OnePlus Blacklists Tech reviewers!

1. MarcioReis87 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2018

MarcioReis87, Jan 13, 2018 :
    OnePlus doesn't spend a lot of money on marketing's, we all know that. But what I didn't know is that OnePlus blacklisted tech reviewers who mentioned some negative aspects about their phones or support in the past, namely when the OnePlus 2 launched.
    I came across this video (will provide the link below) that right in the start he mentioned all that. At the end he said that the OnePlus 5T is his favourite phone of 2017. Kudos for the reviewer.
    Tech reviewers who just say positive points about OnePlus devices get the Tech review package before launch while other, who actually express their honest opinions are blacklisted and have to buy the device themselves and review them later.
    1515841261923.jpg

By doing that, the fake Tech reviewers get promoted on YouTube by uploading their fake opinions first thus getting more views. To be honest, all of those tech reviewers just say the same nice things about the device by not mentioning it's flaws, hiding it from potencial buyers, praising the camera quality (who knows, they may even put fake images taken by dslr and making us believe it's taken from the OnePlus 5t)

I don't agree with that marketing scheme by OnePlus and I want that OnePlus recognizes that every opinion matters, even if it's negative towards one or two things.
    OnePlus should learn and take into account those things and just make the next smartphone better.

Here's the link to the video:

2. Subhajit Hajra Honeycomb Jan 13, 2018

3. ViW1p Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2018

ViW1p, Jan 13, 2018 :
    I saw it too... it does not mean anything at all...

4. izzykasha KitKat Jan 13, 2018

izzykasha, Jan 13, 2018 :
    so basically what every other phone manufacturer does then.

this is not something new most android phone makers have been doing this since the YouTube boom

5. MarcioReis87 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2018

ye, so, if other manufactures does that that, OnePlus should too? the guy got every Samsung device, every apple device to review. so not every manufacture does that and I'm not ok. That's false advertising made indirectly by OnePlus and that practise should stop.
    who knows, in 5 years you guys are going to buy a pen for 200 dollars because some YouTuber says it had infinite ink, but doesn't mention that you have to recharge it.

6. lgp Honeycomb Jan 13, 2018

lgp, Jan 13, 2018 :
    Might spread that to users too, who were critical in the past and never win anything at raffles now. :XX

7. MarcioReis87 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2018

8. varun2803 Honeycomb Jan 13, 2018

9. ViW1p Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2018

ViW1p, Jan 13, 2018 :
    My point is simple... Companies have their strategy and ways to operate - they did it, and it cannot be changed.

So what is the point to speak about it?

Kuntarvishnu41 likes this.
  10. MarcioReis87 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2018

yup, just let this continue and who knows the next Nokia 3310 will have a dslr camers for 100 bucks, and everybody including you will believe it because there's no proof saying otherwise. same strategy is applied by DXOmark who gave the Nokia 8 a score of 68 points and the OnePlus 5 did 87. Looking at pictures up close from a friend's Nokia 8, and the pictures are pretty much on par with any lighting scenario's.
    And you are totally ok with that because the media said so

Hydra Bob and malidan like this.
  11. izzykasha KitKat Jan 13, 2018

I never trust the reviews

the best review is your own and when you buy then phone you have 14 days to return it for a full refund

so rather than relying on the fanboy YouTube reviewers given everything for free and posting a 15 min video I trust my own review.

anyone that moans after 14 days it's your own fault that's plenty of time to test out the major functions you use of the phone most

I don't care how a company advertises even the biggest companies have been caught doing borderline things with advertising/bribes/salve labour it's just a part of life.

don't be so naive oneplus buyers and never believe a YouTube poster fully they are after two things your subscription and money

Hydra Bob, haimgreenberg and rvirex like this.
  12. clogger Froyo Jan 13, 2018

clogger, Jan 13, 2018 :
    Unfortunately not every where has the same 14 day refund policy.

MarcioReis87 likes this.
  13. IVishalGandhi Eclair Jan 13, 2018

IVishalGandhi, Jan 13, 2018 :
    tech reviewers who give negative feedback about OnePlus are biased towards other companies. this should be recognised.

drdebian likes this.
  14. MarcioReis87 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2018

you're right, you can return it but you pay to return it. you lose your precious time to do so.
    You have to wait weeks so you get the money back just because advertising were false. Do you know how many returned the phone because of the camera? Hell I don't know but I estimate at least 10-15% of all the people returned the phone because they were unsatisfied or because it wasn't what they were expecting.

