OnePlus 9 Pro issues with stutter, motion graphics smoothing

1. prashanthravi.r
    Froyo Apr 2, 2021

prashanthravi.r , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Hey OnePlus

Recently got my new Op9 pro and loving it so far

Got a few issues though and not sure if it's just me.

1. Motion Graphics smoothing
    When this turns on while we switch to full screen on any video on YouTube for example, the whites turn into a tinge of pink. I only observed this with YouTube and not sure if other apps have this issue.

2. YouTube also feels quite stuttery, the interface is not as smooth as other apps like instagram. It's not major. But quite obvious. As soon as I open YouTube scrolling though the videos/comments are stuttery and even swiping down the notification bar and swiping through the quick settings feels stuttery.

3. Please look into the standby battery life. There is battery drain when I leave my phone overnight.

4. Unable to post a thread/comment in community using the community app. It just says publishing. Im using Chrome to post this.

G_Rocko_Bauer_ggQE likes this.
  2. Dennisss94
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2021

Dennisss94 , Apr 5, 2021 :
    I can relate to the youtube issue. At my 9 pro it shows youtube at 60fps, while most apps run at 120. Very strange.

3. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 5, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 5, 2021 :
    YouTube is set to display videos at a max 60fps, or 60hz. This is a YouTube limitation currently.

the_o2 likes this.
  4. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 5, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 5, 2021 :
    A new update 11.2.3.3 has just been released to fix some of the issues you mentuon. Once downloaded, let the phone go through 1 or 2 full charging cycles and see if it can improve the issues you experience.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-11-2-3-3-for-the-oneplus-9-and-oneplus-9-pro.1414383/

For the Community App, try Clearing the Community App info Cache and storage to see if that can help.

If you find some or all of the issues you face are still an issue.
    Please use one or more options below to send Bug reports and give Feedback on the issues back to the OnePlus OOS developers.

Community App Feedback tool
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

You can also contact bughunters@oneplus.com

the_o2 likes this.
  5. Ruqhaiya Taskeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Apr 6, 2021

Ruqhaiya Taskeen , Apr 6, 2021 :
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused with regards to this concern of yours. We've got in touch with you via personal conversation to give you more insights regarding this. Please check for the same.

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

6. Ruqhaiya Taskeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Apr 6, 2021

Ruqhaiya Taskeen , Apr 6, 2021 :
    We'll do our best to help you and get the issue fixed at the earliest. We would need more details to get this rectified. Please have a look in your inbox, we've sent a direct message.

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

7. Amri2712
    Cupcake May 15, 2021

8. NormsOnePlus
    Cupcake May 28, 2021

NormsOnePlus , May 28, 2021 :
    Having my OP 9 pro for about 10 days , having same issues , micro-freezes or lags when switching between apps , actually any apps , also had lags when scrolling Google photo gallery, its very disappointing and unpleasant experience, I have no idea how OnePlus 9 pro gets so excellent reviews on YouTube , probably they are well paid. Personally would never recommend this phone

9. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 28, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 28, 2021 :
    Update to the latest Oneplus Launcher version 5.1.5 released in the last few days, link below.
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onepl.../oneplus-launcher-5-1-5-android-apk-download/

Then clear the OnePlus Launcher App info Cache.

Restart the phone and check if this can help.

Here are some tips to Optimise the use of your phone. This may help with many phone issues. By @TheMystic
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/updated-2021-setting-up-your-phone-for-best-experience.1415175/

RacerZ likes this.