OnePlus 9 Pro fingerprints getting auto deleted via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. akshaypune
    Donut Oct 1, 2021

akshaypune , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 1, 2021 :
    I have a OnePlus 9 Pro (12gb variant) with multiple users enabled. I am using the stock recovery and firmware. I have started facing an issue after the recent update that my fingerprints saved on both user accounts get auto deleted (one or even more fingerprint entries) once or even at times twice a day. It doesn't matter even if the fingerprint is present for both users, it still gets deleted. Is anyone else facing this issue? Could someone help me troubleshoot this?

PS: I had taken my phone to the service center, and they asked me to refresh the firmware. I had kept the phone there for an hour and they installed the fresh update, but still facing the same issue.

K1579444125338 likes this.
  2. rHITkM.
    Jelly Bean Oct 1, 2021

akshaypune, Aaron2017 and Caomhin like this.
  3. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Oct 1, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 1, 2021 :
    Clear all Screen Locks completely, Pin, Fingerprint, Pattern and Facelocks etc

Also do a search in Phone Settings for biometrics (Lower case) and if its available then Clear the Biometrics Service App info Cache and App info Storage as well.
    1633117362299.jpg
    Restart the phone and set up the Fingerprint once more.

For additional info on Android Fingerprint issues, please check the website below.
    https://www.carlcare.com/global/tips-detail/fix-android-fingerpint-not-working

See if that helps.

akshaypune and rHITkM. like this.
  4. akshaypune
    Donut Oct 2, 2021

rHITkM. likes this.
  5. akshaypune
    Donut Oct 2, 2021

akshaypune , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 2, 2021 :
    Thank you for these steps. I followed these steps and now I am waiting to see if the issue reoccurs. It hasn't occurred yet in the last 3 hours after I did the change. I will keep monitoring and keep you posted.

rHITkM. and Caomhin like this.
  6. akshaypune
    Donut Oct 2, 2021

After these many hours, both fingerprints from my secondary account got deleted. And one fingerprint out of the two on the main account got deleted. So unfortunately, this solution didn't work.

K1579444125338 and Caomhin like this.
  7. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Oct 2, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 2, 2021 :
    Is it possible another user of the phone is deleting the fingerprints?

If not and they are auto deleting, there may be a fundamental issue in Android OOS. It would be very hard to pin down the cause. And you may need to go to a OnePlus Approved Service centre again.

Or contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your Fingerprint issue. Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

8. akshaypune
    Donut Oct 2, 2021

I have two separate profiles to keep the work and personal user apps in different spaces. So I am the only user. And even the 2nd fingerprint on my main account got deleted now. I guess I will visit the service center again tomorrow.

Caomhin likes this.
  9. akshaypune
    Donut Oct 8, 2021

akshaypune , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 8, 2021 :
    There's no response from the support team even after providing them with the logs and screenshots they asked for. Not even an acknowledgment. This really has been a pathetic support experience and I really regret sticking up and even purchasing a product of this brand now.

Now for the issue at hand, anyone else got any better ideas?

Regards,
    Akshay.

10. K1579444125338
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2021

K1579444125338 , Dec 7, 2021 :
    I am also facing the same issue. Fingerprints added are auto deleted after some time. Am not sure if this happens once I login to the secondary profile. Not sure if it is due to keeping the same fingerprint name in both profiles. I tried renaming them different in one of the profile. Let me see if it still persists

11. akshaypune
    Donut Dec 7, 2021

akshaypune , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 7, 2021 :
    I haven't faced this issue yet in Oxygen OS 12 Open Beta. I faced this no matter what I tried in OOS 11. Only issue that I have now is after phone is restarted, I need to go into the security settings and disable and re-enable fingerprint to work for screen unlock which is still far better than readding the fingerprints twice or even thrice everyday.

K1579444125338 likes this.
  12. K1579444125338
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2021

K1579444125338 , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 7, 2021 :
    Thank you. How can I update my OS?

13. Vahea
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2021

Vahea , Dec 14, 2021 :
    Same issue on my OnePlus 8 pro - to the level that I want to bin OnePlus away.
    I miss Huawei much.