OnePlus at SHOWFIELDS - First chance to buy the OnePlus 7T

1. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Sep 30, 2019

Ruby G. , Sep 30, 2019 :
    SHOWFIELDS HEADER.png

Friends,

You may have noticed that we’re taking a novel approach to this device launch. Continuing on this creative bent, we’re hosting our one and only US pop-up in House of SHOWFIELDS. This two-floor experience will be unlike any pop-up OnePlus has held before. Before I get too deep in the details, here’s what you need to know for the big day.

OnePlus 7T Pop-up at House of SHOWFIELDS
    1 Bond St, New York, NY 10012
    Friday, October 11
    3PM -10PM

First 100 to purchase will get a voucher for the Bullets Wireless 2.
    Next 400 will receive Bullets Type-C earphones.

Dubbed “most interesting store in the world,” SHOWFIELDS is an unconventional retail space that immerses you into the world of each product. While you wait to get inside, we’ll be passing out limited-edition OnePlus treats (very Instagram-friendly, I assure you) and swag on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once inside, you’ll be invited upstairs to the device demo area, where you’ll be able to buy an unlocked OnePlus 7T device before sales open to rest of America on October 18.

After you’ve made your purchase, head downstairs to find the OnePlus experiential space. Getting there will feel a bit like Alice in the Wonderland, as you’ll need to wander through array of rooms with brands in character. This longer-standing exhibit at SHOWFIELDS is filled with fun details and interaction points. Here’s three of them to get you started in your search:
    • Future phone suggestion board
    • Interactive phone experience
    • Projection art
    If you snap any photos from OnePlus at SHOWFIELDS, share your experience on this thread or the upcoming recap for a chance to win a free OnePlus 7T accessory of your choice!

2. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Sep 30, 2019

The1Lion , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Can't make it to NYC, can you buy one for me and ship it? :p:D

Starcommander and meatandy like this.
  3. KC1294
    Eclair Sep 30, 2019

Starcommander and BreIvette like this.
  4. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Sep 30, 2019

The1Lion , Sep 30, 2019 :
    I believe popups are unlocked and not T-Mobile. If it were T-Mobile it would probably had been at a T-Mobile store.

meatandy likes this.
  5. KC1294
    Eclair Sep 30, 2019

KC1294 , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Thanks. I went to a TMobile to get the 6T early but ended up with the TMobile bootloader unlocked version. That's why I wondered which is.

6. Ruby G.

Ruby G. , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Just bolded the word "unlocked" in the text, it's easy to miss ha. Hope to see you there!

7. Ruby G.

Ruby G. , Sep 30, 2019 :
    giphy.gif

8. KC1294
    Eclair Sep 30, 2019

KC1294 , Sep 30, 2019 :

Ruby G.

Just bolded the word "unlocked" in the text, it's easy to miss ha. Hope to see you there!​

I'll be there Ruby my eyes didn't read for UNLOCKED haha

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019

Starcommander and Ruby G. like this.
  9. meatandy
    Oreo Sep 30, 2019

meatandy , Sep 30, 2019 :
    I'll be there in spirit.

keithnyc, Starcommander and Ruby G. like this.
  10. S1541890911525
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2019

11. sxegti
    Eclair Oct 1, 2019

12. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 1, 2019

13. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Oct 1, 2019

Ruby G. , Oct 1, 2019 :
    No ticket required! Just come the day of, the earlier the better.

keithnyc and sxegti like this.
  14. Ruby G.

keithnyc likes this.
  15. bhaumikbheda
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2019

bhaumikbheda , Oct 1, 2019 :
    I really wish I lived in NYC!! Missing all the fun w/the strong OnePlus Community based there! Looking forward to see all the wonderful pictures from the pop-up event.

keithnyc and Ruby G. like this.
  16. Ippolito1971 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Almond , Oct 1, 2019 :
    I have really wanted to attend a device launch event and was hoping this one would fit my schedule but sadly it will not. I'll certainly watch anything that's broadcast though and look forward to a future event. thanks for the amazing devices and the dedication to Android as well as the OnePlus user base.

keithnyc likes this.
  17. Ruby G.

Ruby G. , Oct 1, 2019 :
    Ahh thanks for the nice message! You can watch the US OnePlus 7T Launch video here:

keithnyc and Ippolito1971 like this.
  18. johnhart
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2019

johnhart , Oct 1, 2019 :
    I'm torn.

On the one hand I get why OnePlus does this bad @$$ Apple like "Aren't we the coolest?" marketing. To challenge cool you must go all in as even cooler. I get it.

But on the other hand it's just a new cult. And if the entire cult thing worked for me I'd still use iPhone.

So it's a tricky thing. But I find myself constantly eyeing less expensive phones that get the job done. Which, with the OP3, is how I found OnePlus in the first place.

Y'all need a $399 good enough phone. The Mi 9T with an extra $100 for the cool factor.

19. Ippolito1971 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Almond , Oct 1, 2019 :
    very interesting approach to a launch. definitely staying on the cutting edge side of things. thanks for sharing that the bigger question is.....will there be a OnePlus 7T Pro variant?

20. Bobby_Rivera
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2019

Ruby G. likes this.