OnePlus 8T Launch Event AMA – Get your questions answered here!

1. DarshanMeniya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 14, 2020

DarshanMeniya , Oct 14, 2020 :
    My question to OnePlus Camera Department Manager @Jimmy Z. : How does ideas of adding a Video Potraits and Video Nightscape features in the OnePlus 8T comes in your mind and how does you overcome from this opportunity?

2. DarshanMeniya

My question to @Joey Sun (OnePlus 8T Product Manager) : Can you tell us if you get a chance to add more features in OnePlus 8T than what will you add on it?

TheGadgetGirl likes this.
  3. Vignesh_chandz
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2020

Vignesh_chandz , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 14, 2020 :
    @sun - OnePlus 8T Product Manager

With OnePlus always choosing the latest chipset, why has OnePlus decided to go with Snapdragon 865, rather than the SD 865 plus.
    During presentation I noted Gaming really took the centre presentation stage, but I am really something why OnePlus decided to go with 865 ?

TheGadgetGirl and Ignis_227 like this.
  4. Yash Pratap Singh. , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Oct 14, 2020 :
    Congratulations team , for the launch of another addition to the family!:):grinning:
    Here are my questions-
    1. @Joey Sun While the 7T had the best Snapdragon processor of the year, the 855+, why did the OnePlus 8T have the Snapdragon 865 instead of the Snapdragon 865+ ? Was it because you chose to focus on battery capacity this time?
    2. @Bain B. Instead of partnering with top delivery partners for shipping out products from the OnePlus Store, why don't you partner up with local city based e-commerce shipping partners. They ensure vast reach by region and ensure quicker delivery times in local areas as they have lesser clients?
    3. @Leon Z. Does the OnePlus 8T come with a USB C to Aux converter? If not, then why wasn't it included in the box, or will it be included in the pop-up bundle?
    @Jimmy Z. Why didn't the team use an Oreo camera setup for the phone, with 4 cameras forming a circle and a flash in the center. The rectangular camera module seems derived and not eye catching, why did the team leave the Oreo setup after the 7T?
    5. @Leo Lei What are the main points of difference between the OnePlus Buds Z and the OnePlus Buds, what would you go for if you had to choose between the two?
    @Joey Sun Why doesn't the OnePlus 8T have wireless charging. If it was implemented in the OnePlus 8 it was meant to be implemented in the 8T also. Why did you leave this feature? Will we see this feature in the upcoming OnePlus phones?

And finally the question which is in everyone's mind-

7. @Pete Why did @carl pei leave OnePlus just before the launch?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020 at 3:54 PM

W1600929784413 and Ignis_227 like this.
  5. d0m_k
    Eclair Oct 14, 2020

d0m_k , Oct 14, 2020 :
    @Leo Lei How many ears had to be scanned to design shape of Oneplus Buds Z? I can't imagine how the shape is created to fit thousands types of human ears.

6. DarshanMeniya

7. Vignesh_chandz
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2020

9. gautamthapar
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2020

TheGadgetGirl, djdeathboy and neilj_ like this.
  10. G_reekesh_sahani_qZmV
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2020

11. Vignesh_chandz
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2020

@Leo Lei

OnePlus buds Z 's price is impressive considering its performace. My question to you is how does OnePlus Z series cuts cost and produce a better version of an audio experience. Don't you think it undercuts the actual OnePlus buds ?

12. DarshanMeniya

13. yunus_h
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2020

14. Vignesh_chandz
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2020

@Winkey W. - OnePlus 8T OS Product Manager

Hello !
    First of congratulations for OnePlus 8t to be the first phone in world to ship with Oxygen OS 11 apart from Google products.

My question to you is, when building Oxygen OS 11 based on screen real estate and ease of use, I am pretty sure the software team should build from scratch. When building from scratch, do you think the core Oxygen features of stock Android should be compromised for the community ?

TheGadgetGirl likes this.
  15. ars03
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2020

ars03 , Oct 14, 2020 :
    Heyy @Leo Lei.

Q) Why haven't you incorporated active noise cancellation with the OnePlus Buds Z ?

Q) With the OnePlus Buds Z why is it that the case had to be changed ?
    The earlier case was much more compact ..

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020 at 9:42 AM

16. DarshanMeniya

My question to @Bain B. (OnePlus Ecommerce Team) : Launching a phone and delivering it to customers is main task, how did you manage to starting to delivering OnePlus 8T just after launch of 2 days in this current difficult situation?

17. ars03
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2020

ars03 , Oct 14, 2020 :
    Heyy
    @Jimmy Z. First of all that's some great work done there with the OnePlus 8T

My questions for you are-

Q) How have you managed to keep the Camera bump thin as always while increasing the number of lens you've put into it ?

Q) Why wasn't the Dual Front facing camera kept on the OnePlus 8T as well ?

Q) What were the practical difficulties in curating this flagship ?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020 at 9:42 AM

18. shashank_
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2020

19. ars03
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2020

ars03 , Oct 14, 2020 :
    Heyy @Joey Sun.
    You've done some great work with OnePlus 8T
    Congratulations on the good work
    Highly appreciate your work

My Questions for you are -

Q) How could you manage to cut down on the thickness even more despite so much being added to the flagship OnePlus 8T?

Q) How was it possible to keep the pricing of the OnePlus 8T within a reasonable and rather a good range while you've been adding so many new features in this device ?

Q) Why haven't you kept the Darker shades of the device that were previously seen on the earlier OnePlus devices ? and only stuck with the Lunar Silver and Aquamarine colour ?
    Is it a hint for some limited edition OnePlus 8T colours in the upcoming days?

Q) Having made some subtle changes to the OnePlus 8T from the OnePlus 8 devices what are your favourite features on this device?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020 at 9:43 AM

20. Lemillion
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2020