Network/Connectivity OnePlus 8T randomly losing signal/network/4g/5g

1. T1612294645636
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2021

T1612294645636 , Mar 26, 2021 :
    Hi, and how exactly do you figure out that, which Band is problematic? I tried your solution (excluding CDMA Band 1 (2100 MHz)) and it looked like I got some improvement at start but later the same problem occurred over and over again. Do you need to make some adjustments on this "NetMonster" app or did you just monitor on which band is your phone in the moment when problems started? Thank you in advance for your answer.

2. HofaTheRipper
    Donut Mar 28, 2021

HofaTheRipper , Mar 28, 2021 :
    I used this only to monitor.

Kuglitsch likes this.
  3. Zwu
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2021

Zwu , Apr 4, 2021 :
    i am getting the same issues with Yesss/A1. signal is dead at the airport(VIE) where i work.
    8T

4. ataplata
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2021

ataplata , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Well, one more user from Slovenia with the same problem (HoT network), it seems I'll just return the phone rather than wait for non-existing support, judging from the other comments.

5. boko34
    Froyo Apr 6, 2021

boko34 , Apr 6, 2021 :
    Hi,
    02.04. recived brand new Oneplus 8t (I returned previous one) and guess what... It's even worse. Now I still have the dropping signal bug and the new one - UI crash. The phone is unusable and I'm returning it.
    The same SIM it's working fine with Huawei P30 and Samsung S20 (it was used meanwile I was waiting for the phone).

First and last time with Oneplus brand.

6. ataplata
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2021

ataplata , Apr 6, 2021 :
    I'm gonna go pick up a new SIM card today, to eliminate the possibility of the issue being with that.
    - Another thing I've been witnessing: I can only get 2G or 4G reception, I haven't seen 3G at all. I noticed this yesterday afternoon, and I've had Opensignal active for the whole day today, 80% LTE and 20% 2G, no 3G ...
    - Yesterday evening I changed the SIM from slot 1 to slot 2, no issues so far, but I doubt that fixes it.

I bought the phone via ********** (EU warehouse and KB2003 version) and they want me to send them a video of the issues to agree on returning the phone.

7. kamal.kv
    Honeycomb Apr 9, 2021

8. DIDTU
    Eclair Apr 10, 2021

DIDTU , via OnePlus Nord , Apr 10, 2021 :
    - Go to play store
    - Disable auto update
    - uninstall updates from Android System WebView said:
    Try below steps for uninstalling Android System WebView updates,
    Launch the Google Play Store and go to My apps & games
    Open the “Installed” drawer and tap Android System WebView
    Tap Uninstall
    Confirm “Uninstall”
    Reboot device
    If above steps dint work, try below steps,
    Open system settings in your mobile > Apps & notifications > See all apps > Android System WebView > tap the three-dot overflow menu in the top-right corner > Uninstall updates > OK.
    Reboot your device

9. ataplata
    Cupcake Apr 11, 2021

ataplata , Apr 11, 2021 :
    Don't wanna jinx it, but since I changed the SIM card, it's been working just fine for some reason. So I hope the issue really was just the SIM.

10. blackball83
    Cupcake Apr 11, 2021

blackball83 , Apr 11, 2021 :
    I have the same issue with my 8T since I got it 3 month ago: Randomly not recieving calls but the sign said I have network connection. Outgoing calls: no ringing signal.
    Only restart helps. Never had Problems with the old OnePlus phone
    Provider: A1 in Austria
    If OnePlus doesn't resolve the bug soon I have to change the Phone.

11. eastbay
    Lollipop Apr 11, 2021

eastbay , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Apr 11, 2021 :
    Connectivity can be a pain. It can start At the tower's out your structure to the phone uplung modem router clear clear cache in phone update to latest series. Reset phone plus modem router. Try again.

12. joschi2804
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2021

joschi2804 , Apr 13, 2021 :
    I also have the same problem. My network connection randomly looses the connection (no calls, no internet). I am also from Austria and my provider is A1.
    I already did all suggestions (new sim card, network reset, hard reset) from the OnePlus and from A1 support but nothing helps.
    I also did a ping test (ping is executed every 20seconds) where you can see that the connection drops frequently.

The phone is currently not usable. OnePlus should finally fix that.
    received_442653716796435.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021

13. vikarshaikh18
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2021

14. T1612294645636
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2021

T1612294645636 , Apr 14, 2021 :
    Here is what I tried and after almost 3 weeks of testing I can say that the "solution" worked for me, even though it's not ideal. In my case I noticed that a network drop occurs mostly when someone tries to call me or when I try to call someone. When one of these two operations is trying to be performed, phone automatically switches from 4G to 3G signal (at least that is the case in Slovenia where I live) and I got a feeling that every now and then, phone freezes for some reason. Sometimes it works fine for 4 or 5 days and sometimes it needs to be restarted 4 or 5 times in 2 hours, because only way to make it usable again, is to restart it. I also have a feeling that it depends on the location. For example, more than 3 weeks ago, when I was in Ljubljana the problems were severe. As I said, I restarted the phone 4 times in only 2 hours and ironically you would expect the best signal in capital city of one country.

So I started thinking what if I "help" my phone in order so that it does not need to switch from 4G to 3G on the same network, since I assumed that is the main problem in my case. I then bought another SIM card (prepaid SIM card) in order to use it ONLY for mobile network and the old SIM card (on which there is also my old phone number) is used only for SMS and calls. In that way I avoided a situation when phone needs to switch from 4G to 3G on the same network.

First I thought that it was I silly idea, but since I tried every idea I found on this forum, I said myself "why not try it". I am using my phone with 2 SIM card for almost 3 weeks now and I did not have a network drop down. All the calls that I wanted to make were made and all that tried to reach me in these 3 weeks got me with no problem. 4G that is used for mobile network (the new SIM card) also works just fine, so I can say that in someway I found a "solution" for my problem, even though it's not ideal. Because in long term I need 2 SIM cards permanently, so the costs are higher etc. Atfer I burn all the GB on these new SIM card I will switch back to old mode (with only one SIM card...my primary one) so that I can asses if the problem comes back again. There is only 1 problem that I noticed yesterday. I stopped receiving SMS from only one phone number. He receives mine normally but when he sends me I don't receive it. But since I don't have any problem with other numbers (tried at least with 4 or 5 since yesterday) I assume that he has some kind of problem and not me.

For those that are from Slovenia and will maybe try a "solution" this solution. My primary SIM card is on HoT (A1 network) and the other SIM card used only for mobile data is from Telemach (prepaid SIM for only 1€ for 10 GB).

ataplata likes this.
  15. Zwu
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2021

Zwu , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 15, 2021 :
    seems to be a network issue with A1, as me (yesss) and my gf (bob) have the same issue on the 8T.

it's gotten better over the last week but its still dropping out here and there.