Oneplus 9 Pro 5G issue via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. Sienek
    Cupcake Apr 19, 2021

Sienek , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Hello,

Do You have problem with 5G connection? Oneplus 9 Pro supports 5G frequency in Poland for Plus Carrier but I can't connect to 5G network. Is it the problem with device itself?

2. hbk1402
    Jelly Bean Apr 19, 2021

Caoimhín likes this.
  3. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 20, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 20, 2021 :
    Providing you have a 5G plan with your mobile network provider. Also ensure you have checked they can provision your phone on their Network.

Please try the following to see if you can enable 5G on your phone.

Thanks go to @ShreyasPatil_ for the following suggestion.

You can possibly enable 5G:
    1) Open Dialer App.
    2) Type *#*#4636#*#*
    3) Tap on Phone information
    4) Select NR/LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM/WCDMA.
    5) check if you can now use 5G.

ShreyasPatil_ likes this.
  4. Sienek
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2021

Sienek , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 20, 2021 :
    I have a 5G plan and I am in 5G zone of network provider. I have checked with network provider and Oneplus 9 Pro is not officially supported yet for 5G connection at their side. Does it mean that the device itself must be supported by network provider although the device technically supports band on which network provider provides 5G connection-TDD 2600 Mhz?

5. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 20, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 20, 2021 :
    Depends on the network provider. Some allow you hook on to their network one you have a 5G Plan with them no matter what phone. Some only allow the phones they sell themselves.

Others need to provision your phone. Sometimes the steps I mention may work if they already allow the phone on their network.

Otherwise you may have to contact your Network provider and ask them if they are charging you for a 5G plan, can they provision your phone onto their network.