Accessories OnePlus Buds - My experience, My thought

1. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Aug 10, 2020

fragargon , Aug 10, 2020 :
    EarBuds_flyers.jpg
    [​IMG]

Hi Peeps,

Today OnePlus achieve to bring us true wireless earbuds. I could afford those buds the first day, I'm giving you my feelings about them. It's a 5 minutes read review so if you wonder how they looks, sounds like. Give it a read.

I'm not bother you by technical sheet specification. All those informations can be found on the onePlus e-Shop
    =====> OnePlus Buds

In the box, Earbuds , charging case, short usb-c charging wired, manuals​

[​IMG]

This earbuds come in a handy charging box. There is only one led on the front of the case giving you all the information needed. Green = fully charged/charging earbuds - white blinking = pairing mode - red blinking = factory reset

[​IMG]

The button on the back of the case handle different mode. It helps managed those mode. An manual within the earbuds box describes howto handle that button. The earbuds are made in plastic hard shell.

[​IMG]

Pairing the Earbuds is that simple:

Make sure your Bluethoot are enable on your smartphone. Open the OnePlus earbuds charging case. The first time your handset should recognize the earbuds. Select pair the earbuds and voila, it's paired. It's that simple, no need to read, rush into the manuals yet :) You should see that notification from the OnePlus Buds in your notification area

[​IMG]

Let's get straigh to the point, talking about sound:

Bass are no deep. It feels that bass are emphasis, the treble tone are a little stuffy. Noneless to say Dolby Atmos help in this matter, you can set up EQ to your liking and correct the tones to your liking. I'm streaming music from SoundCloud , Spotify, with audio codec quality stream to AAC. Although I have to say that each ears is unique. Evaluating sounds quality from Earbuds is pretty relative to each ears. I set up Dolby Atmos to my liking. I raised the high tones as bass is over emphasys and some tiny sound like percussion is not always obvious to hear. They play loudl! Don't forget that those buds are half in ear. Noise isolation impact the sound quality in comparition of earbuds with silicone tips. This is the fact with this earbuds, external noise can lead to an auditory masking effect.
    I got one request about this earbuds, more control, Volume control is missing but can be managed through G assistant!

What about adding more music control like simple tap, double tap and triple tap for example. This would raised the ability to control the earbuds while listening to music.

There is a small sensor in each earbud that is also able to detect when you’ve got them seated within your ears. This is great for being able to speak to someone, with the audio resuming when you put a OnePlus Bud back in the ear (3 minutes as manual information any longer you must manually resume)

[​IMG]

here is the strengh of this buds:

As a casual headset, yes you will be satisfied and be excited. :)
    Battery autonomy is pretty good, control can be handy with google assistant (left double tap trigger Gassistant - right trigger next track) voice quality is present (noise cancellation). In a crowded street, google assistant help me control volume up/down - pause - play music - call a contact. Seat in my ears I could wear them all working day. It stayed seated in my ears (note that my left ear is little smaller than right). Isolation is poor ( from a security or office perspective that is good). When calling no one of my correspondant complain of voice sound quality (they could hear me clearly) even in a crowded street (each buds sport 3 micros). Incoming call is automatically picked up (number or contact name is resume before being picked up - smartphone setting). You can reject call holding touch control from each earbuds. Thanks to the application oneplus buds up-grade the micor firmware, we've been afford the customization of 4 control (double tap left and right buds) You could connect it to laptop with the help of back button and switch from one to another when holding touch control 3 sec. from the earbuds). During the testing I've had short dropout connection but they reconnected as soon.

[​IMG]

pairing with desktp/laptop:

I tested this feature with my desktop, it paired with a Belkin bluetooth dongle (an old BT 3.0) but no sounds came out on the buds. I tried to swich back to the smartphone but it was unsuccesfull. I should unpair the buds with the op8pro and paired the buds back to be able to listen music.

I did the same with my windows laptop Peak (similar to a chromebook). Pairing with the laptop work flawlessly. Earbuds in the charging case, open the case, leave the earbuds in it. Push the back button for 3 sec, a white light will blink. Pair the buds with laptop ,set the buds in your ear, play music (spotify). I would say that they sound good as the smartphone does (spotify) Switch from laptop to smartphone is that simple to touch hold on an earbud 3sec (a bip will tell you that the earbuds is connected to the other device)

[​IMG]

So from a casual activities, yes there are nice, cheap and easily pockable. However settle in a rest room and listen to music with is not the right choice, I'd rather use an over ear headset or BWZ which brings better isolation with silicon tips and so on get a better sound. Hope that OnePlus afford an upgrade of the micro firmware as dropout connection needs to be iron out and more music control.