The return policy is nice to have, hell, it's the law. If OnePlus could, that return policy was no more.
    Be grateful for our democracy

15. izzykasha KitKat Jan 13, 2018

look you are spending $500 on a phone, if it's not right the $10 to send it back insured post and a couple of hours us what you have to do if in 14 days the phone isn't right

this thread is about youtubers and companies(not just oneplus) sending free phones for good reviews.

my point is never trust these reviews...EVER!!!! unless you are a gullible fool. watch them then test for yourself the specs of the phone that are most important to you.

then if it's not right use the full refund terms and conditions.

it ain't rocket science and anyone complaining after 14 days we'll you should have been on your new spanky phone for two weeks making sure it does what you wanted and expected.

so stop crying and sell them on eBay and move on if u don't like the phones

Impulse_CK, Hydra Bob and MikeG247 like this.
  16. F_Martin_Jakobsen_eRgY Honeycomb Jan 13, 2018

F_Martin_Jakobsen_eRgY, Jan 13, 2018 :
    Every smarthphones had it pros and cons. What I dont like about This review ; he is referring to TrustPilot,they sucks. Not trust Worthy.

17. ViW1p Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2018

ViW1p, Jan 13, 2018 :
    Perhaps I did not explained myself properly.

I am not Ok with the media, and I get your point however we cannot do much about it.

I choose this device because it fitted my budget and needs - nothing more.

Hydra Bob and MarcioReis87 like this.
  18. Ed_88 Honeycomb Jan 13, 2018

Ed_88, Jan 13, 2018 :
    I don't claim to be an expert on the subject, but I'm pretty sure every tech reviewer I watched in 2015 criticized Oneplus for the lack of NFC and no real innovation. even Linus did it and they still invited him to their event this year.

I wouldn't worry about them blacklisting reviewers if I were you. rather I'd worry if they were sugar coating them, cause that's when you start hearing the praise for phones that don't deserve it.
    examples which come to mind are the Mate10 pro, or the Pixel 2. notice how people are suddenly making videos defending the screens of these phones recently.

in fact I was almost put off from buying the OP5 and 5T due to the negative reviews I saw about these two, but I'm glad I bought it in the end.

I'd rather if Oneplus blacklisted all tech reviewers, cause let the bastards buy their own phones instead of getting everything for free, this way their reviews can be trusted more. but I know from a business standpoint that would be suicide and I wouldn't do it if I were the CEO, so I understand.

rvirex, allisterr and MarcioReis87 like this.
  19. MarcioReis87 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2018

what about countries who don't have the 15 days return policy, besides Europe? India for example? once you buy, you're stuck with it. you can't just think about yourself. I'm European so I get your point.
    From what I see you're totally ok with that because you just don't care. It's because of people like you we live in a world full of lies and that everything just gets too expensive because what companies advertise is top premium quality when in reality you just got ripped of.
    Right now OnePlus is affordable, but what when it stops getting affordable? Then you will complain and I will love coming back to you and say, I told you so!

allisterr likes this.
  20. MarcioReis87 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2018

Ed_88

I don't claim to be an expert on the subject, but I'm pretty sure every tech reviewer I watched in 2015 criticized Oneplus for the lack of NFC and no real innovation. even Linus did it and they still invited him to their event this year.

I wouldn't worry about them blacklisting reviewers if I were you. rather I'd worry if they were sugar coating them, cause that's when you start hearing the praise for phones that don't deserve it.
    examples which come to mind are the Mate10 pro, or the Pixel 2. notice how people are suddenly making videos defending the screens of these phones recently.

in fact I was almost put off from buying the OP5 and 5T due to the negative reviews I saw about these two, but I'm glad I bought it in the end.

I'd rather if Oneplus blacklisted all tech reviewers, cause let the bastards buy their own phones instead of getting everything for free, this way their reviews can be trusted more. but I know from a business standpoint that would be suicide and I wouldn't do it if I were the CEO, so I understand.​

thank you for sharing your opinion. I totally agree

Deepak.Si, pa5t1s and Ed_88 like this.