OnePlus Availability

1. danmendes
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

danmendes , Apr 23, 2014 :
    Now that the presentation is done and the website is up, it is clear that the One will be available in three Stages:

1. 100 Smash - Will get the OnePlus before/around May 25
    2. Customers with Invite - Will get their phone Mid/End June.
    3. Customers with Invite and General Availability - Mid/End July/August

So 2/4 months before the phone is actually available. This would be one thing that i would change, plus the size of the phone as already been mentioned, but perhaps the design will overcome that dimensional problem.

@Pete @Carl
    I would not mind paying extra 20-30€ to get Express 2-5 days delivery, instead of 10-15 days, so if it's possible to add that checkout option, MRW works great in Europe at least Spain/Portugal with 2 day delivery.

EDIT: From FAQ Shipping
    • Standard: 5-7 business days
    • Express: 3-7 calendar days
    EDIT 2: Since people keep asking where the dates come from... here are teh slides from the presentation with the dates
    "First off date] [
    official line 300 1 yuan trial experience May 5 open (no reservations). To thank all the refueling, the first mobile phone retail version will be a plus, "Come Forum Session" on May 21 in the first sale. The first official sales Time: May 28."
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014

bhotE, nathanluxford, Konzure and 6 others like this.
  2. Wade Morris
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2014

3. Deactivated User
    Apr 23, 2014

4. danmendes
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

There are only 16 countries right now, so you can use a proxy service from one of the 16 countries and ship it to South Africa, other than that I think you will have no luck.

Johanr111, aj8600, Danial and 3 others like this.
  5. virgil1981
    KitKat Apr 23, 2014

virgil1981 , Apr 23, 2014 :
    If I have to wait 2-3 months I might as well wait for the nexus 6. Kinda disappointed in waiting for the reveal only to probably have to wait another couple of months.

6. danmendes
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

Unfortunatly i can't wait that long, but it's definetly the price to beat right now, it's alot of machine for a small price.

7. danmendes
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

Indeed. I don't think you will se the Nexus 6 that soon, but you will have to wait and see... I really have no idea if Google plans to continue to release the Nexus phones with phones like the Opo coming out at even lower prices with better features. Does not make much sense, since Google is not a hardware company.

8. forgotten
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2014

forgotten , Apr 23, 2014 :
    if they release late they will have to accept that their adversaries will drop prices and have better specs ;) xiaomi mi3 64gb is an example of what will happen if they release late

9. virgil1981
    KitKat Apr 23, 2014

I'd rather spend more money on any of the other phones coming out then to wait forever for a phone. If they aren't saying a ballpark figure if stock its most likely low.

KrazyKing likes this.
  10. skjervennen
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2014

11. danmendes
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

Xiaomi are not in international markets right now, and margins are already pretty low, these companies make 30-50$ profit (10-15%), the OnePlus I don't think they will have that much profit, they must be running close to cost, so they have to be super extra careful with inventory.

So it would be good to see LG, Sony, Smasung frop their prices, but chinese phonemakers are already running at very little profit, it works as long as there is volume... but they have to be very very careful with inventory.

12. sharky
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2014

13. danmendes
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

That is unkown so far. Hopefully it will be explained on the 25th, but still, it will be about 2/4 months before people even with invites to get this phone.

14. mamosixx
    Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2014

mamosixx , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I missed parts of the coverage. So is OP really asking people to break their current phones for a OPO? Is the phone guaranteed or do you "get a chance" to win the device? Did they mention how or when to receive invites? Thanks

akathistos likes this.
  15. Sam
    Donut Apr 23, 2014

16. forgotten
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2014

forgotten , Apr 23, 2014 :
    well i was following tech for many years and i ve been a reviewer and criticizer too i dont have any affliction to a company ,i just use them and write if i like a device or not and why ,xiaomi needs to release devices in a good timetable ,one plus one as a start up company i wait to see but i was dissapointed in ouya as an early baker ,so hope it is not like this ,you must not win your place in market ,you must earn it

17. danmendes
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

From what i understand there is a subscruption list for the 100 at 1$ smash contest, the Invite system again was not explained at all, they replaced one countdown clock with another and that is pretty much what was revealed.

If things make sense, I am pretty much sure that the 100 people to get the One at 1$ will also be the ones that can start to send Invites, but that is a best guess.

18. danmendes
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2014

They don't have stock, and for such a small start-up company they have to have orders before ramping up production. They can't risk to have 10.000 units in stock, their profit margins must be close to zero, so it's a very dangerous way to run a business.

19. virgil1981
    KitKat Apr 23, 2014

Looks like the oppo is looking better. Its more money but at least you get stuff with the preorder.

algendyh likes this.
  20. bigto
    Eclair Apr 23, 2014

bigto , Apr 23, 2014 :
    I fully appreciate that they must be wary of stock and so they have come up with the competitions, then the invites..... then general sale.
    But July/ August seems like a long time to wait if we don't get a invite. I'm not put off by the size that much but cause of the availability, I know I may lose interest by then.