Network/Connectivity OnePlus 8T randomly losing signal/network/4g/5g

1. Mattthebat
    Gingerbread Apr 16, 2021

Mattthebat , Apr 16, 2021 :
    Anyone tried with the new update 11.0 8.12 KB05BA?

Im in Slovenia and I am stuck on 2g/3g for the past 4-5 months and it's getting annoying. A1 provider has not been responsive. OP neither on solving the issue.

2. SlovenianDevil
    Eclair Apr 16, 2021

SlovenianDevil , Apr 16, 2021 :
    Any updates on this? It's the same for me and I haven't noticed it in my 14 day period as I was at home on my wifi, now I can't do much on my phone, but I do have a very expensive paper weight.
    I'm on A1 (Hot) in Slovenia.

Now if the phone has been fubar for this long I'm wondering about couple of things.

Is it just 8t? Does it happen on 9 as well? If it doesn't I might just upgrade and send this brick back as part of their upgrade program.

Can you get a refund after 14 days, since the phone doesn't work as ...well a phone? How does oneplus respond to refund request? Will I have to kill a dragon or sacrifice a unicorn to get a refund or is it easy to get it?

Thank you for your feedback!

3. eastbay
    Lollipop Apr 16, 2021

eastbay , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Apr 16, 2021 :
    Have you ever called technical support phone. I mentioned that earlier. Most of the time they figure this out. Without a recall. It's under warranty, so call and let me know

4. SlovenianDevil
    Eclair Apr 16, 2021

Just did that, tech support gave me the usual steps of clear cache, contact service provider, stuff that I've done before contacting them. So now I'm waiting if they will replace my device or not.

eastbay likes this.
  5. eastbay
    Lollipop Apr 16, 2021

Did they ever say they wanted to work on it? Or your gonna get a replacement. Did they give a work order number. So when you call back. Or there using your name and number??

6. SlovenianDevil
    Eclair Apr 16, 2021

They just told me they will contact me on my email if they will replace my phone.

eastbay likes this.
  7. eastbay
    Lollipop Apr 16, 2021

If there not gonna work on it. You won't need a work order. But I would call alot. To keep them up to speed. And you want a replacement. You didn't pay for a green tint screen. Be adamant about it. This had been a problem with several 8ts . They know this . I don't think They have a fix. Just repcement!! Keep in touch I hope it's quick!! ✌🏻

8. SlovenianDevil
    Eclair Apr 16, 2021

SlovenianDevil , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 16, 2021 :
    Yea I agree for this price you want your phone to work. I do hope that replacement will fix the issue. I must say I regret not sending the phone back before 2 week period was out. While the phone is ok it just doesn't work as it should.

eastbay likes this.
  9. M1616864278708
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2021

10. MakroOne
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2021

MakroOne , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 20, 2021 :
    Same issue with A1 in Austria. Most of the time, it is loosing the connection when switching from 4G+ to 4G.

Already did all general troubleshooting steps and send them log files, but within the last two updates, nothing changed or got worse.

Next Update should be in May but the changelog of the current open beta describes nothing about connectivity...

Will wait for the next update, if the issue still persists, i'm forced to return the phone while it's under warranty...

joschi2804 likes this.
  11. SlovenianDevil
    Eclair Apr 23, 2021

SlovenianDevil , Apr 23, 2021 :
    This is reply from tech support:
    "Hi,

Thank you for contacting OnePlus Customer Support!

You have recently contacted us via chat support regarding the mobile data issue. We had a check with the team whether we can replace the device or not but since the device has crossed the return and replacement policy of 15 days from the date of delivery we will not be able replace or return.

If the issue is not resolved we can send the device for repair for free.

Please get back to us via chat/email/call support for further queries "

On the other hand I did fix the issue with 8T. I bought Samsung instead, I'm never buying OnePlus again, shit company.

They want the phone for repairs...to repair something that they haven't been able to fix since November. How will sending it back to repairs help? I did remind them that under EU laws if a fault has been discovered 6 months after the purchase it is considered that is was there when the phone was delivered, unless they can prove otherwise....which they can't since a lot of you have been having this problem for a lot longer than me.

joschi2804 and E1618917105879 like this.
  12. d1ne5h1
    Cupcake Apr 27, 2021

d1ne5h1 , Apr 27, 2021 :
    Hi all I just wanted to share my issues and how I fixed them.
    I would get that my 4g signal would to 1 bar and then it would get stuck with no signal.
    Issue seemed that it would not switch to Hsdpa or other networks like 3g/2g well.
    I put a new apn with the correct details (check your carrier) and now switches better. It seems the automatic APN from the sim can cause errors (it did in my case).
    Just posting in case it helps someone.
    This was a crucial thing and nearly had to return the 8T. So glad this fix worked (for me anyway).
    P.s I'm on EE uk

13. vikarshaikh18
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2021

14. d1ne5h1
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2021

d1ne5h1 , Apr 29, 2021 :
    Update. Still not working. Phone loses signal and need to restart the phone to get it to search for antenna. Phone is going back.

15. Zwu
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2021

Zwu , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 29, 2021 :
    yeah still having the issue. it seems it is not handling certain frequency bands correctly.

A1/Hot/Yesss in Austria for example

16. leotsch
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2021

leotsch , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 29, 2021 :
    Bought the Phone 2 Days ago , and having the same Issue. (Austria ,A1) Im gonna send the Phone back. I really liked it , but sadly it is unusable with this issue....

17. jefegu
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2021

jefegu , Apr 30, 2021 :
    Bought the phone this month and have the same issues, just passed the 15d since I bought it, so no return.
    Every time I loss signal it would not recover until restart.
    I tried the reset settings and nothing changed.

18. Pellc
    Cupcake May 1, 2021

Pellc , May 1, 2021 :
    Thanks for this! Can I trouble you for the APN settings you switched to please? I'm on EE and getting this issue very frequently. Tried almost everything, even flashing a brand new ROM so I'm starting to doubt it's the Oxygen software itself. This may help! Cheers

19. HunterSilent
    Cupcake May 5, 2021 at 9:12 AM

HunterSilent , May 5, 2021 at 9:12 AM :
    I have a network issue with my OnePlus 8T. Whenever I enter an area that doesn't have great signal, if my phone connects to 4G, I completely lose all signal and the phone will read "No Service" or "Emergency Calls Only". The best thing I can do is toggle Airplane mode or restart the phone to fix it. The issue does not occur if I set my phone to 2G/3G only. My phone will have signal absolutely everywhere, there isn't a spot that I know of that doesn't get reception. However, the moment I tap "Mobile Data", if the phone connects to 4G and the signal isn't 50% or better. My phone just loses all network on the spot and refuses to return unless I do the two things I listed above. I've been in contact with my service provider, tried swapping SIM slots and cards, reset my network, verified APN is properly setup. Just about everything by now. Does anybody know of a possible solution to this?

20. Oobatz
    Cupcake May 5, 2021 at 2:57 PM

Oobatz , May 5, 2021 at 2:57 PM :
    go to apn settings and add a new one with these settings - im assuming you are on ee.

EE apn Settings – Detailed information:
    Below is the exact information you need to enter, these are the fastest and most updated EE APN Settings in the UK, they should be entered exactly the way they appear, please don’t miss any dot or special sign

Name: EE internet 1
    APN: everywhere
    Proxy: Not Required
    Port: Not Required
    Username: eesecure
    Password: secure
    Server: Not Required
    MMSC: http://mms/

even though both are the same for some reason it works