Oneplus AT&T

1. DrPotatologist Cupcake Dec 19, 2018

DrPotatologist, Dec 19, 2018 :
    I was just wondering, what are the chances that the Oneplus 7 or another Oneplus phone launching on AT&T like they have on T-Mobile this year?

2. Neddard Lollipop Dec 19, 2018

Neddard, Dec 19, 2018 :
    No one here would be able to say, and I think OnePlus would hold that pretty tightly secret.

DrPotatologist likes this.
  3. DrPotatologist Cupcake Dec 19, 2018

DrPotatologist, Dec 19, 2018 :
    Yea I was just wondering if a leak or something had come out and I didn't know about it

JackieLeo likes this.
  4. felipemendes Jelly Bean Dec 19, 2018

felipemendes, Dec 19, 2018 :
    There's no such thing as "leak", there's only information the company (Oneplus or another) want to spread informally, without commitment.

Knowing AT&T, either the phone would be a better seller or exclusive phone to be launched by them. Not likely going to happen. And I gave up AT&T long ago anyways. Too expensive.

Networkdood lives and Kdathe like this.
  5. Derrik Brozovich Honeycomb Dec 21, 2018

Derrik Brozovich, Dec 21, 2018 :
    I honestly hope not. I think OnePlus should keep it an exclusive with T-Mobile as it fits not only OP's exclusivity but also goes hand in hand with T-Mobile's message and UnCarrir vibe. I'd really hate to see OP spread outside of TMO in the US.

DrPotatologist likes this.
  6. Deactivated User Dec 28, 2018

otto2 and DrPotatologist like this.
  7. Coastie Honeycomb Dec 29, 2018

Coastie, Dec 29, 2018 :
    Yup, that's what I do (OnePlus One via Cricket Wireless) In the US, we have so many MVNO choices, there really should be no carrier branded phones, just unlocked phones everywhere.

Deactivated User likes this.
  8. Kdathe Donut Jan 10, 2019

Kdathe, Jan 10, 2019 :
    I would rather see OP stay separate from all US Providers. Don't like the bloat ware that they place on it

dubbaYous, Jontalk5 and otto2 like this.
  9. jayanyway US Brand Ambassador Jan 15, 2019

jayanyway, Jan 15, 2019 :
    Well if it were to come out to other carriers, that would be a good move for OnePlus to grow the company user base. Not everyone is impatiently waiting for updates to kick out each month (like myself) nor concerned about bloatware carriers place. Some customers just want a premium phone at a not so premium price and be able to find it at a local store. And with in house support like visiting a carrier store would be a lot easier for a lot of customers vs the ones who search forums for help.

10. Kdathe Donut Jan 15, 2019

Kdathe, Jan 15, 2019 :
    I agree with what you say, I just don't want OP to become like the other guys. I love this phone, ans it's price point. don't want to see that disappear.

11. jayanyway US Brand Ambassador Jan 15, 2019

jayanyway, Jan 15, 2019 :
    I feel you. Price increase is inevitable tho. Add more features, price goes up. I just hope we never hit the $800+ range. Hell, anything over $650 is breaking my bank lol

12. Kdathe Donut Jan 15, 2019

13. caicopley Gingerbread May 5, 2019

caicopley, May 5, 2019 :
    why have them carry a carrier-locked device? if you need financing, get a personal loan. you'll get you're updates much faster. can more easily root, if you find cheaper (or better!) service else where you can port your number easily.

otto2 likes this.
  14. Vansh99 Ice Cream Sandwich May 5, 2019

Vansh99, May 5, 2019 :
    Damn this thread just got revived after 3 months, don't bump old posts please...

Also in US at least, people prefer financing via carrier over buying unlocked.

TGardner likes this.
  15. krazor8x Eclair Jun 4, 2019

krazor8x, Jun 4, 2019 :
    Att(which is what I have) were confused af when I called to add my new oneplus 7 pro to my insurance plan.. Didn't even know what the phone was... And said it would work... Which I k ow it work cause I've used the 3t and 5t tried to tell me it was locked to tmobile...

16. Jontalk5 Froyo Jun 23, 2019

Jontalk5, Jun 23, 2019 :
    Having owned a couple of AT&T branded phones, I prefer non-branded for good reasons: NO bloat ware! My last Samsung was so loaded with the carrier and manufacturer apps, it left little space for anything else and slowed the phone down dramatically. I use my 5T with AT&T prepaid and LOVE its performance WITHOUT the stupid bloat :)

dubbaYous likes this.
  17. Bones.Marley Gingerbread Jul 19, 2019

Bones.Marley, Jul 19, 2019 :
    T-Mobile used to do that towards the beginning of the smart phone era.. but as time's passed they've gotten dramatically better. On my 7 Pro it was just the usual google apps and 3 Tmobile apps, one of which is 344kb and the biggest one of 59mb. When you include this community app and OP switch, couldn't scroll the app drawer cause it was barely half of one page. I'd say that's not bad at all

Jontalk5, dubbaYous and TGardner like this.
  18. dubbaYous Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 23, 2019

dubbaYous, Jul 23, 2019 :
    I always hated AT&T bloatware, so for the last several years I have purchased unlocked phones and use mvno (net 10 since they use AT&T towers).

Jontalk5 and roarwolfy like this.
  19. roarwolfy Cupcake Jul 24, 2019

roarwolfy, Jul 24, 2019 :
    Another reason I finally decided to make a move to non carrier branded phones is to rid myself of all that useless bloatware I never used ever on at&t. Honestly, I would love to move to t-mobile or verizon but the rest of my family wants to stay on at&t sadly.

Jontalk5 likes this.
  20. Bones.Marley Gingerbread Jul 24, 2019

Bones.Marley, Jul 24, 2019 :
    Not going to lie, using T-Mo I always get good signal, but if I venture down some rabbit hole and end up dumb far off in the boonies, then it sucks (only complaint). Cities and rurual areas are fine though. Plus I get Netflix 100% free. What I was paying before adding Netflix is what I still pay now which is cool considering I pay for Hulu and Prime Video so I'll take the savings. Best part is it's not a 6 months or 1or2 free yrs (like other carriers), it's an as long as I have the same plan I have now kinda deal which I confirmed in store, phone, and online. You can always try using free Netflix as bait to get your fams to switch lol

roarwolfy likes this.