OnePlus 8T Launch Event AMA – Get your questions answered here!

1. Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  2. Shubham_Ag.
    Jelly Bean Oct 20, 2020

Shubham_Ag. , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Hello @Winkey W.
    With the Android 11, every one of us was expecting some new privacy features in the OOS11.
    I haven't seen any noticable changes wrt privacy in the OxygenOS. Could you shed some light in this regard as to how OOS have been optimised keeping the users privacy in mind?

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  3. mrcampos91 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Oct 20, 2020 :
    I'll stay tuned 👍 thanks for the answer and once again congratulations for the recent oneplus buds Z 👏👏✌️

4. Tiago117
    Froyo Oct 20, 2020

Tiago117 , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Wait, according to the spec sheet, there is a "Flicker sensor" on the phone. Where is it? Isn't it on the back camera module? Now I'm more confused. So the top element is a temperature sensor. But where is the flicker sensor?
    Thanks.

5. ClassicMain
    Gingerbread Oct 20, 2020

6. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 20, 2020

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Hi Swatiranjan,

Launch campaigns are usually the result of teams, rarely individuals. Teams put forward their ideas during a brainstorming phase, some ideas are discarded, others considered and then iterated.

This specific idea was initially put forward by the Indian team, but eventually ended up becoming a global endeavour.

7. Kanishkchoudhary
    Froyo Oct 20, 2020

Kanishkchoudhary , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 20, 2020 :
    My question to @Leo Lei

Congratulations on launching the new One plus buds Z
    I know that you have launched a very budget friendly buds with unbeatable quality but don't u think that time time you could actually added up "Active Noise Cancellation" coz it's actually something which people expect .Ik that you will say that this would add up to cost but I am pretty sure you could have worked on price and given Active Noise Cancellation because at this price range there are many out in market and by paying a few thousands there are buds in market with ANC which is tbh good or you could have given an option of Ambient Voice .Ambient Voice let's the user to listen to the outside world which makes it safe to ride and use by which the user can listen to what's going outside and there are lot of other perks to it .

It would be a lot more better if there was ANC function .I hope that this will soon be added in future and most awaited for the upcoming One Plus Watch !

8. SRD.
    Lollipop Oct 20, 2020

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Thanks a lot @dsmonteiro . I really like the idea very much.
    Just curious to know whose brain got it captured first then discussed with the team.

Of course such big platform needs a management nod after a lot of brain storming.

All my good wishes to the Indian team to put forward this idea.

Such kind of realisation is rare to find anywhere except OnePlus.
    Last Saturday was a good day, got an oppertunity to discuss something with Mr. Vikas Agrawal .

9. Joey Sun
    Product Manager Staff Member Oct 21, 2020

Stickied Post
    Joey Sun , Oct 21, 2020 :
    From the industry development perspective, increasingly complex functions and requirements for antennas in the 5G era have brought greater challenges to the utilization of the internal space of mobile phones. We need to adjust the design direction in time to meet long-term development needs.
    That's not two flashes. One of them is the Flicker-Detect Sensor, which can help remove light strobes during shooting. More importantly, it can work with the front light sensor to obtain more accurate ambient light information and make automatic brightness more accurate. For example, scenes with backlighting and mobile phones facing windows or lights.

10. Joey Sun

Stickied Post
    In addition to the top processing platform and other hardware that must be guaranteed, the most important thing we consider is the cooling system. In fact, it is difficult to say that the only one is necessary. Fast charging and top-of-the-line screens were determined very early, but the more powerful cooling system shows that our products hope to continue to bring users top performance.

11. Joey Sun

Stickied Post
    8T+ is a product that we provided for T-Mobile in the North American market. You can consult local operator policies for specific lock-in conditions. The official website will also provide a public version of the product.

12. Joey Sun

Stickied Post
    We hope the visual presentation is calm and textured. The back of the lunar silver is very neat and clean, without excessive gradation or impurities; while the Aquamarine Green has a ceramic enamel texture. In the future design, we will still consider different directions. Your observation is very detailed. We will also consider more attempts in the design of the camera cover.

13. Joey Sun

Stickied Post
    We hope to satisfy as many users as possible through the combination of different products. There is no technical threshold for the increase of wireless charging, but it has an impact on all aspects of the product as a whole. We have set a very high expectation for wired fast-charging, like battery capacity, body thickness and weight. Battery life is the most basic experience for users, and extremely fast charging is a good supplement to the battery life experience.

14. Joey Sun

Stickied Post
    We hope that the weight of the phone will not be too heavy, so we set a relatively low-weight target from the beginning of the project. It is difficult to say that which certain component makes us finally achieve the lightweight. In fact, in the course of the project, we have reviewed the light-weight target at each stage, and continue to challenge the design and even the materials of all components. Our structural design team has made great efforts for this. Not only the weight itself but also the distribution of weight.

15. Joey Sun

Stickied Post
    Our very important decision in the early stage of this project was the arrangement of the cameras. With the current development of 5G and the continuous increase of functions, the requirements for mobile phone stacking efficiency are higher, so in the long run, we need to choose a design route where stacking efficiency can be continuously guaranteed. The design of OnePlus is reflected in many aspects. If you can actually experience it by your hand, you should be able to feel our constant pursuit of details.

16. Joey Sun

Stickied Post
    My personal favourite is Warp Charge 65. Due to workplace requirement, I spend a lot of time on my mobile phone to attend meetings or process emails. The latest Warp Charge can better help me use the fragmented time to replenish the battery, so I don’t have battery anxiety. And the new adapter can be compatible with more PD charging devices, so I don’t need to carry a lot of chargers when I travel.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2020

17. Joey Sun

Stickied Post
    This set of charging solutions has been tested for many times before mass production, and the battery capacity after hundreds of complete charging and discharging is still higher than the standard. And OnePlus’s test standards are actually higher than the industry standards. There is no need to worry that Warp Charge 65 will accelerate the reduction of battery efficiency compared to the past. What matches the brand-new hardware is the adaptation of the software scheme. The software solution of new battery and charging system is redesigned. We still provide the function of charging optimization to reduce the pressure on the battery and further extend the battery life.