Oneplus 9 via OnePlus 9

1. moon_sun_sky
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2021

moon_sun_sky , via OnePlus 9 , Nov 10, 2021 :
    Hi all
    I bought the oneplus 9 256gb brand new. There is a big trouble with signalling. Sometime no service, internet is dropping as well sometime internet totally disconnected. This is really disappointing, I put my SIM card back to the old phone. I restart the phone ,update the mobile software , reset the network setting, I even call my service provider and got the professional advice. I done everything that I could do but problem still exist. Please let me know if I'm the only one or all of other user having same trouble?
    Thank you in advance
    Moon

2. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Nov 10, 2021

Gor., HarshKK14, Xcommunicad0 and 2 others like this.
  3. Xcommunicad0
    Lollipop Nov 11, 2021

4. moon_sun_sky
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2021

moon_sun_sky , via OnePlus 9 , Nov 27, 2021 :
    Thank you for your response 😊. To be honest I done everything. I have already followed the steps that you have mentioned. I am just worried that it might be that compatibility issue? I am using three UK network and I am using one plus 9 LE2110 Chinese version with the Google . !!!
    Before that I was using oneplus 7. I never had an issue with that phone
    I still don't know what to do. Network disappearing completely... Even the battery draining very quickly. For instance before sleeping if it's 20% in the morning phone would be dead without using even I switched off data wi-fi and Bluetooth everything I even close the apps...

5. moon_sun_sky
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2021

moon_sun_sky , via OnePlus 9 , Nov 27, 2021 :
    Sorry I didn't understand what you mean ?

6. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Nov 27, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Nov 27, 2021 :
    It is possible that your Network is causing the drain issue looking for signal, that is a common issue on all phones.
    Also as its a Chinese model the bands for 4G, even 5G would be different than for an EU model. As you can see in the image below for EU and CN. Whether this may have a bearing I'm not sure. You would have to check what bands Three UK use to see if there is an incompatibility somewhere.
    1638053441169.jpg
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/oneplus_9-ampp-10747.php
    And if you are running OOS, it will have been converted from ColorOS, as that's the OS used in China. As well as this, OnePlus won't support converted phones as they have a different Base OS for different regions. In your case ColorOS base with OOS on top.
    One or all of the items I mention could cause your issues, as the phone is designed for a different market, particularly the Network bands.
    You may have to contact the person you bought the phone from to see if the can do anything for you.

moon_sun_sky likes this.
  7. moon_sun_sky
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2021

8. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Nov 27, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Nov 27, 2021 :
    You would need to check with Three UK to ensure they support your 4G, 5G bands

Also I am a user the same as you, so there wouldn't be anything I can do. As you have a converted China regional phone, you would need to contact OnePlus China for support, as that is the region your phone was intended for