Oneplus 9Pro bugs(already been reported but no solution yet) via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. Bhaweshtekchandani , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 4, 2021 :
    I bought my oneplus 9 pro one month back. It is running on 11.2.8.8 (indian version) I have found the following bugs in its software-
    1. Scrolling lag/skipping of FPS while scrolling on Google Chrome and Google news or any other web browser.
    2. Grey geen tint when I switch off the screen from lock screen in low light conditions.
    3. 60Hz refesh locked on certain apps is really irritating like on Gpay and Amazon prime and youtube
    4. Stuttering of pulling down of notification menu for the first time when in full screen landscape mode .
    5. Audio still on when watching videos even after locking screen.
    6. Battery backup is not upto the mark. I get only max 6hrs SOT with 23hours after charge. With no gaming at all, only calling( small calls of 5-10mins) and insta chrome and whatsapp usage.
    Please I get more than this on my oneplus 5 even today without ever replacing the battery!
    Oneplus Team please do something!
    Please #oneplus team look into these issues.
    I am a die hard oneplus fan just rectify these things, perfect the oneplus 9pro.
    Thankyou
    P.S is anyone else also experiencing these issues?
    please tell me if you have found any solutions

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Aug 4, 2021

Dresa91 , Aug 4, 2021 :
    Here is no OnePlus team.
    You are posting in a user forum - here are just users like you and me.
    All you can do is submitting a bug report via https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/ and waiting for the next update(s)

Tokolozi, Does!Compute, KluGe and 2 others like this.
  3. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 4, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 4, 2021 :
    Have you backed up your data and done a full Erase All Data factory reset to refresh the current OOS on the phone.

If you have already done so, then follow the info as @Dresa91 gave.

4. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Aug 4, 2021 :
    1. Chrome. Don't often notice it. But some sites might do it. Same site on Firefox Nightly with addons blocking ton of ads and stuff + forced 120 Hz with the help of AutoHz (tip for point 3. You would select what you want for every app. Just note that motion smoothing may not work if you force a video app) ... Very smooth.
    Never really liked Chrome and use Firefox as main browser.

5. YouTube? Sure it's simply just not apps that is made to allow it?

1628069377876.jpg
    Regarding your performance and drain issues... Some of it may improve with a confirmed finished dexopt job (should be finished and kept in shape automatically if you let it be connected to the charger and not using it long enough. Manually possible to run via adb shell. cmd package bg-dexopt-job). Some lag and drain may exists due to background activity that could interfere. Devcheck may give a slight hint of how the idle activity looks like. Red arrow would be low activity. Trouble is finding what uses the CPU.

View attachment 1671202
    SoT between a Oneplus 5 and and 9 Pro may not be that easy to compare though. Other than components like the screen being different and probably using more battery it's bigger and higher pixel density and refresh rate, nits... Android 11 as a base may also be a relevant factor.

5. Bhaweshtekchandani , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 4, 2021 :
    I am not comparing them but it should be abit better even standby time is shit on the 9pro I can't get through 24hours with hardly touching my phone.
    Hope they improve it in the next few updates

6. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Aug 4, 2021 :
    How high is your drain during the night? Could be something wrong. With some extra tools and perhaps manual dexopt you might lower it.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/battery-analysis-and-battery-drain-trouble-solving.1413430/

Caomhin, Does!Compute and Dresa91 like this.