OnePlus 9 Pro: Worth robbing via OnePlus 7T

1. 98shubhamk
    Froyo Apr 7, 2021 at 8:49 PM

98shubhamk , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 7, 2021 at 8:49 PM :
    I just surfing some news article and found this

1617824797368.jpg
    Debyan Roy from Noida, India while waiting for his metro, chatting on hos phone. A man with black mask snatched his phone from his hand and started running. Suddenly he stopped and return the phone to the owner saying I thought it was oneplus 9 Pro. This man has tweeted this incident.

Oneplus 9 Pro has managed to trend in snatching community also 😂😂

Source: https://www.news18.com/amp/news/buz...realising-its-not-one-plus-9-pro-3619484.html

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021 at 7:06 PM

2. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 7, 2021 at 10:17 PM

sfomin, superplus, KluGe and 5 others like this.
  3. Arjun_Choudhry
    KitKat Apr 7, 2021 at 10:20 PM

Arjun_Choudhry , Apr 7, 2021 at 10:20 PM :
    From what I've heard, it was the OnePlus 8 Pro, and the thief did not want a display with green tint and black crush ;)

sfomin, superplus, Bobbie63 and 4 others like this.
  4. L1547049801594
    Froyo Apr 8, 2021 at 5:18 AM

KluGe and Bobbie63 like this.
  5. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 8, 2021 at 8:42 AM

6. The fraggle
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2021 at 9:54 AM

The fraggle , Apr 8, 2021 at 9:54 AM :
    First of all, if oneplus do actually have a public relations department I would say this is their only success as we have finally heard from them. Secondly it wouldn't have been written by someone from oneplus as the sentence structure is credible.

I'm all seriousness I don't think this crap should be posted on here as well it is is scaremongering.

7. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Apr 8, 2021 at 2:09 PM

superplus , Apr 8, 2021 at 2:09 PM :
    Perhaps you found it elsewhere, but please always be sure to include a link to your source when posting stuff, so others can judge it at face value for themselves ;)
    In this case this is the original tweet.

It seems to be the same case, his twitter bio states:
    And he mentions it was indeed an S10+ a few times, e.g.:
    Here and here

Someone else suggested the same :p

The guy seems legit enough from the rest of his posts on his profile, and mainly happy to not have lost his phone along with all his data, though the phone did suffer some damage to the glass (see also here).

Actually someone suggested it might be because OnePlus devices might be easier to break into than Samsung ones :eek:

Anyway, I guess the moral of the story is to be careful with your phone in public, regardless of the make/model.

McJader, 98shubhamk and Caomhin like this.
  8. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Apr 8, 2021 at 2:34 PM

superplus , Apr 8, 2021 at 2:34 PM :
    P.S. I've moved your thread to the Off-topic forums, which seem a better place for discussing any potential incident like this with the community ;) The OnePlus 9 series device forums are intended for actual issues related to the actual device series.

Caomhin likes this.