OnePlus 9 Series FAQs, answered by OnePlus staff

1. rakesh__vk
    Donut Jul 18, 2021

rakesh__vk , Jul 18, 2021 :
    Worst camera quality compared with even OnePlus 7 2 years

2. doochie
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2021

doochie , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 18, 2021 :
    Im facing alot of lag in my device and apps just crash. Is any one else facing the same problem?? Network issues also. This is happening past 3 4 days.. Device is oneplus 9 pro

3. saket_2100
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2021

4. KapilSingh7
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2021

KapilSingh7 , via OnePlus 9R , Jul 18, 2021 :
    Anyone can delete your data while your mobile is switched off in OnePlus 9R....like that your friend

I was checking my OnePlus 9R security, then I found that anyone like that your friends can delete your data when your mobile is switched off ,,, during booting hold down volume down button and power button simultaneously and release power button when it powered on then it will ask for PIN ,,,but in right down corner you can see forgot password option,,,by clicking it your data will be erased... that's not fare ,,,,bcz without password or pin your data still be deleted by someone,,,,there will be some method like phone data doesn't erase without pin or password. said:

Please improve system security.

5. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 18, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jul 18, 2021 :
    Is that different from most other Android phones? The point is to protect your data, not making it impossible to restore or wipe the phone if really necessary

the_o2 and Caomhin like this.
  6. Swejuggalo

As standard these hidden files are included in those folders. Those prevent those folders to be scanned for media files and thus not showing in Gallery.
    1626612184129.jpg

the_o2 and Caomhin like this.
  7. KapilSingh7
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2021

Do you copy other phones? If you do then you should change your development process.
    After restore user requires emai ID and password which was previously registered on phone also, same authentication process should be available there for restoration if user forgotten screen lock. Thus anyone can't reset your mobile without your authentication process.
    Because point is --- Anybody can delete your data, so forgotten Password process should be processed by an authenticated first.
    And nothing is impossible in digitalization. Thank you

8. Swejuggalo

I'm a user not a Dev.

Any failure and lost encryption preventing unlock making a "forgotten password" corrupt (it happens for some) ... That would make it only possible to rescue a phone via MSM tool or sending it in for service. And that would not be appreciated by many. And if blocking that too because nobody should be allowed to wipe the device (because they can with MSM tool)... Toss the phone and buy a new if shit happens because everyone is locked out? 🤷

It's not about copy other phones. It can be about following standards. Samsung does shit many don't like, like the e-fuse, modify stuff in kernel to such a degree that even Google reacts and complains on them...

What you suggest is not without negative sides. Sure. Other can't wipe the device. You data can't be wiped. But if shit hits the fan... Neither can you or anyone else.

The current solution is to prevent unauthorised data access. Not about making it impossible to restore and wipe the device if something goes wrong.

the_o2, Caomhin and McJader like this.
  9. KapilSingh7
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2021

Ok thanks for information

Swejuggalo likes this.

10. siddarth_xox
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2021

11. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 19, 2021

12. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 19, 2021

13. siddarth_xox
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2021

14. R1620220331517 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 21, 2021 :
    After the new update I am unable to make or receive the calls on my 9 pro. I had the same problem with my old oneplus. Hope there'll be an appropriate solution and update

15. Suprit__
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2021

Suprit__ , via OnePlus 9R , Jul 21, 2021 :
    My oneplus 9r gets heated very much and
    My phone's battery drains quickly, I just bought it a week ago, I want immediate action pleasee

S1577124684109 likes this.
  16. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 22, 2021

Shailender Sharma likes this.
  17. Z1622958198857
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2021

18. soboku
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2021

soboku , via OnePlus 9 , Jul 23, 2021 :
    Have you had any complaints about losing wifi on oneplus 9 when enabling WPA 3 on home routers? I lose wifi data even no wifi shows its enable. Says no internet. But friend logged in on my wifi using iPhone has no problem. Just wanted to no. Love my oneplus.

19. pmoar3
    Froyo Jul 23, 2021

pmoar3 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 23, 2021 :
    Nord 2 proves that those buying OnePlus 9 and pro are fool. Spent doubt amount and got nothing exceptional just a curved screen that does not support screen protectors and a super hyped camera that is unreliable.