OnePlus Band Strap keeps breaking

1. divyamsuperb
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2021

divyamsuperb , Nov 20, 2021 :
    I got a OP band in February this year and the strap seems to be so poorly designed that it just keeps on breaking every 3-4 months.

I've already replaced the bands twice (original straps) and it doesn't make sense for me to buy a strap again and again for a Rs. 2.5K band! I've already spent more than Rs. 800 on straps. The strap breaks from the same place every time.

I'm seriously considering moving to Apple even though it's going to burn a bigger hole in my pocket, just for the value of the health devices there.

2. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Nov 20, 2021

Liehjan , Nov 20, 2021 :
    You can look into 3rd party bands if the official ones if breaking.

3. divyamsuperb
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2021

divyamsuperb , Nov 22, 2021 :
    Hey all!

My wife got me a OnePlus band along with an OP 8T in February this year and it's been almost 8 months since I've been using it. While I have zero complaints about my OP 8T, I am very unhappy with the band, especially the band strap.

I've replaced the strap two times and it keeps breaking from the same place. It's not easily replaced given the availability and the price. I can't keep spending Rs. 1K/annum on band straps, makes no sense, right?

Usage: I wear it almost everywhere, except swimming/bath. I do wear it to sleep and gym/badminton.

Are there any quick fixes available for this? I don't want to try fevikwik, it's going to make my strap more brittle. IMG_20211122_130419.jpg IMG_20211122_130419.jpg

4. divyamsuperb
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2021

divyamsuperb , Nov 22, 2021 :
    Can you point to some quality ones available in India?
    Isn't it a bit counter-intuitive that the official ones break and 3rd party wouldn't? There must be a trade-off, right?

Pothula Vinay likes this.
  5. Gor.
    New Star of Community Award 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Gor. , Nov 22, 2021 :
    Hey there,

Please continue your discussion in an already existing thread that you created earlier:

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-band-strap-keeps-breaking.1520027/#post-23818901

I would try using a cello tape or a black tape (the ones used by plumbers) and see if it helps. I have used the clear cello tapes ;). The drawback is of course the glue leftovers and applying a new tape daily or every time you remove the band/watch.

6. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Nov 22, 2021

Liehjan , Nov 22, 2021 :
    I don't have a recommendation, but looking at Amazon the brand ILOFT looks decent.

7. asimo5050
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2021

8. rasulkhan7
    Gingerbread Nov 25, 2021

9. rasulkhan7
    Gingerbread Nov 25, 2021