OnePlus Band Feedback and Suggestions

1. Eric L.
    Product Manager Staff Member Feb 7, 2021

Eric L. , Feb 7, 2021 :
    Hi Community friends,

With the release of the OnePlus Band in India, we got a lot of feedback and suggestions from you. We do know the product isn't perfect, and we're focusing all our efforts on updating the Band's firmware and the Health App in order to let you have a better user experience.

In the past 3 weeks, we released 2 OTA updates a new Health App version, improving pairing, battery drain, and fixing data syncing issues. For our next step, we will try our best to keep improving other aspects, such as step tracking, sleep tracking, etc.

As such, we’d like to invite you to describe how you feel about the band.

If you feel the band is good, we'd like to invite you to share the Band's upsides in this thread. We'd also love for you to share your thoughts with your friends and family. Leaving your reviews on Amazon, Flipkart, and other channels to let more users know about our product would also help us greatly.

On the other hand, if you think the Band still doesn't meet your expectations, we kindly ask you to describe in more detail the issues you face, which can help us better understand the problem and improve the Band's performance. We have a few templates for some questions below.

For pairing issues,
    This is the Pairing Instruction, hope it can help you.
    1. What’s your phone's model?
    2. When pairing the band, which step were you stuck on?

For step tracking issues,
    1. Do you compare OnePlus Band with another band?
    2. In which scenario do you find the step tracking not to be accurate?

For sleep tracking issues,
    1. What is the deviation between sleep data shown in the app and your actual real sleep time?
    2. Is the deviation under half an hour or is it more (a few hours)?
    3. How often does the issue occur?

For feedback on the Band and Health App features,
    1. What feature do you want to have and which page (Including Icon, UI, UX, graph, etc) do you think we can improve?

For the weather update issue
    You can enable "Allow all the time" for the Health app by pressing and holding the app and tapping "App Info" - "Permission" - "Location" - "Allow all the time" to get the weather information.

For other issues, you can also reply based on your user experience.

Looking forward to hearing your voice because it’s really important for us. Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Eric Liang

2. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Feb 8, 2021

Nipu_1998 , Feb 8, 2021 :
    Thank you @Eric L. for constantly hearing to user reviews.
    I have been using the band for a couple of weeks now.
    During the initial days, the major issue felt was the sub-par battery life, but after the recent update, seems like the battery life have been improved. ( Will test that thoroughly and update the comment)

The following features if added would be nice additions
    1. Scheduled SPO2 monitoring at regular intervals as like the heart rate.
    2. Oneplus band and phone integration, so that the phone can be unlocked when the band is in close proximity to the phone.
    3. Standby mode to suspend the activities of the band and put the band into a sleep mode when not in use.
    4. Woman health tracking features can be implemented via software updates.
    5. more watchfaces for the band
    6. smart reply feature to notificationa

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021

Sharath957, Nikk25, palc and 12 others like this.
  3. rayprayas03
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 8, 2021

4. G.Sai Vaibhav
    Donut Feb 8, 2021

6. Sumit393
    Froyo Feb 8, 2021

7. NotDrDonce
    Donut Feb 8, 2021

NotDrDonce , via OnePlus 7 , Feb 8, 2021 :
    How stress can be monitored? Im just curious..

Aarav Sahni likes this.
  8. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9 Series Feb 8, 2021

Nipu_1998 , Feb 8, 2021 :
    Stress Level is found based on a user's Heart-Rate Variability.

9. 303276697017
    Gingerbread Feb 8, 2021

10. bhojanepratik
    Froyo Feb 8, 2021

bhojanepratik , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 8, 2021 :
    I would suggest that you wait for the Honor Band 6 to launch. Honor Watch' ES is also a good option but it's a bit pricey.

shreya0726 likes this.
  11. Pr@neeth_
    Cupcake Feb 8, 2021

G.Madhusudhan likes this.
  12. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2021

sumitMZ007 , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 8, 2021 :
    I think band shouldn't be launched since hype was and still is for OnePlus smartwatch! In band Market there is huge range Available from many companies like, xiomi,realme,honor, samsung, fitbit,oppo,etc which are way ahead because they started early! For me small display with thick bezel and charging mechanism was deal breaker so didn't buy! But I'm very excited for the smartwatch!

13. srini0301
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2021

srini0301 , Feb 8, 2021 :
    @Eric L. I just wanted to know one thing about the brand , coming from phones to accessories I see many testers in the community naming with the tags OnePlus accessory testers , if wearables/accessories/phones are coming out from the brand there will be lots of testing process involved there for smooth running of software with desired gagdet . But in OnePlus users has to report n keep on doing unofficial testing instead of enjoying the device they bought , how fair is this ? Phones line up are coming up in full swing , but bugs resolution percentage is like 20 to 30 % . If op release an update I see 100 pages of bugs reporting all over it , what happened to testing and Quality team ? This isn't a good sign for the brand .

☮️

Starcommander likes this.
  14. W1608143493262 , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 8, 2021 :
    Ok

15. shahi14323

16. kushal__12

Mr_Anil_kumar and Pankaj_gowda like this.
  17. chai_ravipati
    Eclair Feb 8, 2021

G.Madhusudhan and rasulkhan7 like this.
  18. Harikrishna_@123 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Feb 8, 2021 :
    Some problems I'll facing....in one plus Nord......
    1.1hr I'll use my camera...next step it's automatically screen offed.....🤷‍♂️
    2.ill buy neck band ..... some Times it's properly not working 3. battery back up totally worst.....in this nord mobile so.... please fix the bugs......

19. EbyPrasad7
    Gingerbread Feb 8, 2021

yijiayijia likes this.
  20. H1604598510901
    Cupcake Feb 8, 2021

H1604598510901 , Feb 8, 2021 :
    I use one Plus since past three months or so. I don't find ways to add folders in the mail box until I got a IPad
    I could create New folders and use it everyday.

can you improve your system to let one Plus create new folders.
    Thanks & Regards.
    R j Bhatia, Mumbai, India.