OnePlus 9 via OnePlus 8

1. R1588585857378
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2020

R1588585857378 , via OnePlus 8 , Jun 2, 2020 :
    As a recent convert to android, specifically Oxygen OS, I was surprised at the ease of handling OnePlus phones. For the last few years I had been using an iPhone SE and it truly was a relief to get my hands on the new OnePlus 8. Now what made me move over from a luxury brand to OnePlus?

At first I wasn't too sure myself of the move, but now I think I may have a few answers to that question. OnePlus is a very dynamic brand (off course to remain competitive in such a market you have to be!). The truth is OnePlus never allows itself to get comfortable. There is always a need to do better,push further, never settle.

With this thought in mind, I would like to discuss the future of OnePlus. Specifically the OnePlus 9. What features would OnePlus introduce in their future-to-come flagship to once again rode the market wave?!

My first thought would be an all new battery. Oppo, a sister company of OnePlus, recently patented a battery setup which includes two 32.5 watt batteries and uses a 60 watt charger. This is some tech we could expect to see in the OnePlus 9. It would mean incredible charging speeds. However this may clash with the wireless charging speeds...

My second guess at the OnePlus 9 would be dual 5G sim coverage. This would however depend on the new Snap dragon chipset and it's processing power.

my third and most important guess would be a bezel less screen. Recently Oppo unveiled a prototype where the selfie cameras were located under the screen! meaning they were completely hidden! This will definitely be a relieved welcome as it will end all debates on the punch out Vs the pop out. Samsung is also rumoured to be working on their new flagship bezel less phone. Once again, if OnePlus is to do this right, they will have to add this feature to their line up sometime soon.

These are three features I would really like to see in the future models. let me know what you think in the comments below!

2. Liehjan
    Lollipop Jun 2, 2020

Liehjan , Jun 2, 2020 :
    I can agree on everything but the Dual 5G, don't see the need on spending money on that... 5G won't be widely available before 2022

R1588585857378 likes this.
  3. R1588585857378
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2020

4. Liehjan
    Lollipop Jun 2, 2020

Liehjan , Jun 2, 2020 :
    I'm a bit angry at Qualcomm for bundling the 5G modem with the Snapdragon 865 just to make profit... They should have made one with a 4G modem too, so that manufacturers could have made cheaper devices with top end SoC

Matt 80 and R1588585857378 like this.
  5. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator Jun 2, 2020

Horsault , Jun 2, 2020 :
    This thread has nothing to do in OP8 section.
    Moved to off-topic.
    Please note that correct subforum choice is mandatory.

R1588585857378 likes this.
  6. A1580237654904
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2020

A1580237654904 , Jun 20, 2020 :
    Bonjour je vous propose mon idée pour la prochaine génération de la série oneplus 8.
    Cela fait exactement 1 ans et neuf mois que je détient le oneplus 6, j'ai remarqué que depuis que je l'ai j'ai du être obligé de le vider 4 fois pour garder de la mémoire.
    Je souhaiterais acheter la prochaine génération de téléphone pour pouvoir rester sur un téléphone efficace et pas cher mais avec les meilleures de vos innovations technologiques, j'ai aimé et je pense ne pas être le seul à avoir été agréablement surpris par l'innovation de la caméra frontale qui sort et rentre dans le téléphone automatiquement pour laisser plus d'espace pour l'écran.

J'ai été aussi agréable surpis par la qualité des images et des FPS des vidéos des derniers modèles, malheureusement les photos et les vidéos prennent de plus en plus de place dans la mémoire interne qui elle sature déplus en plus vite car la mémoire interne maximale n'a pas changé depuis le oneplus 6,

Mon idée serait de faire un modèle de oneplus 8t et 8t pro à 256go minimum et un à 512 go max, d'avoir la caméra frontale qui soit comme le oneplus 7t pro , et aussi d'avoir la possibilité de rajouter de la mémoire en plus grâce à une micro sd que vous pouvez vendre à part.

Se serait une révolution pour vous et pour tout les constructeurs de smartphone, les clients seraient ravis.

Aurélien Boudet

7. Matt 80
    Lollipop Jun 21, 2020

Matt 80 , Jun 21, 2020 :
    Samsung did that on the exynos powered regular s20, a 5G version and a non 5G version.

It's just a shame the exynos chip doesn't perform as well as the snapdragon, and never has since Samsung started manufacturing the snapdragon chips.

buntycubal and Liehjan like this.