Oneplus black vs Tetrax

1. peteplus
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2014

peteplus , Aug 8, 2014 :
    Just a heads up to users of Tetrax car mounts (which I personally use and recommend..).

The back of the 64gb black is as you are aware made of "cashew", or black sandstone, or whatever you want to call it.

Now this is obviously some sort of applied (sprayed on?) covering onto the plastic back cover. And it is nice, a good choice by Oneplus.

Just be aware if you use a Tetrax holder like me, this sandstone covering is not designed for having stuff stuck onto it. Such as the little metal circles that are needed for the Tetrax system. I'm not sure if the sandstone covering is not adapted to sticky stuff, or if the top layers come away when something stuck to it is pulled off with force.

Yesterday, after a week of working OK, the phone came off the car mount and left the "tetrax metal circle thing" stuck to the mount. If this had happened at the wrong moment, you can probably imagine the disaster. Cracked screen and a major car accident killing a large number of innocents. Not to mention years of therapy to prepare to re-enter the invite process.

The solution is of course simple. Get some of your favourite generic "super" glue and add a dab to the back of the "metal circle thing". It's holding fast for the moment for me.

2. gsminhas1
    Froyo Aug 8, 2014

gsminhas1 , Aug 8, 2014 :
    Thanks for letting us know! I been looking for rugged cover for 1+. SO far nothing in the market.

kk5 likes this.
  3. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat Aug 8, 2014

4. Twanne
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2014

Twanne , Nov 2, 2014 :
    Thanks for the info, love the Tetrax system for my iPhone.
    A good option would be to put the metal disc on a case.

5. YouriT
    Cupcake Apr 11, 2015

YouriT , Apr 11, 2015 :
    Waiting mine, I will try something else than the super glue on my side.
    Will put some nail varnish on a little part (the size of the circle) to be able to stick the Tetrax square. Will let you know if it works :)

6. dipinrajan
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2015