Oneplus 9 Pro really strange problem and experience so far

1. chandramoulipolavarapu , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 19, 2021 :
    2. Google has nothing to do in this matter. It is not an official service to be run as per android client services.

Samsung realme, oppo have implemented it in correct manner. Its just Op neglecting it for I don't know the reason why ??

2. chandramoulipolavarapu , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 19, 2021 :
    U are mistaken

My question: either shelf is available or just the QS(quick settings panel) is available. I mean drop menu to toggle quick settings for WiFi, adta location etc etc.

If u swipe down from blank home screen: u will notice either of the option is made available.
    Feed is correctly placed. But if u activated shelf with swipe down u can't get QS settings with once hand due to big screen real estate.

QS is important. In the same way if a customer want to use their(shelf) services. It is must to provide some other cool alternative than just creating a hassel to their customers.

This is not a seamless experience at all. To be honest...

3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 19, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 19, 2021 :
    I'm refering to stuff that temporary was offered on 8 series. They have offered the option to select either Shelf or Feed. But as far as I know don't anymore.

4. chandramoulipolavarapu , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Isn't it just forcibly making users to sticking on something?

As I said earlier top tier-mid range android OEMs corrected the google's mistake.

Either sticking to complete stock is ok. Or giving full length optimisations are good.

But here in Op they have taken some bad OS choices and asking their customers to stick with them is rude. Really rude.

5. Swejuggalo

My reasoning lies in the claims of being close to stock. If they basically just import the normal Google gestures behaviour and don't modify much or at all with it they also get the Google limitations. But since I don't know how Google has solved it with this specific issue...
    They are not forced to modify the crap out of most things and it might not even be that effective if they did so either. That is why I still think the "stock behaviour" is relevant for this case.
    Some OEM modify much more than others (for worse and for good). Some so much that even Google publicly says "shame on you" (pointing towards Samsungs messing with the kernels)

6. Swejuggalo

Some may like that they follow Googles standard on various parts of the OS. Some may not.
    Both ways has good and bad sides. Can be very personal what you like and don't like.
    Any change, any change at all in any direction has some that like it. Some that don't.

7. chandramoulipolavarapu , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Being close to stock and complete stock are two different varieties. U know that. U are supporting Op in this regard.
    They did more customisations to android 11. U can't use bare bone android 11.

Please don't call OOS 11 as stock Os. I am getting bad vibes....

Don't u think OOS didn't messed up with kernels!!

Come out of this community and search for OOS kernel side issues in XDA. U will know them...

Worst issue out of those: idle drain (it may be 0.5% for u) bcos of several reasons.

Check those battery drain threads in series 7, 8 and now 9. U will know how many are getting huge battery idle drain?

It is pure kernel side issue. Recently they messed it up again in op7 series with OOS 11.

May be I am new in getting back to Oneplus after few years pause. But I used to read forum threads, articles based on customers reviews.

Instead of supporting Oneplus ask the Dev's why are u forcing the users to use non sensical half baked feature.

And please don't call OOS as stock experience. Instead call it as simple ans elegant. Several people from android community will be Ok with it. 🥲

Again' don't take these into your heart...

Supporting and questioning. Both should be in equal amounts. 🙂🙂😳

8. chandramoulipolavarapu , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 19, 2021 :
    I am not asking everyone to force use anything!!
    Why can't they give it as feature Instead of half baked feature like their auto screen rotation suggestion: made only available with home screen gesture bar??

Instead, made it available when u hide that Gesture bar !!!

people will use it as per their liking. there is no force of action here.
    Instead Oneplus choice of design is force of action. which is: to get one thing u need to activate another thing (this is rude in terms of customer satisfaction)

I know OOS dev team don't care about these. As my part I am mentioning these.
    That's it ☺️☺️

9. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Yeah. I know they borrowed many elements from Samsung One UI with Oxygen OS 11. Some users here really hated that. Some embraced it. I don't really mind it.
    Whatever final design Android 12 may get will also affect Oxygen OS 12. Perhaps we get a major change again. And the screams over changes may again return 😉

But what is stock these days really? Is it how a menu looks? Is it how certain features are implemented? What can be changed to become far from stock instead of close to stock? Tricky.

I'm personally complaining on a kernel issue myself with bughunters and at GitHub. A kernel Dev has linked some commits that might be solving the issue. I'm not saying kernel issues don't exist here. In the case I mentioned Samsung, I referred to their security enhancements practically opening up for more security flaws in the kernel, according to Google.

Idle drain can be so many things. Kernel is just one of them. Sometimes we have a ton of apps installed and some is simply awful in regards to battery. Some apps play nice and only do stuff in certain work windows. Some don't play nice and can be so aggressive that the device have a hard time going into deep sleep. This is most often the main reason for very big differences between user experiences in battery life/SoT.
    On top of that add the possibility of conflicts and problems of backups and transfers of settings and stuff between 2 different OS versions and transfer of old carrier apps and brand specific apps that does not even belong on a Oneplus. Seen automatic reboots that seems to have been triggered by apps belonging to an Huawei for example.
    Kernel issues would be more of an wide spread issue affecting more or less everyone in a varied degree. If it's heat related warmer climates areas gets the worse effect of natural causes. Now with the new 11.2.4.4 hopefully some of it is solved 😊

I measured pretty good idle drain on both 7 Pro and 8 Pro too when I had those phones. And as always some had terrible idle drains battery life. And many others didn't as well.
    The negative side is the one that is overshadowing the good side. Those that are happy are often silent and not visible here. Those that are unhappy complain and are seen.

Just sharing my own point of view. You are fully entitled to your own view of course 😀 So I'm not complaining in any way.

10. Swejuggalo

There are plenty of things that needs improvements here and there. Some things may change fast and sometimes slow.

But hopefully feature integration of improvements will make you happier with Oneplus. Only time will tell. Discussions, bug reports, OEF, Ideas 3.0, 4.0 and so on. It's all part of it. It does not always get your way or my way. But some user names can be lucky and skilled enough to even end up here 😉

1618839712076.jpg

11. chandramoulipolavarapu , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 20, 2021 :
    Ok, as I mentioned there are few more issues that I would like to mention maybe soon. I will mention.
    meanwhile check the below thing. u can check it in dev settings or with razer cortex app.
    Did u check the adaptive fps after new update. It is still lowered to only 60fps. But not 1hz or maybe 20hz when screen input is not detected like they mentioned during launch.
    If possible submit as a bug ☺️ ☺️ ☺️

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021

G_Chee_Seng_vsTK likes this.
  12. chandramoulipolavarapu , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 20, 2021 :
    I know there is no prefect test to identify screen adaptive rate. Unless the internal tools from OEM.

But both dev settings in our device, and razer cortex app gives us same lower 60hz frequency instead of lowering the refresh rate to much lower to 1hz...

So, we can confirm that screen referesh rate is limited to 60hz but not lowered to 1hz

13. Akshat Sehgal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 20, 2021

14. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 20, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 20, 2021 :
    This has been discussed (and I'm very certain they have reports of it too). I hope that we can get my guess confirmed eventually... But I can only guess the Hz monitor results is due to the monitor simply can't show more than the mode, not the actual Hz.

15. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 20, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 20, 2021 :
    If showing 60Hz we know it's 60Hz. If it shows 120Hz we just know it's dynamic
    BTW on EU version so I'm still waiting on the update

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021

16. RebelWolf
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2021

RebelWolf , Jun 1, 2021 :
    Yeah the op9 feels like it wasn't ready for release yet. The experience has been very poor. It feels like a few days into beta testing and they just said release it, without it being properly optimized.