OnePlus appears in the New York Times. Reflection + Giveaway

1. David X. NA Copywriter Staff Member Apr 29, 2019

David X., Apr 29, 2019 :
    Forum Post Header.jpg

Hi friends,

Are newsstands still a thing? We hope so, because we just woke up to a front-page spread in the New York Times!

Be sure to grab a copy of today's paper. Frame it on the wall, keep it in a dust-proof sleeve, or pedal down your street and let the neighbors know—

The OnePlus 7 Pro is in the New York Times! Behold, the full-page statement in all its glory.

Now, if you truly want the latest OnePlus news, why not go directly to the source? Join us in person on May 14 at 11AM EDT, or tune-in to our livestream. We'll be sharing all the details about our next flagship. All the details. All of it.

And if you're wondering, why is OnePlus in the New York Times? Well, at our recent Open Ears Forum, one of our users expressed his frustrations about how OnePlus is still under the radar in the US, despite having delivered one hit device after another.

To that, we say: we're on the same page :) and we're not happy about it either. So, we designed a full-page spread in our signature OnePlus colors. The OnePlus 7 Pro itself is conveyed in a clean, spare style. No fluff, no splashy colors, just a better phone.

And please, if you want all the details, join us in person at our New York launch event. You’ll get to go hands on with the OnePlus 7 Pro, among other sweet perks. See what your tickets are good for here.

In the meantime, @dsmonteiro started a thread for everyone who's eager to discuss the hardware reveals you've spotted from our wrap. For our community in the US, we have a small giveaway for you! Reply to this thread with a picture of the OnePlus wrap in the New York Times when you spot one in the wild. We’ll gift a Never Settle T-shirt to one of the lucky folks who respond to this thread.

Update: And the winner is @alteredtech. Thanks for being the first to respond! Please message our community manager, @Ruby G. if you are interested in claiming this prize.

2. swapnil.s Gingerbread Apr 29, 2019

3. Its.Leandroo The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 29, 2019

4. prabin1plus Cupcake Apr 29, 2019

F1557859879673, Saliou and octavecat like this.
  5. octavecat Donut Apr 29, 2019

octavecat, Apr 29, 2019 :
    You didn't "make the new york times" or "appear in the new york times," you bought an ad. So, look, congratulations on having the marketing spend, but that's all it is.

[​IMG]

6. BadMurdo Donut Apr 29, 2019

Ippolito1971 and Z1532719147161 like this.
  7. aphrahman Froyo Apr 29, 2019

Z1532719147161 and Saliou like this.
  8. Alessandro_Carta Cupcake Apr 29, 2019

Dante Yagami likes this.
  9. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Apr 29, 2019

Cheetosdust, Apr 29, 2019 :
    Simple yet effective.

Isn't there a version of this ad that also says "No $2000 Price Tag" and "No Random Music"? Maybe it's the other page that's shown on OnePlus Twitter picture.

10. G_Reuben_B_ATUq Cupcake Apr 29, 2019

Saliou likes this.
  11. sarthak@sark Honeycomb Apr 29, 2019

sarthak@sark, Apr 29, 2019 :
    New York times !!! now it's times for times of India and Hindustan times in India ....also waiting for OnePlus 7 badly ... excited to see launch event!

buntycubal likes this.
  12. donnyb Gingerbread Apr 29, 2019

donnyb, Apr 29, 2019 :
    The dealbreaker for me is the no wireless charging. I know Warp charging is great but I have wireless charging in car and all around my house.

Impersonal likes this.
  13. Yipeng0207 Cupcake Apr 29, 2019

14. alteredtech Eclair Apr 29, 2019

alteredtech, Apr 29, 2019 :
    I just bought myself a copy just for this LOL. OnePlus is doing its thing [e]1f601[/e] I hope Tmobile provides a really good deal like last year with the 6T.
    1556565300775.jpg

Attached Files:

15. Impersonal Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 29, 2019

Impersonal, Apr 29, 2019 :
    yeah, wireless charging, is nice, I personalty don't like it because is daium slow, at-least it used to be on my LG G7, the tech is still only in a few devices and didn't really took of, friends of mine stand behind it one of them has a wireless charging plate on the night stand and it just charges the device overnight, anotherone has a restaurant near his workplace that has wireless integrated in their tables, and since he found out he only eats (and charges) there.... anyway this is not a diss or something, to each, whatever, yes fast charge from OnePlus is the best, I mean I usually just plug when I wake up, while I shower or eat or brush my teeth and in no time, boom! full charge, the only downside is that fast is only enabled with OnePlus official brick and cable (no Samsung, LG or Huawei compatible for fastcharge work..I've tested), you will rarely find one at one of your friend, or pubs, or work, and also I dont see the use of a fragiale glass back plate if there is no wireless charging, glass back is in no way premium, and if it has no function other than beauty ... idk (metal, or ceramic way better), just some thoughts that came to mind...cheers

Samuelodan, Jammin619 and Saliou like this.
  16. Impersonal Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 29, 2019

any secret treasure map on the back?
    also your only one grey hair bothers me more than it should

17. alteredtech Eclair Apr 29, 2019

alteredtech, Apr 29, 2019 :
    Lol it seems to be just a blueprint. I blame engineering school and my poor choice of women for these grey hairs
    1556567107160.jpg

18. Impersonal Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 29, 2019

alteredtech

Lol it seems to be just a blueprint. I blame engineering school and my poor choice of women for these grey hairs
    View attachment 1007945

I wonder what they mean by "no random music", I prefer my women as my OnePlus devices, fragile and affordable :)
    ps: the grey hair looks good on you,

19. meatandy Oreo Apr 29, 2019

meatandy, Apr 29, 2019 :
    Allow me to run to the news stand and take a look .

BRB

Edit , I couldn't find a NY Times anywhere , what's the world coming too ? :eek:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019

20. H1542153384332 Gingerbread Apr 29, 2019

H1542153384332, Apr 29, 2019 :
    you are going to price yourself out of business. I'll switch from OnePlus back to Apple. On Twitter your customer service sucks BTW.