As a conclusion I would say that The earbuds are handy, pocketable. Sounds quality are average but much than enough for a anyone but HiFi officinados. Much has been written with about earbuds confort, I can seat them in my ear during a working day. Yesterday i went for a bike tour in the forest with the earbuds seat in the ear, they didn't drop out. (I can't do this with silicone tips which hurts my ears after few hours) The battery last the the tour and got still plenty juice to play with at home without settle down to the charging case

[​IMG]
    I try to go straight to the point in this review and keep this reading as shorter as possible.
    If you read this, means you read all the review, you got more question about the Earbuds, left me a message. I would answer it. :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020

SRD., Vansh99, deep0611 and 7 others like this.
  2. Shubham_Ag.
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2020

Shubham_Ag. , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    You've done it again! A nice review covering most of the aspects and the details. Well done! [e]1f60a[/e]
    I can certainly say that you're enjoying Monique music on these buds [e]1f604[/e]

3. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2020

fragargon , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Hi Shubham, I focused on the main detail as to keep it short and easy to read. Thank you my friend.
    You're right, enjoying Monique 'Trans (her name is Alésia) jours of dj set available on SoundCloud! 😀

4. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Aug 11, 2020

5. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2020

Hi Helder thank you for your question. The battery performed well. From now didn't succeed to depleting the battery even after 7hour usage. Each time the buds were not use I set them back to the case and so on being recharged. From the 10 days usage I only fully recharged the box once! So actually I can barely give an right answer. Yesterday I used them all the day, box is 60% and buds fully charged 100%. Upon this value I would say I can use them 3 days without charging the box..

6. Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Thanks for answering! Seems very nice the battery 🔋

Batman360, superplus and fragargon like this.
  7. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2020

Indeed this is the best part of this product. Being said there isn't smart battery technology included so it would interesting to know how much cycle those buds will handle! M2c

8. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Aug 12, 2020

Batman360 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    What a crisp and amazing review Frag! 😍🔥
    Also, the shots looks soo beautiful 😍😍😍

Helder_DAlmeida and fragargon like this.
  9. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Aug 12, 2020

fragargon , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Thanks Batman. An easy, quickly read! 😋

10. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2020

fragargon likes this.
  11. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2020

Batman360 and Girish.Pranav like this.
  12. rohitvarma1986 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Have you faced issue of the left or the right bud not charging beyond a certain point. For me the right bud never charges beyond 80% . Tried factory reset as well to no avail. Couple of other people are also facing the same issue ( for one, right bud doesn't go past 50 % ). The only way it does charge is to keep the case open with the buds in.

13. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Aug 15, 2020

fragargon , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 15, 2020 :
    Hi,

No I never faced this issue with left or right buds on battery left, charging or connecting issue. Btw I must say that I always use both buds seat in ear.
    M2c

Batman360 likes this.
  14. swaroopbhat
    Froyo Aug 20, 2020

swaroopbhat , Aug 20, 2020 :
    Amazing review!!! I must ask one question after all this. Is it worth buying it for 5k?? I am using OnePlus 7... I have read a lot of reviews in amazon and most of them seemed to be negative...They have complained about the buds disconnecting at times and reconnecting again and also the microphone issue where the other side could hear a muffled voice... Can you please check the above two issues and suggest me, owning an OnePlus 7, worth for 5k?

fragargon likes this.
  15. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Aug 20, 2020

fragargon , Aug 20, 2020 :

I had dropout connection but since a flashed DP3 only op8pro I'm not facing this issue anymore. The voice quality calling rely on both buds so if you planned to use only one buds seat in ear, yes you'll probable face this issue (muffled voice). As I stated, I use both buds in ear. There are half in so you can hear external environnement noise or speak to someone if the sound is less than 30%. It doesn't make sense to seat.only 1 buds regarding this fact. Here is a good review I read few days ago. He made some test when using only 1 buds in ear. https://www.xda-developers.com/goog...-fast-pair-devices-now-appear-find-my-device/

TWS for 89€ worth the buy, they sound good, the battery is amazing and they are handy, easily pocketable with the case. However they only support AAC and SBC codec. If you r using an OnePlus phone is a worth buying, this not.perfect but the price for TWS is half what you can found in the market. They are premium TWS with ANC, silicone tips, wireless charging etc... But they are priced 3X time the price. M2C

16. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Aug 28, 2020

fragargon , Aug 28, 2020 :
    Hi @Crystal Z.

the title is updated, i wrote this quick review 3 weeks ago.
    I wanted to give a quick and easy read review of the OnePlus Buds.

Happy WE