OnePlus 9Pro - Glass Issues

1. IanLei
    Cupcake Jun 14, 2021

IanLei , Jun 14, 2021 :
    I've been a OnePlus devotee since OnePlus 5 and have always been impressed with the quality of the device up until I bought the 9Pro.

Across all of those phones I've never ever bought (or needed) a screen protector. I've always had a rugged case with raised bevelled edges to protect the phone and screen and they've done the job admirably.

I've had my 9Pro for 3 weeks and the screen condition is appalling. Multiple scratches and what looks like small blemishes in the glass that you can feel under your finger nail.
    Phone hasn't been dropped or suffered any impact and I'm an office worker so phone is either on desk or in pocket or connected to car.
    Never had this happen before on any of my other OnePlus phones so am interested is anyone else has noticed a drop in glass quality with this device?
    It's actually that bad that I'm thinking of going back to my OnePlus 8

2. McLarenMania
    Honeycomb Jun 14, 2021

the_o2 and Caomhin like this.
  3. 5l4rtysCell
    Froyo Jun 14, 2021

5l4rtysCell , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 14, 2021 :
    Hi. Hope this doesn't sound stupid but do you still have the factory fitted protector still on? I'm only saying this as I took mine off and fitted another as it go beaten up pretty quickly.

AmolKulange and the_o2 like this.
  4. dinamoski
    Honeycomb Jun 15, 2021

dinamoski , Jun 15, 2021 :
    The raised curved screen doesn't help and it's easy to scratch the curved edge. The phone case doesn't protect the edges.

Super_PREDATOR likes this.
  5. Oneplus gk
    Donut Jul 17, 2021

Oneplus gk , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 17, 2021 :
    Bro are you mad for saying go back to OnePlus 8 from 9pro by saying this nursery issue🤣😅I am also using 9pro pine green version for 65k it's an awesome phone interns of everything

AmolKulange likes this.
  6. 5l4rtysCell
    Froyo Jul 17, 2021

5l4rtysCell , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 17, 2021 :
    After I changed the factory fitted screen protector, mines been fine. There's been no reply to my post so I guess it may have just been the pre-fitted that was damaged. All screens can get damaged, all I do is treat them with a little respect .

5l4rtysCell likes this.
  8. Joethefro
    Froyo Jul 17, 2021

Joethefro , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 17, 2021 :
    Hi. Which screen protector did you use? I've taken the factory fitted one off because it was misaligned. Now I see some tiny hairline scratches I want to get a new protector.

Cheers.

9. Joethefro
    Froyo Jul 17, 2021

Joethefro , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 17, 2021 :
    The OnePlus 9 Pro has Corning Gorilla Glass 5.

This is the same as my 7 Pro which was 2 years old when I upgraded to the 9 Pro. By the end of that 2 year life without a screen protector on from day 1 there was a couple of scratches (this was my only phone) but nothing major.

I took the factory fitted screen protector of the new 9 Pro I bought 3 months ago as it was misaligned and in a place I found annoying. This was 3 weeks after I bought it. I can see a couple of small hairline scratches already.

I knew the 9 Pro didn't have the latest Gorilla Glass (Victus) but I didn't expect it be worse than a 2 year old phone.

I'm now looking for a replacement screen protector so it does not get any worse. Any ideas from anyone would be welcome. I was thinking of maybe claiming under the 2 year warranty I have but not sure I can be bothered with the hassle

10. Oneplus gk
    Donut Jul 18, 2021

11. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Jul 18, 2021

Nipu_1998 , Jul 18, 2021 :
    Hi, remove the pre-applied screen protector, if it's not yet removed, and apply a new one. The screen protector which came pre applied is a film type protector and it can get easily scratched.