OnePlus 8T....in 2021?

1. Gino Guillermo
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2021

Gino Guillermo , Oct 27, 2021 :
    Hello All.

I have decided to sell my Nord CE 5G as it is a bit tall and too slim for my hands. Instead I want to concentrate on getting the 8T again. But...

I noticed some "discrepancy" on the updates between the EU & North America. The numbers are different. Why is that? And I can't seem to find the past updates and its changelogs on the UK website.

Using the 8T earlier this year for 3 months i never had any Oxygen OS updates and i received only one security update. The cameras were also an issue as there was poor white balance, unnatural/artificial-looking colours, HDR, low light, etc. Reading from a Google Search results there seem to be not much enhancements and improvements on this front. Or I could wrong?

Can the 8T in theory be compatible with Realme's own Superdart 65w fast charger?

Would a Nord 2 5G be a better option if we are talking about front & rear cameras (quality via optimisations), everyday performance and battery life the very least?

Seeing my threads have been closed this would probably be my last thread for now as I try and seek out my next OnePlus device. Cheers.

2. Max.Mar
    Jelly Bean Oct 27, 2021

Max.Mar , Oct 27, 2021 :
    Check out some Realme phones they are essentially the same or better than OnePlus phones..and are better priced.

G_plusone likes this.
  3. psygarden
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Gino Guillermo likes this.
  4. BetaBot
    Jelly Bean Oct 28, 2021

Gino Guillermo likes this.
  5. B_Wrath
    Junior Moderator Junior Moderator Oct 28, 2021

B_Wrath , Oct 28, 2021 :
    Time and again you have been told to continue discussions in one thread. You old thread is still open. You could have discussed there.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/nord-ce-5g-buyer-asks.1510545/

Also, all the information you seek is available in the internet and is just a search away.

Please respect the forum rules and abide by them.

G_plusone and Caomhin like this.
  6. [email protected]@
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2021

7. Gino Guillermo
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2021

Gino Guillermo , Oct 28, 2021 :
    Respect where respect is due as they say. All but one of my threads have been closed and "merged" with my previous one. Guess what? No one has replied to that same thread.
    Hence I have started a final thread about a phone that I have some queries about. Yes, there's Google and Yes there's the forums here to search for answers but I still feel I want to connect with users in here and get a more "personal" response.
    With all due respect you moderators and administrators need to chill out a bit to be honest. Be a bit more considerate and flexible. There are reasons why people start threads here. And it is not what you have mentioned.
    I will highly appreciate if my latest thread can be kept open so I can continue to contribute to OnePlus's community because i like (and occasional hate them as well) OnePlus phones. Many Thanks.

8. Gino Guillermo
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2021

I had a Realme 7 Pro and a fall from my pocket destroyed it and stopped working. And I do not like their Realme UI anyway. And their phones are neither splashproof or have a basic IP5x rating.

9. Gino Guillermo
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2021

Samsung phones don't currently appeal to me. Their fingerprint sensors are crap, selfie cameras are not great and their One UI is so slow compared to Oxygen OS and MIUI.

10. Xcommunicad0
    Lollipop Oct 29, 2021

Xcommunicad0 , Oct 29, 2021 :
    Oh man, you are just playing or fooling around :(
    Anyone replying, don't bother please (just check his last few threads and you will understand.

Caomhin and Max.Mar like this.
  11. Gino Guillermo
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2021

Gino Guillermo , Oct 31, 2021 :
    I dare you give us evidence as to why I am "fooling around"?

And telling contributors to avoid replying is frankly against the rules.

You do realize people have different needs and reasons for coming in here. And one of them is not to fool around. If you based your accusations purely on how i reply then you are completely wrong. I contribute to this OnePlus Community buy telling you as it is and on my own experience or my watching countless reviews.

I fear this final thread might go the way of my previous threads because someone is either ignorant or jealous or too rigid. Stand down and let us continue discussing please. Cheers.

12. Gino Guillermo
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2021

Gino Guillermo , Oct 31, 2021 :
    I have decided on getting a OnePlus 8T again. I must admit I do miss the phone. And hearing of new updates made me confident again of owning it.
    I just wish the latest Oxygen OS (11.0.11.11 i think) have fixed some known camera issues and general performance enhancements.
    A good choice?

13. Xcommunicad0
    Lollipop Nov 1, 2021

Xcommunicad0 , Nov 1, 2021 :
    Sure, here you go. up until 25-Oct-2021, you were following up in below thread where you wanted to buy NORD CE 5G
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/nord-ce-5g-buyer-asks.1510545/#post-23767648

AND now here in this thread which you created on 27-Oct-2021 you have decided to sell NORD CE 5G.

Anyway, all the best, am done!

14. Gino Guillermo
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2021

Gino Guillermo , Nov 1, 2021 :
    Please read my replies again on why i wrote what i wrote.

If not then I'm glad you are done so we can get on with exchanging ideas and helping each other out and getting the best of what we know about OnePlus and phones.

Cheers.