oneplus 9 pro pre order

1. paolo.penalosa37
    Eclair Mar 26, 2021

paolo.penalosa37 , Mar 26, 2021 :
    Hi! is it just me or you guys also had the error saying "sku storage area is short of inventory" while purchasing oneplus 9 pro today?

michaelschmoll and Ichbinharsh like this.
  2. Ichbinharsh
    Honeycomb Mar 26, 2021

3. S1616624021300
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2021

S1616624021300 , Mar 26, 2021 :
    I have been trying to buy since wednesday and have gotten this the entire time. I guess i can wait. Or now TMobile and Bestbuy have it but i wanted the free earbuds if possible. but alas does not seem to be in the cards.

Also, what a bad message that is not obvious what is going on. Is it out of stock? Is it not available? Is it location dependent (even within different areas of the USA)? Who knows. But the "sku storage area is short of inventory" message is vague as hell and it is terrible that i go through the entire process of going to buy before i get this message. Why not put on the product page a message that says "Temporarily out of stock" or something similar along with not allowing me to add it to the cart?
    Oh well. i will figure something out even if i have to wait.

4. kanepro12
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2021

5. bigjeff
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2021

6. JMaxz
    Donut Mar 26, 2021

JMaxz , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 26, 2021 :
    Same here. I certainly hope the 9 Pro is back in stock soon, or I'll be forced to buy an iPhone 12 max - not the best scenario for a OnePlus fan.

7. JMaxz
    Donut Mar 27, 2021

JMaxz , Mar 27, 2021 :
    I tried to order using Microsoft Edge and it worked perfectly. There seems to be an issue with Chrome and the Oneplus app for some people, at least when it comes to buying the 9 Pro. Bought two 9 Pros.

nblackstock01 likes this.
  8. christiaan8
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2021

christiaan8 , Mar 27, 2021 :
    tried every browser possible, still getting
    The SKU storage area is short of inventory.

9. bigjeff
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2021

bigjeff , Mar 29, 2021 :
    I chatted with customer service on the 26th and they said they thought it was due to so many people trying to order at once. Just now (the 29th) I chatted with customer service again and was told that they thought that was the reason but now realize, after received so many complaints about this, that it's a different issue, and it has been escalated and will be fixed within 24 hours. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. nblackstock01
    Eclair Mar 29, 2021

nblackstock01 , Mar 29, 2021 :
    I was told to try back "in a few hours" because the issue is due to a "technical glitch" lol. We'll see. I have a T-Mo OP7Pro but would love to have an unlocked 9 Pro if I can help it.

11. nblackstock01
    Eclair Mar 29, 2021

nblackstock01 , Mar 29, 2021 :
    I've tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox and the OP Store app... all getting the same error. I do now notice that the stock white buds are the free gift for pre-orders now as opposed to the multi-colored special edition buds. Which I'm personally fine with... just interesting that the others have officially been listed as out of stock. Who are all the people that aren't getting this error?! lol

JMaxz likes this.
  12. nblackstock01
    Eclair Mar 30, 2021

nblackstock01 , Mar 30, 2021 :
    Got past the error this morning, and it said something like "order being processed" but that message never left the screen and just timed out. Tried again and right back to the sku error... smh. I was able to get a PS5 in no-time but this just feels bad.

13. P1572559724218
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2021

P1572559724218 , Mar 30, 2021 :
    I talked to two different customer service in chat yesterday. One said they would ask about the error message and email me in 24-48 hours. The other told me they were out of stock and would be back available the 31st/1st. I keep trying the website anyways

14. bigjeff
    Cupcake Mar 31, 2021

bigjeff , Mar 31, 2021 :
    Follow up: After being told one the 29th that it's not out of stock, it's just a problem with the site being worked on now, and to try again in 24 hours - I still can't preorder it.
    Yesterday I talked to a person in their on-site Help Chat and he said the pre-order IS out of and I'll have to wait until the pre-order ends. But they couldn't tell me when that would be, only that actual sale starts the first week of April, but he said he couldn't give me a date. He also said he was "not sure" if the free gift Buds Z will continue after the preorder is over. (how does the customer service for a company not have any information?)
    Today (the 31st) I decided to call their customer service and talk to a person. He said the pre order is sold out but I will be able to buy it when the official sale starts on April 2nd at 11am EST. How does this make sense? The whole concept of a "preorder" is to order something before it's in stock. Why would it be out of stock for preorder but be in stock instantly when the preorder ends?
    He also confirmed that the free Buds will not come free with the phone after the preorder ends.

15. michaelschmoll
    Cupcake Mar 31, 2021

michaelschmoll , Mar 31, 2021 :
    Better than what they told me by phone today: out of stock - all I know is what the website says.

I don't mind waiting for inventory, just want to lock in the free gift and discount.