Oneplus 9 power button lag and restart via OnePlus 9

1. fenglaiyang
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2021

fenglaiyang , via OnePlus 9 , Apr 17, 2021 :
    I have the OnePlus 9, and after using it for almost a month now, it's already having some issues. I notice that sometimes theres dramatic lag time when I click the power button to turn my phone on. I would click it, and it would delay for 2 + seconds until it turns on for me to do the fingerprint scan or the pattern unlock. And this continues intermittently for maybe an hour or so until eventually, clicking the power button, holding the power button (as if I were to reset the phone) and tapping the black screen doesn't even turn the screen on, and it eventually completely restarts itself, as evidenced by the red and white animation showing on the screen during the rebooting/restarting process. This has happened on day 1 of getting the phone, but I thought it was just tryna get used to the apps and everything I had backed up and added from my previous phone. Is this happening with anybody else who has a oneplus 9 ? It gets really annoying because what if I have an emergency, and I need to get on my phone ASAP, and then it happens and my phone doesn't turn on for the next 5 minutes or so. Is this possibly a UI problem? Or is it possible it's just my device?

2. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 17, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Did your previous phone happen to be a other Oneplus (at Oxygen 10 perhaps)? A full transfer with settings and all? Know a other case. A Oneplus 5 to 9 Pro. The device acted similar with reboots and stuff.
    I suggested a fresh install. No Google recovery of apps during setup, no Oneplus Switch. Simply just copy over important files manually on factory reset device. And then just reinstall the app via Play Store. Don't know how it went for him yet.
    My 9 Pro acts very well and I never got those issues he described. And I always start fresh every time I upgrade.

Caoimhín likes this.

Caoimhín likes this.
  4. PriyankaHaridas
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2021

PriyankaHaridas , via OnePlus 9 , Apr 28, 2021 :
    Hi,
    I face the same issue with my OnePlus 9 as well. Infact once my phone went bizzare, I tried waking my phone, it did not wake up..the screen was black and I tried pressing the power button continuously, the flashlight suddenly came on and kept flashing on and off, this happened for 2-3 minutes. After which the phone came back to normal. Also there is almost always a 10-15 sec delay when I try waking my phone. And once the display is on, I am unable to lock it using the power button, I have to wait for the display to go back to sleep on its own.

5. PriyankaHaridas
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2021

PriyankaHaridas , via OnePlus 9 , Apr 28, 2021 :
    Hi,
    UPDATE: I "Reset App Preferences", wiped my phone cache and rebooted. Phone seems to work fine now. But my battery shows as faulty, in the OnePlus Care app after running a diagnosis. Why is that?
    1619584088403.jpg