Oneplus 9 pro GREEN only 256gb uk

1. Thanatus.Nex
    Donut Mar 24, 2021

Thanatus.Nex , Mar 24, 2021 :
    Can't speak about importing to UK post brexit but have had stuff from American amazon to Ireland before, they tend to be decent with import fee guesswork imagine it would be similar importing process with amazon for the UK now.
    Also looks like amazon either made a mistake or might be first alocation stuff but was order now for delivery 27th earlier today and back to preorder dispatching 31st for the 9 pros now. But yea if Ireland then ordering from Amazon DE shouldn't be much fuss, only downside is no free wireless charger and a 2 pin plug instead of 3 pin. Both of which can be bought from oneplus store. Worth it to me for double the storage on the phone in my prefered colour.

2. CharlieDalley
    Eclair Mar 25, 2021

CharlieDalley , Mar 25, 2021 :
    I have done all the digging, by the sounds of it the final price at checkout is the maximum you'll pay - if the actual import fees are higher Amazon cover it, but if they're lower you get a refund of the difference!

Also yeah, it's basically a toss up of 2 options:
    - Settle for Green and get a UK plug and a free wireless charger for £929
    - Order the Black version from Amazon.de for £905 and buy the UK plug separately from OP, totalling £950 with a free EU plug (for holidays... when they become a thing).

I'll be honest, I am leaning more towards the former now I've had to stare at the green for a few days. Its a bit like cars - every other car you see is silver, so something different looks nice and stands out. Same goes for these phones - the green is "growing on me" because it's different. All a case of value for money I guess. I could also get the mirror finish, but it's probably going to live in a black cas hence the avoidance of green

If it gets to launch day and the Wireless Charger free offer disappears, at that point I'll just get the black one from Germany and get an EU charger for £20.

AstersJr likes this.
  3. AstersJr , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Just tried customer support again. When I asked about Black 12GB RAM and 256GB storage being available in the UK they said the following.

"Regarding the availability of device we are not having the exact date information but it will be available soon".

From one of their other messages it sounded like they'd had lots of feedback that had been passed onto relevant teams and that's why it's now coming..🤔

4. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Mar 25, 2021

The fraggle , Mar 25, 2021 :
    ..... Which since leaving the eu had become very very expensive and you should expect £100+ duty to be placed on it before you receive it and would have to pay the extra before getting your phone.

This would be a great way if really pissing of the people that wanted black or silver in the 12gb model who had to buy the lower level unit. I know I'll be pissed if I've spent £829 on the phone I didn't ideally want them they release it without warning the other buyers in advance.

5. tomsurfer
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

tomsurfer , Mar 25, 2021 :
    The John Lewis (UK) website has the 9 PRO displayed with the narrative

Launches 31st March, with an exclusive 4-day presale from 26th March.

the 128GB Silver and Black are not available to order yet but are NOT marked out of stock

the 256GB Green is not available to order yet and is marked OUT OF STOCK.

https://www.johnlewis.com/oneplus-9...2gb-ram-5g-sim-free-256gb-pine-green/p5518441

I have ordered the Black from OnePlus as a contingency, but will cancel my order if Green becomes available here or elsewhere with the offer..

Taz.Laskar and AstersJr like this.
  6. SavanK87
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

SavanK87 , Mar 25, 2021 :
    I'm glad to see there's others that feel the same way as I do. It's a shame OnePlus are dropping the ball in most markets. They seem to focus more on the Indian market by offering them the full range of options. Sort yourselves out OnePlus! There's also a market outside of India.

CharlieDalley likes this.
  7. MisterCat
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2021

MisterCat , Mar 25, 2021 :
    It is more than a little ironic that a company who's motto is Never Settle leaves UK customers in the situation where if they want 12GB RAM and 256 GB storage they have to settle for a green phone and if they want a black or silver phone they have to settle for 8GB RAM and 128 GB storage.

It would be nice if someone from OP could clarify if the full range of colours and specs is going to become available in the UK and if so when that is going to be???

Vanillas, artyeva, Taz.Laskar and 2 others like this.
  8. joejoethejoey
    Donut Mar 25, 2021

joejoethejoey , Mar 25, 2021 :
    Just checked the Three site and they are offering "BOTH" the wireless charger and buds free for pre order.

9. Taz.Laskar
    Gingerbread Mar 25, 2021

10. AstersJr , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 26, 2021 :
    For the Pro, I can only see the lower spec models on Three's site. Checked John Lewis too and they say 256GB (Green only) is out of stock.

Also seeing no free warp charger anywhere now - glitch? Stock issue? Or do you think that offer has ended?

11. artyeva
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2021

artyeva , Mar 26, 2021 :
    Like others above I can't understand how they've made such a mess of this. The 256GB version showing ''out of stock'' on the preorder but the chatbots tell me to sign up for alerts.... there is no such option on the UK website. And no one is able to tell me if this will *ever* be available to purchase on the UK site.... it kind of beggars belief, or do I just have unrealistic expectations, lol.

And ordering from John Lewis or Amazon - I mean the whole point of wanting to order direct from Oneplus' UK site is the freebie wireless charger. Why corale that offer to your own website if you don't allow people to actually avail of it?!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021

AstersJr likes this.
  12. joejoethejoey
    Donut Mar 26, 2021

joejoethejoey , Mar 26, 2021 :
    Was the 256gb version ever available today? It was supposed to be officially released today right?

13. AstersJr , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 26, 2021 :
    No I think it's 31st it's officially released in the UK

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021

14. G_Oliver_Henderson_WjlX
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2021

G_Oliver_Henderson_WjlX , Mar 26, 2021 :
    It was available for about 5 minutes then sold out again

AstersJr likes this.
  15. dinamoski
    Gingerbread Mar 26, 2021

dinamoski , Mar 26, 2021 :
    I don't wear green clothes, drive a green car. Why would I buy a green phone...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021

Vanillas likes this.
  16. dinamoski
    Gingerbread Mar 26, 2021

dinamoski , Mar 26, 2021 :
    I would have probably opted for the 256gb, but I'm not buying a green phone...

17. joejoethejoey
    Donut Mar 29, 2021

joejoethejoey , Mar 29, 2021 :
    Can't order anything now on the OnePlus website. Only shows pay balance option.

What a complete mess. Never seen a launch this bad. Even the previous invite only methods back in the days were more straightforward.

Maybe a blessing in disguise, no way am I getting a green phone. Will be checking out the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra revealed tomorrow. Camera would blow this fake Hasselblad out of the water.

18. joejoethejoey
    Donut Mar 29, 2021

19. Loveit
    KitKat Mar 29, 2021

20. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2021

The fraggle , Mar 29, 2021 :
    This is exactly my feeling. I talked the 12gb model but really dislike the baby poo green colour.