OnePlus and McLaren - Fearlessly Forward

1. Pete CEO Staff Member Nov 28, 2018

Pete, Nov 28, 2018 :
    big-forum.png

Hi friends,

It’s official! OnePlus is teaming up with McLaren to push the limits of speed. Since announcing the name of our latest partner, we have seen an overwhelming amount of positive feedback. Your excitement to learn more about where this new partnership is headed and what we hope to accomplish demanded a proper response. So, I wanted to take a moment to answer the one question on everybody’s lips: “Why is OnePlus partnering with McLaren?”

United in our passion for speed, the combination of a premium smartphone maker and a legendary Formula 1 outfit inspires immediate excitement. McLaren is known around the world as one of the most successful teams in Formula 1 history, and a pioneer in applying F1 innovation to the automotive industry. From its founding by racing legend Bruce McLaren, this historic team has continuously pushed the automotive and Formula 1 industries forward. Their humble origins were driven by the single-minded pursuit of speed. McLaren's success was a true team effort, and wouldn’t have been possible without the brave men and women working at the pit stop, the engineers dedicated to optimizing every part of a car, and of course, those behind the wheel tasked with driving McLaren to victory.

In many ways, McLaren’s story reminded me of our own. Like McLaren, our goal has always been to develop premium products with a focus on speed and performance. To us, every detail matters, no matter how small. The world’s fastest and smoothest smartphone experience is only possible thanks to the efforts of a team with a singular focus on speed. From fluid and lag-free gaming to a reliably fast and cool charging experience, OnePlus has consistently set and raised the bar for speed.

This partnership has presented us with a unique opportunity to work with some of the world’s foremost innovators. It marks the beginning of what is sure to be an incredible partnership, as OnePlus and McLaren work together to push the limits of speed, through an uncompromising devotion to craftsmanship and relentless innovation.

Every day, we wake up with the knowledge that we can always achieve more, do better, and go faster. Like McLaren, we came from nothing to challenge the status quo. This is our Salute to Speed.

We can’t wait to unveil what we’ve been working on at our special “Salute to Speed” event on December 11, 2018. Hosted at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre, this will be an event to remember. Learn more about what’s coming at [LINK]

Never Settle.

2. eye842 KitKat Nov 28, 2018

3. jays88 Froyo Nov 28, 2018

jays88, Nov 28, 2018 :

LINK IS DEAD...

Pooja_Menon likes this.
  4. Dresa91 Oreo Nov 28, 2018

5. Gav_W86 Starting Point Expert Nov 28, 2018

Pooja_Menon, xnutzii, eye842 and 2 others like this.
  6. Moin2200 Jelly Bean Nov 28, 2018

Moin2200, Nov 28, 2018 :
    Happy to see you guys are making more collaborations, but please don't make a super charged model of the 6T with Mclaren logo and overprice it like huawei did with Porche.

7. Liehjan KitKat Nov 28, 2018

Liehjan, Nov 28, 2018 :
    This formula 1 season McLaren wasn't known for it's speed, 2018 car was one of the worst.. Hope the 2019 car gives the drivers "the speed they need" :p

If you launch a 6t McLaren edition, I'll buy it! ;)

batchelor33, Hananie, Rajvez and 7 others like this.
  8. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Nov 28, 2018

Cheetosdust, Nov 28, 2018 :
    Curious to check the new variant - judging by that picture, maybe it will have the iconic orange accent. :)

Thank you for sharing the news, I'll check it out December 11.:cool:

9. Shivang Joshi The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 28, 2018

10. SyberianXGamerz KitKat Nov 28, 2018

SyberianXGamerz, Nov 28, 2018 :
    My Speculation, OnePlus 6T with Orange Color + Super Fast Charge ( Even Faster than Dash Charge ) like the Lamborghini edition

11. Shivang Joshi The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 28, 2018

Shivang Joshi, Nov 28, 2018 :
    I don't know why but I'm expecting something like this:

1543396199350.jpg

A gradient Black and Orange Back :D :oops:

12. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Nov 28, 2018

Oh nice, yeah, I saw that video and it's looking good there.:cool:

Hopefully, the costumers who bought the Thunder Purple won't be too angry :p

Alvie, Starcommander, kogam22 and 5 others like this.
  13. eye842 KitKat Nov 28, 2018

eye842, Nov 28, 2018 :
    I'm sure McLaren need OnePlus' speed for that:D and maybe GPS:p

N1TeSH1FT, Alvie and Dresa91 like this.
  14. Shivang Joshi The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 28, 2018

Yeah, I really liked some of the colours in that video. ;)

I'm just waiting to see more threads now :p :p

Dresa91 likes this.
  15. friday051 Froyo Nov 28, 2018

friday051, Nov 28, 2018 :
    This is an exciting partnership. I feel that both the companies will benefit a lot from this.
    Looking forward to the new product!

16. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Nov 28, 2018

But it's actually a nice time to announce this, since it will position the new variant just before the holiday season.

Maybe it's also aimed for the son who want to buy something nice for their father, etc. Nice box, phone with some cool and sober colors, maybe an exclusive McLaren key ring or something like that also included.

If I was part of the marketing team, that would be exactly my thinking :p

17. Shivang Joshi The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 28, 2018

Yeah, true. I expect this device to look great, but it'll be interesting to see what it would be priced at. ;)

And oooh, give me that key ring - please :p

I would be your partner in doing that :p ;)

18. SyberianXGamerz KitKat Nov 28, 2018

SyberianXGamerz, Nov 28, 2018 :
    They won't if the price would hike. As I assume it will come with 512GB Storage

19. Arthi Prabu Froyo Nov 28, 2018

20. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Nov 28, 2018

You have yourself a deal! :p

We pay 50/50, I keep the phone and you keep the box (I'm sure it'll be nice ;)) AND the key ring or any other McLaren memorabilia included.:tearsofjoy::sweatsmile:

I don't think we'll see a new storage capacity or the Super VOOC equivalent with this one.

I also don't believe there's going to be a price hike. Maybe it will be slight higher if there's something special along the phone.