OnePlus 9 Pro vs OnePlus 6 camera test

1. Tarkin94
    Eclair Apr 23, 2021

Tarkin94 , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Hi, I made a camera test of the OnePlus 6 and Oneplus 9 Pro.

Useful if you are thinking about upgrading from an older Oneplus model.

My opinion:
    OnePlus 9 Pro incredibly leads in darker and night scenes, it takes half the time, always sharp. On the 6 night mode is practically useless. It's a shame OnePlus 6 didn't get a better night mode.

Portrait mode much better, 9 Pro can also use HDR background.
    The 9 Pro telephoto camera is meh ok ... Sometimes the digital zoom from the old 6 is almost as good.

Switching between lenses and zoom when recording video is not smooth on 9 pro. 6 handles without problems.

Weakly saturated photos, as has often been mentioned in reviews, definitely do not happen.
    In classic photography, 90% of the situation, the quality of both phones is almost comparable.
    Sometimes Oneplus 6 maybe has better performance in HDR.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rvyCGo11AVFuSCX47

2. GaryChung86
    Donut Apr 23, 2021

3. Tarkin94
    Eclair Apr 23, 2021

Tarkin94 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Of course, there are a lot of situations where the photo is better. But not always.
    For example, an overexposed HDR with a dog. Worse shade of blue in the window during HDR.
    Sometimes the exposure is too long and the photo looks different from reality.
    The biggest disappointment is the telephoto lens, which is almost the same quality as the digital zoom of the OnePlus 6.
    I'm honestly a little disappointed with that. 1000 euros, was it worth it?

4. Tarkin94
    Eclair Apr 23, 2021

What do you think about it? You can join to the album, I will gradually add more images.

5. rationale
    Froyo Apr 23, 2021

rationale , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Thanks for the comparison, much appreciated!

It would be great if you installed the Minilux GCam Mod (version 4.3) on your OnePlus 6 and tested it once again. It improves the camera quality a lot, especially in dark mode.

Stev_M_01 likes this.
  6. Tarkin94
    Eclair Apr 23, 2021

Ok I'll try, I'll add the photos to the album, so follow it.
    So what do you think about 9 Pro cameras?

7. Tarkin94
    Eclair Apr 23, 2021

Updated there are some new photos.

There are situations when the phone turns on HDR (cannot be controlled) and oversaturates the colors - colored houses.
    HDR is worse on 9 pro as you can see.

Attached Files:

8. Tarkin94
    Eclair Apr 23, 2021

9. OBiW4NSHiNOBi
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2021

OBiW4NSHiNOBi , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 24, 2021 :
    Coming from a OP6T to the 9 Pro, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. From the way the camera was hyped I was expecting a significant step up in quality, similar to when I went from my OP1 to OP5. But this is not that.

In a lot of ways it feels like I prefer the OP6T, and certainly in lot of your shots I preferred the OP6. I definitely think that Gcam on a OP6T is a match, if not better, than the stock camera app on my OP9 Pro.

10. Tarkin94
    Eclair Apr 24, 2021

Tarkin94 , Apr 24, 2021 :
    Hey I'm a little disappointed, I did a comprehensive comparison test, where the new 9 pro super Hasselblad camera sometimes loses with the old 6 pro and nobody cares. A few users came here, no one from Oneplus commented on it.

OnePlus - community brand! Of course.

The only thing what can I do with it, create a bug, wait for me Bug Hunter by following a 20 step process to create a bug log. Great! Because it's not obvious at all, is it?