OnePlus adoption of mst technology for mobile payments via OnePlus 6T

1. ktappana1
    Cupcake May 13, 2020

ktappana1 , via OnePlus 6T , May 13, 2020 :
    I was just wondering if many of you guys would like to see magnetic secure technically used to replicate the magnetic swipe of a card similar to Samsung's Samsung pay. The benefits are enormous, with mst along with nfc you would be able to not only use mobile payments on new nfc equiped terminals but also be able to use your phone to pay at legacy terminals. this would eliminate the need to wonder if you need your wallet or if your phone would be enough and help a lot of people switch over from Samsung I believe because believe it or not small technologies are important to people.

eydaimon and Bouncer71 like this.
  2. gubro
    KitKat May 13, 2020

gubro , May 13, 2020 :
    I don't think this can be done under the Android Pay umbrella.
    Creating a whole new "OnePlus Pay" would cost a fortune and just for the legacy devices I'm not convinced, it would worth the effort.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  3. speedlever
    Honeycomb May 14, 2020

speedlever , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 14, 2020 :
    The Leakster initially reported that MST would be a feature on the 8 pro. Alas, MST is nowhere to be found on OnePlus devices. Yet.

4. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert May 14, 2020

Bouncer71 , May 14, 2020 :
    Yeah... Why not...

Although I probably wouldn't need it...

Haven't found an Terminal yet where contactless payment with the OP7Pro didn't work... ;)

It even works better than my credit cards.. :D

5. T1620287213269
    Cupcake May 6, 2021

T1620287213269 , May 6, 2021 :
    One of the great things I miss about my Galaxy's MST capability is the ability to pay with your phone and get cashback. If I'm not mistaken, cashback is only available when you use MST as it's pretty much the same thing as swiping your card.

6. eydaimon
    Eclair Sep 18, 2021

eydaimon , Sep 18, 2021 :
    Yeah, but Samsung pay works WITHOUT contactless payment. That's the whole deal