Oneplus 8T inbuilt app locker fingerprint is not working via OnePlus 8T

1. N1602519565612
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2021

N1602519565612 , via OnePlus 8T , Aug 2, 2021 :
    For me, this issue started yesterday. Even after deleting and adding new fingerprint, it will work for sometime then again after few minutes the same issue arises. Even restarting also didn't help. Came to know that few others are also facing this same issue. Please fix this bug ASAP.

Anyone else facing this issue?

Jimuel Raga likes this.
  2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 2, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 2, 2021 :
    This involves a few additional steps to completely clear the Biometrics and set them up again, do all the steps and see if can help.

1. Clear all Screen Locks completely, Pin, Fingerprint, Pattern and Facelocks etc

2. Also do a search for Biometrics as per the image below, and if its available, Clear the Biometrics Service App info Cache and App info Storage as well.
    View attachment 1678525
    3. Restart the phone and set up the Fingerprint once more.

For additional info on Android Fingerprint issues, please check the website below.
    https://www.carlcare.com/global/tips-detail/fix-android-fingerpint-not-working

See if that helps.

puccellino and McJader like this.
  3. McJader
    Marshmallow Aug 2, 2021

McJader , Aug 2, 2021 :
    All of this and:
    clearing applocker cache and storage helps as well sometimes.

puccellino and Caomhin like this.
  4. N1602519565612
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2021

N1602519565612 , via OnePlus 8T , Aug 2, 2021 :
    I could not see any option like that in settings. Tried rebooting in safe mode, removed all fingerprint, face datae etc, and started over again. But still issue exists. Since app locker is inbuild utility app of oneplus, could not see any option to clear cache for that too....

puccellino likes this.
  5. puccellino
    Lollipop Aug 3, 2021

puccellino , Aug 3, 2021 :
    You can clear cache by
    • switching off,
    • Hold power and volume down button together
    • Put in security code if req
    • Choose best language for you
    • Follow instructions to wipe cache.
    • Then restart phone.
    If that or any of the other suggestions above don't work it may be a bug. If you look through the forum there are plenty of threads being opened in the Op 7 and 8 sections with this issue. I think it's best to log as a bug.

https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

Be sure to provide as much detailed information as possible to help developers fix the issue.

Gor.V likes this.
  6. puccellino
    Lollipop Aug 3, 2021

Madalinal,

If you feel your issues are similar to the opening poster here, then please follow the suggestions given here to fix your problem.

🙂

Gor.V, McJader and Caomhin like this.
  7. McJader
    Marshmallow Aug 3, 2021

McJader , Aug 3, 2021 :
    settings>apps and notifications>see all apps>three dots on top right>show system>search for 'applocker' and select it>storage and cache>clear storage and clear cache
    Has worked for some people, if it doesn't, then our friend @puccellino has already guided you about reporting the bug:)

puccellino and Caomhin like this.
  8. N1602519565612
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2021

N1602519565612 , via OnePlus 8T , Aug 3, 2021 :
    This also I tried yesterday.... it worked for few mins... then again the issue came up.... i treid clearing applocker cache too... nothing's working

puccellino likes this.
  9. puccellino
    Lollipop Aug 3, 2021

Then best log it as a bug and see if it's fixed in the next software update. The more people who raise the issue, the higher up the priority list it goes.

Gor.V, Caomhin, McJader and 1 other person like this.
  10. Z1608988995432
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2021 at 4:25 PM

Z1608988995432 , Sep 25, 2021 at 4:25 PM :
    Same problem happens with my OnePlus 8T even after restarting the phone problems didn't shortout. I don't know,why???
    OnePlus has to solve this type of problems.

11. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 25, 2021 at 11:44 PM

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 25, 2021 at 11:44 PM :
    If you don't see any improvement after trying the suggestions given. Please send Bug reports and give Feedback on the issues back to the OnePlus OOS developers. So that they can investigate them.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/