OnePlus 9 12GB RAM + 256GB ROM via OnePlus 7T

1. xXAstroXx
    Gingerbread Mar 25, 2021

xXAstroXx , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 25, 2021 :
    I have been checking since the phone went up for preorder, but the OnePlus 9 12GB RAM+256GB ROM has never been available to preorder in the U.S.. In fact, it's not even listed, giving only the 8GB RAM+128GB ROM version as the sole option. What's going on with that. I can find anyone else asking this question not have found an answer in all the tech articles I've come across. Does anyone know if this Variant will even be available in the U.S.????

L0n3$tar likes this.
  2. tiemishuu101 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Are you asking about the 9? Or the 9 pro? Both have their own variance. The 9 having the 8gb ram+128 storage and the 9 pro having the 12gb ram +256 storage. There has been no mention from oneplus that future variance will be available. Just like certain colors are only available in certain regions.

McJader likes this.
  3. L0n3$tar
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

Attached Files:

4. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Mar 25, 2021

The1Lion , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Shows on the store app for NA...

Screenshot_20210325-174517.jpg

Edit: nevermind, you mean the 9 and not 9 Pro version. Yep, we only get the one option for some reason and have to jump in price over $300 if you want more ram/storage.

Spongo likes this.
  5. xXAstroXx
    Gingerbread Mar 25, 2021

xXAstroXx , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Exactly. If we 12GB + 256GB we'd have to go with the 9 Pro model. I think this is intentional honestly. I also wish they went with Verizon again this year, but looks like the OP8 5GUW was a one off thing.

6. xXAstroXx
    Gingerbread Apr 3, 2021

xXAstroXx , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Devices were released today. Are they screwing over the US? We are missing color and storage options for both the 9 and 9 Pro. It's like OP wants to cretae a big enough price gap to differentiate the two. I would love to buy the OP 9 Pro at under $1,000, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. Tech outlets have been reporting about this and we still have no answer. I think I'm just going to end up returning the 9 as well. It just feels so cheap and has it's fair share of bugs.

This was the most hyped dumpster fire I've even seen them pull off. I wish people would post in this thread as well if they have any intel to share, because it would definitely be great to get a conversation and movement going.....

Serbian Overlord likes this.
  7. Z1568085737225
    Eclair Apr 3, 2021

Z1568085737225 , Apr 3, 2021 :
    OnePlus for some reason is prioritizing India over US/Canada and the rest of the world outside of EU. I don't get it. US/Canada we are getting the inferior models and inferior support.

Where is our full OTA update for US/Canada?!?!?

8. AndroidManiac
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2021

AndroidManiac , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Canada is too small a population for the world to care about economically. Happened long b4 cell phones and will continue well into the future.

9. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Apr 8, 2021

Serbian Overlord , Apr 8, 2021 :
    I have a feeling OP will leave US market in the coming years. They've outpriced themselves out of the game and are now more expensive than Samsung. One thing that US market doesn't tolerate is bad (or in OP case, complete lack of) customer service and after sale support. You can't do that here. Also, other regions are OK with having contracts with small repair shops and third party sellers. US again doesn't do that. There isn't a single shop in US that you can walk in and have OP repaired, even if you pay for it, let alone warrantied.

For years their phones are hyped up to oblivion and end up in a dumpster fire. Their motto should stop being Never Settle and it should become "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain".

xXAstroXx likes this.
  10. Z1568085737225
    Eclair Apr 10, 2021

Z1568085737225 , Apr 10, 2021 :
    Normally when global companies sell, seems Canada are included in with USA. I've always said they only real difference between American and Canadian is that they think they are different.

11. Z1568085737225
    Eclair Apr 10, 2021

Z1568085737225 , Apr 10, 2021 :
    It's interesting OP is seen as a good value in other countries, where OP tries to play that card. But in US, it's baffling cause they are inferior phones to the competition yet they are pricing them either at or above. It makes no sense. Whoever is in charge of sales and marketing for US/NA market is delusional if they think the OP9 is on same level with S21 or iPhone 12 or OP9 Pro is on level with their counterparts. Absolutely deranged if they think that. While the may have improved on "colors" which is questionable since you can take 10 pictures with 10 different color profiles on a OP9, they still haven't gotten the other basics done right on par with the competition. Hell they aren't even providing similar quality. S21 definitely has a higher quality feel and well the iPhone 12 is still metal frame with that Apple quality people expect of it. The OP9 feels and is cheaper than my previous OP 6T. That's shameful, considering I paid $300 more for the OP9 but I feel I got less.

Serbian Overlord likes this.