Oneplus 8T - Worst phone ever!

1. paragjaggi
    Cupcake May 14, 2021

paragjaggi , May 14, 2021 :
    Hi everyone,

I am sure it must be out there somewhere, but just wanted to re-write it over here that oneplus 8t is the worst oneplus phone ever or maybe overall the worst phone ever.

The main problem is the camera - seriously? You can get this type of camera for just 10k₹, why the hell would you pay 46k₹ for this useless camera setup? It does not take good pictures neither in the night view nor in extra wide mode.
    The selfie camera could very well be not there as you don't want to take any picture from it.

The camera loses its focus a second after you touch it to focus. What the helll?

Then you can't use google assistant when your phone is locked. Why is that? When you have given all the permissions to it, why does it keep on repeating your mobile data is turned off. I tried this on wifi and mobile data both.
    And the worst part it, it activates on its own. Not sure who commands it to get activated, what sound it recognises, but I am not the one who makes the noise, at all.

Then you stop getting notification sounds in between. Sometimes you get it, sometimes it won't make any sound. Why is that? I have missed so many important notifications due to it.

The call recording feature make sound when you start recording. Sheh! If I just wanted to show that person that I am recording the call, why would I even bother recording it? It's just useless.

And just recent bug I have seen, someone called me and my phone got stuck at the caller screen only. I am not able to pick up the phone, not able tl decline the phone, not able to go back. The only option was to restart the phone and lose whatever you were doing in the background.

The OS is so damn buggy, some of the apps don't even work properly.

At this point I am not even sure why I even bought this cell? But one thing is for sure. I am not going to buy it again.
    In this price range I could have bought any other premium phone with much better features.

Really frustrated by this crap of an OS.
    Any other bugs that you guys are facing? Please comment below.

Gor.V and Arun_R like this.
  2. BrahmareddyThumu
    Donut May 14, 2021

Gor.V likes this.
  3. Gor.V
    KitKat May 14, 2021

Gor.V , May 14, 2021 :
    Hey there. I understand and appreciate you speaking out. They have been working on camera. We can only wait to see when they will be perfect with it. In regards to the other issues you mentioned, please check for the solutions individually in the forum bas some of them are minor issues that can be resolved.

Xcommunicad0 likes this.
  4. Gor.V
    KitKat May 14, 2021

Xcommunicad0 likes this.
  5. Xcommunicad0
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 14, 2021

Xcommunicad0 , via OnePlus 8T , May 14, 2021 :
    Certainly agree with the Camera issue... just above average.

Unfortunately you are having multiple issues at the same time making the 8T totally unjustifiable but fortunately most of it can be resolved except the Call recording announcement until OnePlus replaces Google dialer with the OnePlus dialer.

6. banandhi
    Gingerbread May 14, 2021

banandhi , via OnePlus 8T , May 14, 2021 :
    Totally agreed, my friend bought a POCO X3 pro recently after exchanging his POCO X1, at the price of just 12K and that phone is snapping better pictures than my 8T

7. mwise
    Eclair May 16, 2021

mwise , May 16, 2021 :
    seriously? have you bought a powerful dual sim card phone which supports most of the LTE bands for making photos? I don't need any camera on my phone :)

8. mwise
    Eclair May 16, 2021

mwise , May 16, 2021 :
    I'd agree with the author of this topic, OnePlus doesn't know how to make good cameras. Their cameras are a piece of shit, especially software very primitive!

9. A.Saketh Gupta
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 16, 2021