OnePlus 8T Preinstalled screen protector via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver

1. DjRelmo , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Jan 9, 2021 :
    I switched from a OnePlus 6T (OP6T) to a OnePlus 8T (OP8T) in mid December. The flat display design and the 65W warp charge were the key features that sold me.

Having used the phone for almost a month I noticed something odd with the preinstalled screen protector, it's gathered a huge amount of micro scratches.

Now, don't get me wrong, this IS to be expected given that it's a plastic screen protector, what is odd to me is that the screen protector on the OP6T took about 7-8 months to get this bad.

I understand that these parts are not meant to be long lasting but the gap in durability between the one on the OP6T and the OP8T is too wide to ignore.

I'm interested to know if anyone else noticed this and to know what are your recommendations for lightweight durable screen protectors.

Thank you.

2. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2021

Arjun_Choudhry , Jan 9, 2021 :
    Rhinoshield is pretty great, else you could take a look at gadgetshieldz

3. DjRelmo , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Jan 9, 2021 :
    Thank you for response, rhinoshield does look amazing, I think I'll go for them.

Arjun_Choudhry likes this.

DjRelmo and Arjun_Choudhry like this.
  5. dteubal
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2021

DjRelmo likes this.
  6. nats456
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2021

nats456 , Jan 23, 2021 :
    I called One Plus and asked if their is a pre installed screen protector on the 8T. OnePlus' reply was that there is a preinstalled film, not tempered glass pre-installed on the phone. (Hence the micro scratches someone else posted about) I have the same micro scratches on mine as well. OnePlus said if you want tempered glass, you must remove the pre installed film first.

puccellino and DjRelmo like this.
  7. puccellino
    Lollipop Jan 24, 2021

puccellino , Jan 24, 2021 :
    Yes, i agree, the quality of the protection products is not as it used to be. The same for the clear case they give, was much better quality previously.

However both the screen protector and clear backshield are temporary solutions and need to be replaced shortly after buying.

You might find this of interest.

ayemei and DjRelmo like this.
  8. Navdeep_Malik
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2021

DjRelmo likes this.
  9. DjRelmo , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Jan 24, 2021 :
    Thank you so much for this link. It settles what I always thought, tempered glass protector don't do a great job of protecting your screen.

puccellino likes this.

Navdeep_Malik likes this.
  11. L1608624861804
    Donut Jan 28, 2021

L1608624861804 , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 28, 2021 :
    I have after some months no scratches at all. Just some little dents from accidentally dropping sth on the screen :D
    (Which is good because that way the screen protector dampens the drop impulse over a wider screen area so that its less likely to crack)

12. Deva200
    Froyo Jan 30, 2021

Deva200 , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 30, 2021 :
    I have minor scratches even after a weeks use...have to install a tempered glass next..but don't know about, how fast indisplay fingerprint sensor will work with that?

I1586608725989 likes this.
  15. DjRelmo , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Jan 30, 2021 :
    From what I gather it doesn't seem to have a substantial impact the fingerprint sensor performance.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021

DjRelmo likes this.