OnePlus 8T Launch Event AMA – Get your questions answered here!

1. Joey Sun
    Product Manager Staff Member Oct 21, 2020

Stickied Post
    Joey Sun , Oct 21, 2020 :
    The biggest challenge should be heat control and capacity control. We need to provide a balance between charging speed and temperature. In addition, the dual cells also have a certain impact on the density of the battery. In order to maintain the thickness of 8.4mm, the development team has made a great effort.

2. Joey Sun

Stickied Post
    We hear a lot of complaints about fingerprints and the love for the texture of high-gloss glass, so our industrial design team has brought us new surprises. Aquamarine Green creates a diffuse reflection on the diaphragm so that fingerprints on the glass surface are not too obvious under human eyes. There are many surprises waiting for you in our ID laboratory, so stay tuned!

3. Joey Sun

Stickied Post
    This matter is more complicated. We need to collect a lot of data and information to help us to judge. For example, the utilization rate of a function in previous models, the effect of this function on the product's other expressiveness (thickness, weight, etc.), technical feasibility and mass production possibility, reliability, or cost and other resources Invest. It is also necessary to balance the needs of various regions for a certain function. It may be difficult for a product to satisfy all users. The process of making product decisions is to find a solution that satisfies as many users as possible from a combination of countless different choices.

4. ars03
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2020

ars03 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Thank you for answering @Joey Sun.

Indeed the Dash Charge and Warp charge technology have been great companions in our daily lives .
    Now with this 65W charger , I feel it is not only going to cut down the load of carrying power banks but also help us get through the day without stopping .

Great work !!

Joey Sun and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  5. narceoneplus2
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 21, 2020

narceoneplus2 , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Thank you so much for responding to my question. I appreciate your time and all that you do for us OnePlus users. Keep up the good work! I've been a supporter since day 1.

6. nerdkabir
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Oct 21, 2020

nerdkabir , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Thank you for noticing :). I love those small detailing in things. Happiness lies in tiny small things :). Looking forward to future products :). God bless.

7. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Community Expert Oct 21, 2020

TibiTibi , Oct 21, 2020 :
    @Jimmy Z.
    Are the data from B&W camera module used also in other scenarios then a dedicated filter e.g combined with other sensors to improve the final photo?

Helder_DAlmeida and SRD. like this.
  8. TibiTibi

Helder_DAlmeida and Tokolozi like this.
  9. Bain B.
    E-commerce Staff Member Oct 21, 2020

Stickied Post
    Bain B. , Oct 21, 2020 :

Hi MaddyC,

Amazon is one of our most important partener as we have coperated with each for so many years. During our hot sale seasons, we will enhence our cooperation from Traffic, Campaign and almost every sides.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2020

DarshanMeniya, asishgrwl and Dresa91 like this.
  10. ars03
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2020

ars03 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Hey @Bain B.

So the ecommerce sector being a crucial part for the success of any device does consist of alot of risks and uncertainties as well ,
    I'd like to know how do you keep up with the latest e-commerce trends and new technologies ?

Also, what are the current risks you've been facing maybe due to the Covid-19 situation , how have you mitigated these risks and yet once again delivered the OnePlus 8T in the hands of the customers without any delays ?

11. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Oct 21, 2020

Tokolozi , Oct 21, 2020 :
    What can we say for pixel owners then? Their price deduction was even larger in the span of 1year.... Or Samsung owners... Or even the new Iphone?

TibiTibi and SRD. like this.
  12. M1597829814810
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2020

M1597829814810 , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    I don't own a Google Samsung or any other phone, I bought oneplus for a reason which now I regret. Should have gone for Google Samsung atleast I wouldn't regret anything.

13. Tokolozi

[​IMG]

14. ClassicMain
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2020

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.

15. SRD., TibiTibi and Tokolozi like this.
  16. Tokolozi

The one the pixel uses is still the same 12MP used in almost all their earlier models... Yet the performance is much better than on almost any other device out there...

The hardware isn't as important as the software if we're talking about mobile photography. Rather optimize this one "older" sensor.

17. Plenkske
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Oct 21, 2020

Tokolozi, Dresa91 and SRD. like this.
  18. TibiTibi

TibiTibi , Oct 21, 2020 :
    This is so true 👍

19. Tokolozi

You can have the best sensor in the world... If there's no software to back it up, the pictures will still be crap.

20. Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Thank you for answer me @Joey Sun.! I will be tuned! Best wishes

SRD., Tokolozi and TibiTibi like this.