[Submitted] OnePlus 9 Pro battery health = overheat constantly

1. abhishekcghosh
    Eclair Apr 2, 2021

abhishekcghosh , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Got my oneplus 9 pro (12gb/256gb) 2 days back and the battery health always says "overheat" no matter what. Even if the phone is idle, like I haven't used it at all all throughout the night, in the morning right away it says battery health is overheat. I tested on multiple apps like CPUZ and Ampere. Dialing *#*#4636#*#* does not show a battery health option. Battery temperature range is between 32 to 36 degree celcius. This happens in battery save mode also. Restarting or fully discharging and charging (battery calibration) does not help. What might be going wrong? Is the battery faulty, or is it some other issue?

2. Fr33noX
    Eclair Apr 2, 2021

Fr33noX , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Hi

Same here for me and on accu battery, I have only the half capacity of the battery

3. abhishekcghosh
    Eclair Apr 2, 2021

abhishekcghosh , Apr 2, 2021 :
    I have been using accu battery as well for last 24 hors approx. somehow it does not show anything in the battery health tab. how is it looking like for you?

Attached Files:

4. Fr33noX
    Eclair Apr 2, 2021

5. ChristophFuchs92
    Eclair Apr 3, 2021

ChristophFuchs92 , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Same for me.
    My brand new Oneplus 9 Pro device is showing overheat.
    Restart of the device doesn't help.

Attached Files:

6. Ghazala.Yasmeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Apr 3, 2021

Ghazala.Yasmeen , Apr 3, 2021 :
    For analyzing this better we would need few details. It'll be of great help if you could share the information for further analysis. We've responded to you via direct message. 

Regards,
    Ghazal

7. abhishekcghosh
    Eclair Apr 3, 2021

abhishekcghosh , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Thank you Ghazal, will look into the DMs.

abhishekcghosh likes this.

10. abhishekcghosh
    Eclair Apr 4, 2021

abhishekcghosh , Apr 4, 2021 :
    There's a mega thread on heating issues on the OP9pro here as well that you might wanna follow: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...heating-and-charging-feedback-thread.1412143/

Looks like a pretty large number of people are facing battery and overheating issues! I've shared my device logs with the team for debugging, trying to help with what little I can. Hopefully something comes out of it. 🤷‍♂️

Such an epic facepalm 🤦‍♂️ for a premium phone like this which costs almost $1000! I like almost everything else about this phone in the last 3-4 days I have been using it, but this one's really a deal-breaker for me.

What's the point of all the flashy Hasselblad camera marketing and stuff if your camera shuts down within a minute due to overheating? LOL. Seems like all marketing and little substance these days. This is just plain sad.

I'd been a OP customer right from when OP1 was launched. Thats close to a decade! OP1 was a bet I took, and it turned out great. Since then I've always stuck to OP for my primary phone because I was pretty happy with them - I had a OP1, a OP5 (also pretty great, still using it as my primary) and now was hoping to move to OP9pro. But the OP guys really did let down a loyal customer this time. You can imagine the disappointment. The relationship was good while it lasted, but I guess its time to move on 😅. Will consider a return if replacement is not possible.

addy_mufc likes this.
  11. Ghazala.Yasmeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Apr 4, 2021

Ghazala.Yasmeen , Apr 4, 2021 :
    We have made a note of this and our developer team is currently working on this. We will keep you posted regarding the further updates. We appreciate your support and patience in this regard.

Regards,
    Ghazala

abhishekcghosh likes this.
  12. G1597580206888
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2021

15. kamzee96
    Honeycomb Apr 9, 2021

Attached Files:

PriyankaJani and kamzee96 like this.
  17. arshadrushad
    Cupcake Apr 10, 2021

18. kamzee96
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2021

kamzee96 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 10, 2021 :
    Wow, what the hell was this 😂😂 it worked.
    Thanks for the suggestion ! 🙏

19. MakB
    Honeycomb Apr 11, 2021

20. kamzee96
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2021

Vaishnav Sheelam91 likes this.