OnePlus 8T randomly starts playing music

1. robert8340
    Donut Aug 27, 2021

robert8340 , Aug 27, 2021 :
    Is there anybody else that has this weird problem? My phone (almost) randomly starts playing some music. I don't have any music app opened and the is no song bar in the notification area as normally when something is playing. The only way to stop it is to start playing some other music which stopes the first one and then stoping that. I say it happens almost randomly as to me it seems that it is mostly triggered when I (not) gently put my phone on the table or it falls out of my hand.

A bit of rant: This is really embracing when it happens in public and my phone starts shouting out music. I also have the networking issue. I am terribly disappointed in OnePlus. I had the One and 5T which worked great. Now the 8T is probably my last one. It was nice while it lasted.

surenddar and puccellino like this.
  2. G_plusone
    Nougat Aug 27, 2021

G_plusone , Aug 27, 2021 :
    is it always the same same music? check if you have ali ex press in your phone?

3. BetaBot
    Jelly Bean Aug 27, 2021

4. DIVITH.C
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 28, 2021

DIVITH.C , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Aug 28, 2021 :
    Please check if you have screen gestures on. A simple mis-swipe can play/pause the music. Check your settings for gestures in lock screen settings, also your notifications might have music in drop down causing it to play. Hope this helps you with the issue.

5. puccellino
    Lollipop Aug 28, 2021

puccellino , Aug 28, 2021 :
    As mentioned above, is it always the same music? Could it be from an app? Try clearing all cache through the bios.

• Switch phone off
    • Hold vol down and power button at once
    • Add security code
    • Choose appropriate language
    • Choose wipe cache and follow instructions
    • Choose restart phone

6. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Community Expert Aug 28, 2021

7. robert8340
    Donut Sep 18, 2021

robert8340 , Sep 18, 2021 :
    It's not always the same music although it is music I normally listen to. Do you mean "**********" app? I did at that time. I removed it now but the problem still occurs.

TibiTibi likes this.
  8. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Community Expert Sep 18, 2021

TibiTibi , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Check this
    Screenshot_20210918-174534.jpg

Praty_28 likes this.
  9. robert8340
    Donut Sep 18, 2021

robert8340 , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Yes, I indeed had the Music Control gestures turned on. I turned it off. I shell report on this in a week or two to be sure it was the problem. Thanks.

Praty_28 and TibiTibi like this.
  10. psygarden
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Sep 19, 2021

11. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Community Expert Sep 19, 2021

TibiTibi , Sep 19, 2021 :
    I have disabled this gesture on my phone because the phone many times started to play music when i was putting the phone to my pocket or placing on a desk.

12. psygarden
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Sep 19, 2021

psygarden , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Sep 19, 2021 :
    I have this on since day 1 but the music never played randomly, both with AOD on and off.
    What music app do you use? I use Black Player EX.

TibiTibi likes this.
  13. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Community Expert Sep 19, 2021

TibiTibi , Sep 19, 2021 :
    The same issue was already on oneplus one.
    Story from a vacation:
    I've captured a photo in a historical church and putted the phone in my back pocket. There were some ambient church songs. After a while i have noticed that i also hear linkin park. I was surprised when some person asked me to stop playing music.

Last 3 years I use AIMP to play music.

psygarden and Praty_28 like this.