oneplus 9 PRO wont charge right in car / overheat

1. G_Leon_Shao_mGca
    Donut May 5, 2021

G_Leon_Shao_mGca , May 5, 2021 :
    use 2019 ford transit buildin USB port for car play/charging in the same time. the charge took forever and half hour on the road only 10% with screen off. and it is touching hot and the system warning message comes up anyone has this issue.

this the tmobile version ..

2. G_Leon_Shao_mGca
    Donut May 5, 2021

G_Leon_Shao_mGca , May 5, 2021 :
    been using same cable with my note20ultra no issue charging speed slow but acceptable maybe 1-2 to get full dont get over heat

3. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 6, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 6, 2021 :
    The phone will only charge at the capacity the car charger is rated for. Warp charge is only guaranteed on a OnePlus charger designed specifically for the OnePlus 9 Pro. And is also dependent on the output from the USB charge port in the car. The cable quality may also have an impact as well. There are many reasons it will charge slower in a car.

4. G_Leon_Shao_mGca , via OnePlus 9 Pro T-Mobile , May 6, 2021 :
    I AM not that much concerned about the charging speed more concerned about the overheat with the charging while I'm using the Google map car play.

5. Caomhin

If its not overheating on your normal charger in a wall socket, then it may be the power draw through the car charger. Try a different car charger with a higher wattage output and see if that gives the same issue.

6. G_Leon_Shao_mGca , via OnePlus 9 Pro T-Mobile , May 6, 2021 :
    did u try to flash.the.color.os yet.

I think the UI design on the color os is very nice

I might have to return my T mobile version for the us un lock version, so I can flash it

7. Caomhin

No, I will stay with OOS for now. Am happy enough with it. Flows along very fast.

Caoimhín likes this.
  9. Last edited: May 6, 2021

10. Caomhin

Pretty good, though I don't do Gaming. Mainly Community here, social media, few videos, calls, WhatsApp, few photos, and odd zoom meeting. Just general stuff. But I have the phone running on max settings, QHD, 120hz, all that. SOT is excellent since I got the phone. Can't fault it considering it's running with settings set to the max.
    1620305072490.jpg

11. Caomhin

Turn off Optimised Charging, restart the phone and charge it again to full and see if that can help

G_Leon_Shao_mGca likes this.
  12. G_Leon_Shao_mGca , via OnePlus 9 Pro T-Mobile , May 6, 2021 :
    wow

WOW, this number seems to be very strong

Caoimhín likes this.
  13. Caomhin

Getting that regular. Phone just flies along, battery is great, none of the issues many state they are getting.

No optimisations done, other than turning off Optimised Charging. Phone charges very fast, in minutes, haven't timed it yet though.

Usually charge it while making a coffee and a bit of lunch. Sometimes stick it on charge if I have to head out and if battery is around 40% to 50% beforehand. 20 minutes, back on full charge. Happy days.

G_Leon_Shao_mGca likes this.
  14. Ruqhaiya Taskeen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Staff Member May 7, 2021

Ruqhaiya Taskeen , May 7, 2021 :
    For analyzing this better we would need few details. It'll be of great help if you could share the information for further analysis. We've responded to you via direct message. 

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

15. Ruqhaiya Taskeen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Staff Member May 7, 2021

Ruqhaiya Taskeen , May 7, 2021 :
    We'll definitely work on the issue reported and we'll do our best to help you. We've got in touch with you via direct message. Looking forward for your response!

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen