OnePlus Buds - ISSUES noticed LIST via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Shivam_Murarka
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2020

Shivam_Murarka , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 1, 2020 :
    This thread is for everyone so the issues that people are facing and I'm facing personally can be added here as when it is noticed. This thread has reached over 4500+ views and I hope the OnePlus team looks into these concerns.

1598995351506.jpg

1) Music playing intermittently stops playing for a second or two and then comes back on. [ Note : The music does NOT pause in the actual sense, the track keeps on playing, but the audio isn't played by the buds ]

2) Buds' mic not working for some reason. The audio is being picked up the phone's microphone when using any application that is using the mic; such as calls, PUBG, video conferencing, recorder app, mic testing app.
    [ UPDATE : I visited the service centre and it was the same problem with the other Buds in store, and I was told to wait for a firmware update. ]

3) The device connected notification that appears shows the charge percentages, but the image/icon of the buds remain blank. I've attached a screenshot below.

1598973596807.jpg

4) User @rsing557 faces this problem : "I have an issue where the earbuds will disconnect from the phone during a phone call. Either it will just connect, or I get a loud buzzing noise and then disconnection. They do reconnect automatically but it takes about 10 seconds or so. I have encountered that all over my home and away so I cannot pinpoint a specific source of interference that may be causing this."

5) User @carbform faces this problem : "One more issue is that one of the buds suddenly shows 0 % battery level and stops playing audio. The battery level is displayed correctly after putting that particular bud in the charging case."

6) Sometimes on a call/video call, even though the phone is on silent mode, the whatsapp message sent sound can be heard. Such a sound is only heard when phone is on ring mode. Also, when playing some media audio while on call, about 20-30% of the times the audio quality is not as it should be. It sounds like a audio that comes from a phone call which is bad and mushy.

7) Randomly on a call / video call the Buds produce really weird sounds that is very jarring and mushed. The sound is of the call itself but of very bad quality. This happens for a brief period and then sound starts coming fine.
    Also sometimes the max volume of the Bud becomes very low on call, when I disconnect and reconnect the buds, the sound starts coming just fine on a louder volume.

8) Weird sounds are heard from the buds after a media has stopped playing. It is heard for a brief second like of wind and digital sounds mixed. It's weird and difficult to explain.
    This is also heard when any media is being played but is not enough to overpower that sound. Calls, message sent sound, audio with single and focused sounds. When the buds knows that a media is playing this mushy shound is triggered, it is heard when the media itself is silent / low volume but it is playing. EG: If I create a muted audio file and play it, the same sound will be heard because the Buds recognise that media is being played. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN WHEN NO MEIDA IS PLAYING AND BUDS ARE IN EAR. THERE IS COMPLETE AND ABSOLUTE SILENCE THEN.

9) When talking on call with the fans on in the background the Buds pick up a LOT of that sound and the person at the other end complains of very loud and windy noises. I was told this should be fixed with a software update soon.

10) On a call, the media volume control dosent seem to work and the media sound is controlled by the call volume control bar. Increasing / decreasing the call volume bar affects both call volume and media volume. The quality of media volume is also really bad when on call and this does not happen with other earphones.

11) User @rsing557 faces this problem : "So far both my girlfriend and I have a pair each of the OnePlus Buds and we both have OnePlus 7t's. Both units suffer from constant disconnections only when on phone calls. This is very poor as we use it both for business use as well as personal and having multiple disconnections is very unprofessional."

12) User @L1606058297888 faces this problem : "I have an issue where the earbuds will detach from the telephone during a call. It is possible that it will simply associate, or I get an uproarious humming clamor and afterward detachment. They do reconnect consequently yet it takes around 10 seconds or something like that. I have experienced that everywhere on my home and away so I can't pinpoint a particular wellspring of impedance that might be causing this."

Kindly put in your problems and I'll update them on the thread. Also, if anyone has found solutions for any listed problems please mention them as well.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020

2. rsing557
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2020

rsing557 , Sep 1, 2020 :
    I have an issue where the earbuds will disconnect from the phone during a phone call. Either it will just connect, or I get a loud buzzing noise and then disconnection. They do reconnect automatically but it takes about 10 seconds or so. I have encountered that all over my home and away so I cannot pinpoint a specific source of interference that may be causing this.

