OnePlus Battle of Ringtones

1. Daniel D.
    Community Team Staff Member Sep 11, 2021

Daniel D. , Sep 11, 2021 :
    BoR final.gif While not the easiest contests to enter, creative contests are definitely the most rewarding ones to host. These contests allow our users to shine through, and we’re surprised by you each time we hold one. Whether it’s wallpapers, merchandise, or even a TV design, your creative spirits always generate true works of art.

Our recent ZenSound campaign – where we invited you to submit soothing sounds and music created by yourself – inspired us to bring a new challenge to you,

We know that ringtone creation is uncharted territory for many of you, but we want to ensure that anyone – amateur or pro – can have a shot at winning this contest! Your efforts may win you the OnePlus Buds Pro, our newest noise-canceling earbuds. What’s more, all valid entries will get a prize, so there’s no valid reason for you not to try your luck!
    • Feel like designing a melody for a ringtone is too hard? Don’t worry! You can participate in the notification sound category instead! You can take inspiration in the sounds around you (or even record them with the built-in recorder app)
    • Have a melody in your head but not quite sure how to turn it into reality? Check below for some tips and tricks to get you started!
    • Convinced already and ready to go? Check the rules below and start working on your entry!
    How do I participate?
    • Prepare your amazing creation. If you’re new to audio creation, you can find some easy ways to start in the “Tips and tricks” section.
    • Upload your ringtone or notification sound (under 5 seconds) to Google Drive. Alternatively, you can use YouTube. Either way, make sure to save the original file, you’ll need it if you’re selected as a winner.
    • Submit your entry here. Make sure to fill all fields correctly and double-check if your share link is public. CLOSED
    What are the rules?
    • Ringtones and notifications sounds must be your own creation.
    • There is no maximum length for ringtones, but we recommend them to be under 30 seconds.
    • If you’re selected as a winner, you must provide the original file and any relevant source files to be eligible for the prize.
    • The contest will run from now to September 24, 23:59 HKT GMT+8.
    • The entries will be ranked by the OnePlus Community team for prize attribution.
    • Standard terms and conditions apply
    What do I win?
    • The best 2 ringtone entries will receive our brand-new OnePlus Buds Pro.
    • The best notification sound entry will receive our brand-new OnePlus Buds Pro.
    • The top 10 valid entries will receive 500 RP, and all other valid entries will be rewarded with 100 raffle points. You can use RP in our regular raffles to win prizes or save them for our special raffles with guaranteed prizes.
    ENTER NOW CLOSED

Tips and tricks (and helpful links)
    • Designing a ringtone can be as easy or as hard as you want. There are ways even an uninitiated (like myself) can start creating. Music Lab’s Song Maker is the perfect starting point. Running directly from Chrome, it allows you to create a melody in seconds.
    • Still too much of a hassle? You can simply use the built-in audio recorder to prepare a notification sound.
    • Feel adventurous? There are other more advanced Chrome-based music studios like Audiotool and Soundation. Both have great tutorials for you to get your way around.
    • If you prefer to prepare a ringtone on Android, Soundtrap by Spotify is a great place to start, but the Play Store is your playground.
    • If you’d rather use your computer, there are even more options to try whether you’re team OSX – with Garageband – or team Windows – like FL Studio‘s free trial.
    • And if you need help turning an audio file into a YouTube video, this might help.

2. Daniel D.
    Community Team Staff Member Sep 13, 2021

Stickied Post
    Daniel D. , Sep 13, 2021 :
    Hello friends, thanks to @dsmonteiro for putting together the "Tips and Tricks" section. Feeling inspired, the creative side of me was invoked and I made a ringtone which you can check out here! Let me know what you think :D

We've also prepared some ringtones you can use as an inspiration, you can find and download them from here.

3. Daniel D.
    Community Team Staff Member Sep 26, 2021

Stickied Post
    Daniel D. , Sep 26, 2021 :
    Hello Guys,

We will announce the winners by September 28th. We will be going through the entries piece by piece and shortlisting to our Jury for final selection. *plugs in TWS*

Stay tuned!

Starcommander, SRD., Overzee and 22 others like this.
  4. Daniel D.
    Community Team Staff Member Sep 29, 2021

Stickied Post
    Daniel D. , Sep 29, 2021 :
    *plugs out TWS*

It was delightful to hear so many great tunes from you! I appreciate the users who participated in our contest – we had an immense number of high-quality entries, making the selection process incredibly hard for us.

Congratulations to the following on providing the best entries in the respective categories.
    • You can use RP in our regular raffles to win prizes or save them for our special raffles with guaranteed prizes.
    We will reach out to the winners to collect shipping information, in addition, we will also share the tunes from the Top 2 ringtone entries + notification sound entries in a later post.

5. Navdeep_Malik
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Sep 11, 2021

6. BhavyaMehta0786
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 11, 2021

7. McJader
    Marshmallow Sep 11, 2021

WakeAwake, SRD., Giovanni_S and 3 others like this.
  8. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Sep 11, 2021

camohan , Sep 11, 2021 :
    Killer Ringtone as in the ringtone that kills?

BTW update song could be a killer Ringtone for sure.

9. psygarden
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Sep 11, 2021

10. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Sep 11, 2021

11. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Sep 11, 2021

Dresa91 , Sep 11, 2021 :
    Nice one @Daniel D. :)
    Good luck everyone:)

12. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Sep 11, 2021

13. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Sep 11, 2021

14. Young_Blood
    KitKat Sep 11, 2021

Overzee and Dresa91 like this.
  15. Dhruv Kashyap
    Jelly Bean Sep 11, 2021

16. Jampolaytis
    Donut Sep 11, 2021

17. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Sep 11, 2021

Overzee , Sep 11, 2021 :
    Awesome new contest! Thanks @Daniel D., looking forward to some great tunes. Good luck to everyone competing 🍀

18. Iamhasannaqvi

P1624300897888 and HarshKK14 like this.
  19. C1624788922607
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2021

20. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 11, 2021

Starcommander , Sep 11, 2021 :
    Ooo prizes for all. I like this one!

Tower-1., Dresa91, WakeAwake and 3 others like this.
  21. Himanshu.Behera

Himanshu.Behera , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 11, 2021 :
    Hey @Daniel D. I am little bit confused.
    Is there 2 categories for all the participants (i.e. ringtones and notification tone) to participate or just one - all of the participants need to submit only one tone and OP team will judge in two categories. 🤔

TibiTibi, Dresa91, WakeAwake and 3 others like this.
  22. McJader
    Marshmallow Sep 11, 2021

McJader , Sep 11, 2021 :
    You should submit it!

Dresa91, WakeAwake and SRD. like this.
  23. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Sep 11, 2021

Shailender Sharma, Dresa91 and SRD. like this.