM over one another. It's just a level of satisfaction. That's it.

I might be not fully correct about what i told above. You guys should dig more if you have interest and want to know about this issue. If you get more authentic information share with us please. Thanks.

McJader likes this.
  18. OnePlus_8t
    Jelly Bean May 19, 2021

OnePlus_8t , via OnePlus 8T , May 19, 2021 :
    the modem frequencies

Enam Khan likes this.
  19. G_Ramin_Gulamzade_Gdlv , via OnePlus 8T , May 29, 2021 :
    I ve updated my 8t recently, kb05aa is NA version like you said but why My phone downloaded some chinese apps too ?

20. Nix_Esteves
    Froyo May 30, 2021

Nix_Esteves , via OnePlus 8T , May 30, 2021 :
    AA is an international rom.
    You should be in ****BA build
    I think your device was factory flashed to global it's the same like mine. I have KB2000 with AA International firmware out of the box.