3. carbform
    Cupcake Sep 2, 2020

carbform , Sep 2, 2020 :
    Using the buds with Nord. The inbuilt recording app does not pick up the signal from the buds microphone. I tested it several times to confirm this issue. I couldn't find an option to choose the default microphone for the recorder app.
    One more issue is that one of the buds (the left one, most of the times ) suddenly shows 0 % battery level and stops playing audio. The battery level is displayed correctly after putting that particular bud in the charging case.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020

4. rsing557
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2020

rsing557 , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Any updates on these issues? Does the OnePlus team look at this? So far both my girlfriend and I have a pair each of the OnePlus Buds and we both have OnePlus 7t's. Both units suffer from constant disconnections only when on phone calls. This is very poor as we use it both for business use as well as personal and having multiple disconnections is very unprofessional. I feel like removing the headphone jack would only be a good thing if OnePlus had a robust production ready solution to replace regular plug-in headphones.

5. Shivam_Murarka
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2020

Shivam_Murarka , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Hey! The issues are still persistent and no update as of yet. There was a recent Open Ears hosted regarding the audio accessories and hopefully a software update will fix them soon. I have also mentioned them to the OnePlus Accessory Product Manager and hopefully he will go through this. In the meantime I'll update your problem as well. Thank you.

carbform likes this.
  6. rsing557
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2020

rsing557 , Sep 19, 2020 :
    Thanks so much!! I really appreciate the quick response.

7. tp3cka
    Eclair Sep 20, 2020

tp3cka , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Microphone in these headphones is complete garbage, only records the wind, no noise cancellation at all

carbform and Shivam_Murarka like this.
  8. AlanZheng1
    Cupcake Oct 10, 2020

AlanZheng1 , Oct 10, 2020 :
    I thought I am the only one experiencing the problems. fk u, OnePlus. I am gonna stay away from OnePlus products. the worst experience with a wireless earbuds ever.

9. Angelus.6004
    Eclair Oct 13, 2020

Angelus.6004 , Oct 13, 2020 :
    This OnePlus Buds are also bad when handling Calls and Media volumes at the same time, when I'm on a discord call with my friends to play mobile games the Media volume ( Game volume ) sounds distorted or drown like effect. I own a pair of Airpods 2nd generation and i don't have any issues when using them for the same action.

I have a OnePlus 7T T-Mobile Variant and i can say this Buds are the worst experience i ever had with a pair of Bluetooth headphones/earphones.

carbform and Shivam_Murarka like this.
  10. Shivam_Murarka
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2020

Shivam_Murarka , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 14, 2020 :
    Hey! That true. Point number 10 suggests a part of your problem. Check it out

11. reyoasian
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2020

reyoasian , Oct 21, 2020 :
    I've been experiencing this after using the buds for about a month. I notice it's always the right bud that does it...Anyone have any idea on a fix?

7) Randomly on a call / video call the Buds produce really weird sounds that is very jarring and mushed. The sound is of the call itself but of very bad quality. This happens for a brief period and then sound starts coming fine.
    Also sometimes the max volume of the Bud becomes very low on call, when I disconnect and reconnect the buds, the sound starts coming just fine on a louder volume.

Shivam_Murarka likes this.
  12. Shivam_Murarka
    Gingerbread Oct 26, 2020

Shivam_Murarka , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 26, 2020 :
    Hey! No updates on any fix as of now. But I noticed a change in the current software version recently. What's the current version of the Buds you are running on?

Sam peteti likes this.
  13. Sam peteti
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2020

14. Princeg63
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2020

Princeg63 , Oct 31, 2020 :
    i just received the one plus buds z and i have noticed a weird sound during call which keep coming.earlier i got one plus buds even in that bud there was same issue. do we have any solution to it ??

mail.aksingh and Shivam_Murarka like this.
  15. Shivam_Murarka
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2020

Shivam_Murarka , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 1, 2020 :
    Hey! I was hoping that these problems don't persist in the Buds Z. But after you've said it, it seems otherwise.
    No solutions as of yet but I've noticed that these weird call sounds are more evident on internet based calls ( whatsapp calls, video calls, etc ) and the normal phone calls seem alright.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020

16. Shivam_Murarka
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2020

Shivam_Murarka , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 1, 2020 :
    Thank you for the response.

There should be another 3 digits after that. Like my current software version is 342.342.309 and I'm using them on my OnePlus 7 Pro. Kindly get back to me if you can!

17. Sam peteti , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Nov 1, 2020 :
    309 only

18. Sam peteti , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Nov 1, 2020 :
    Myne also same version using in 7T

Shivam_Murarka likes this.
  19. O1604468283755
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2020

O1604468283755 , Nov 5, 2020 :
    What did the solution come for problem number one in the list please tell me I'm facing this problem and it's very irritating

Sam peteti likes this.
  20. Sam peteti , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Nov 5, 2020 :
    I think we have a rasise a feedback instead o threads